Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 09:46 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I believe in freedom of speech, even if it is not delivered in English.
The OP apparently has some issues with the First Amendment, displayed when he stated "Joseph McCarthy was a patriotic great American that I respect very much to this day. I wish there were more like him dealing with Muslims we have in this country" Must be difficult having a lying drunk as one's idol.

Last edited by burdell; 12-29-2012 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-29-2012, 09:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The OP apparently has some issues with the First Amendment, displayed when he stated "Joseph McCarthy was a patriotic great American that I respect very much to this day. I wish there were more like him dealing with Muslims we have in this country" Must be difficult having a lying drunk as one's idol.
Must be a Bush supporter too.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:53 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
What I find offensive is some or the same people who don 't like this NEVER spoke out when there was "art" display's trashing religious figures, like pissing on Jesus.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:55 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Default Vietnam Vet (We Should Respect Him) Defends His Frontyard Display Of A Obama Mannequin 'Eating A Watermelon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Like me, this man fought for this country in the Vietnam War and therefore we should respect him and his right to display this mannequin of Obama eating a watermelon in his front yard in Kentucky. From what I gather, the neighbors approve what he is doing and doesn't find anything wrong with it. I agree with them. As a soldier, he should be appreciated for practicing his freedom of expression. He earned it by wearing the uniform and taking a oath to defend his country and the Constitution.

Casey County Man Defends Controversial Obama Display | LEX18.com | Lexington, Kentucky

"The way I look at it, it's freedom of speech," Hafley told LEX 18 in a recent interview, going on to state that he had included the watermelon not in attempt to play to any racist stereotypes, but because the statue "might get hungry standing out here."

Yes, a Vietnam vet has the right to publicly express what an a$$hole he is. Just like I have the right to call him one.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:00 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
What I find offensive is some or the same people who don 't like this NEVER spoke out when there was "art" display's trashing religious figures, like pissing on Jesus.
Oh, I don't like either. I find both highly insulting and obnoxious. But they both fall under freedom of speech. Kind of sucks when I don't like the message but I passionately support that right.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Oh, I don't like either. I find both highly insulting and obnoxious. But they both fall under freedom of speech. Kind of sucks when I don't like the message but I passionately support that right.
Bingo.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:08 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Get serious. There's no way you can pretend to know what anybody "never spoke out about." You are not omniscient.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
This is a freedom of speech, just like it is my freedom of speech to voice my opinion against it. Also "never" is a bold word when you have nothing to back it up with.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Thumbs up 1987 = Reagan years

Quote:
Yeah, the one partially funded by tax dollars during the Reagan administration.

Funny how the conservos always try to lay that one on "libs."

**** Christ is a 1987 photograph by the American artist and photographer Andres Serrano. It depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. The piece was a winner of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art's "Awards in the Visual Arts" competition,[1] which was sponsored in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, a United States Government agency that offers support and funding for artistic projects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_Christ

Old 12-29-2012, 10:16 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yeah, the one partially funded by tax dollars during the Reagan administration.
**** Christ did not receive one penny in government funding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies