Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 04:24 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Homosexuals are not banned from marriage.

They may marry a member of the opposite sex just like heterosexuals.
Why hope or expect a heterosexual to marry a homosexual, so the homosexual can be married? I don't expect a homosexual to appreciate such a marriage, either.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:26 PM

18,421 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Of course I should you. You're the one who said that sometime in the future we can consider giving them equal rights. That statement assumes they currently don't have equal rights. I'm just curious where you see them being discriminated against in the law since I don't see it.

you're right they do have equal rights they can marry a human of the opposite sex, not a problem.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:27 PM

25,776 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
What a silly post.

I compare loving gay couples with loving straight couples.

By comparing the commited relationships of LGBT people to one type of unusual sexual fetish or another, you are in fact trying to defame gay couple.

Same-sex marriage is legal in several states and in DC here in the US, and in many countries around the world. Get used to it.
Your post is expressing agalmatophobia. I am in no way trying to defame anything. I'm asking for equality. Who are you to call agalmatophilia unusual? And why is "unusual" bad in your eyes?

And I compare loving agalmatophilia-based couples with loving straight couples and loving gay couples and loving any kind of couples. Your restrictive sense of permissiveness is Agalmatophobic in the extreme.

As far as same sex couples, I am used to it. I'm asking you to get used to agalmatophilia-based couples and quit relegating them to the scrap heap of second-class citizens or loonies. I'm asking for no more than you are.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:28 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Your post is expressing agalmatophobia. I am in no way trying to defame anything. I'm asking for equality. Who are you to call agalmatophilia unusual? And why is "unusual" bad in your eyes?

And I compare loving agalmatophilia-based couples with loving straight couples and loving gay couples and loving any kind of couples. Your restrictive sense of permissiveness is Agalmatophobic in the extreme.

As far as same sex couples, I am used to it. I'm asking you to get used to agalmatophilia-based couples and quit relegating them to the scrap heap of second-class citizens or loonies. I'm asking for no more than you are.
How do you not have equality? Where in the law are you discriminated against?

Old 01-06-2013, 04:34 PM

25,776 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I do not consider agalmatophobic on equal footing as homosexuality. I don't have a lot of information on "agalmatos" but I doubt it is an orientation but rather an attraction. if and when agalms number in population as homosexuals perhaps then we can consider fighting for equal rights. I have no objections to you or anyone else wanting to love a doll but it is in no way comparable to being gay
I thank you for your understanding, but I feel you are wrong in your assertion that the rights of the minority should be subservient to the rights of the majority.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:

so sincere, you should change your orientation on your profile

Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,893,034 times
For all those who dont support gay marriage than you support the opposite which is?? that gays should reject the idea of having a life partner to share and support one another in good times and bad.. that we should just be relegated to a single lonely life or one of promiscuity and filling in the void through negative behaviours of which you will inevitably judge! Talk about setting people up for failure... I see a common thread amongst those that deny equal rights and that is a lack of humanity and empathy for fellow man. Hitler exuded similar traits...

Old 01-06-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I thank you for your understanding, but I feel you are wrong in your assertion that the rights of the minority should be subservient to the rights of the majority.

the rights of the majority is called democracy

Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM

657 posts, read 696,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the rights of the majority is called democracy
We don't have a democracy, we have a republic. The rights of EVERYONE are respective, not the majority nor minority.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:46 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,893,034 times
There has to be certain inalienable rights that protect citizens from the sway of a majority vote! This is called societal progress and seperates us from nations of the past..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies