Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoreyouknow View Post
wow, share the rest of the details of what took place with us miss cleo
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Chicago has always had strict gun control and a plethora of anti-gun politicans. I live there for several decades; it was illegal to even have a handgun in city limits. You could legally buy a handgun but were supposed to store it outside of city limits. In Chicago you could expect to be a crime victim at least every other year. I had two cars stolen, was burglarized twice, and robbed on the street once.

Richie Daley Jr, Blago, and most Chicago pols were all big time gun-control proponets. Including Pres. Obama, of course. In 1992 I moved to Seattle, WA, and was shocked to find numerous gun ranges, gun dealers on 1st Ave in downtown Seattle, and a CCW permit available upon 5 minutes of paperwork. And a miniscule homicide rate compared to Chicago. Never had a car stolen, been burglarized, or robbed on the street, not even once.
The only answer is that these thugs are killing people with their guns outside the city limits, then dragging them back into the city, while leaving their fire arms outside the city limits.

With all of the gun laws, that is the only logical answer.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Did you even bother reading the OP, the victim uttered, "they shot me in the back"

A gun would not have helped him.
Read the story, it says he was running to safety unarmed when he was shot by an 0bama sympathizer...

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-04-2013 at 04:53 AM..

Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
Quote:
Oh....name ONE city with lax fire arms laws that has a higher gun murder rate than Chicago.
Well, like I noted earlier, Detroit is one. Detroit's murder rate is over 2.5 times as high as Chicago's rate. In Michigan alone, Flint and Saginaw also had higher murder rates than Chicago. New Orleans and Baton Rouge did as well. Any American city with a murder rate higher than 19.0 per 100,000 people had a higher murder rate than Chicago.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Terrible, terrible story. However, the majority of evidence suggests:

Tough gun control laws linked to lower death rates - latimes.com

A San Francisco-based policy center on gun control laws has produced a report that says states with strict gun laws have the lowest gun-related death rates. In contrast, it reports, states with the highest per capita gun death rates have "weak" gun laws.

Btw, New York, a city with strict gun control laws and a poverty rate above 20%, had a record low homicide rate in 2012. Can I submit that as evidence that tough gun laws work?

Old 01-03-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually there aren't enough cops on the streets of Southside Chicago to catch every criminal carrying a hand gun. I hate to say it, but I think the stop and frisk, as much of a violation it would be with racial profiling, might actually be effective in parts of Chicago.
As a believer in following the constitution, that is NEVER the answer.

Here's the answer....legalize hand guns. And decriminalize pot.

If caught with a hand gun that is not legally yours, you get minimum 5 years...no parole.

If the gun is used in a crime, minimum 10 years, no parole.

If the weapon is fired during said crime, minimum 25 years, no parole.

if someone is injured or killed, life with no parole. Death penalty depending on the circumstances.

In year one, gun crimes would drop by 80%.

Chicago would be safe again.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
As a believer in following the constitution, that is NEVER the answer.

Here's the answer....legalize hand guns. And decriminalize pot.

If caught with a hand gun that is not legally yours, you get minimum 5 years...no parole.

If the gun is used in a crime, minimum 10 years, no parole.

If the weapon is fired during said crime, minimum 25 years, no parole.

if someone is injured or killed, life with no parole. Death penalty depending on the circumstances.

In year one, gun crimes would drop by 80%.

Chicago would be safe again.
Why should the punishment for crime with a gun be worse than a knife?? A crime is a crime.

You gun grabbers are all the same!!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Guns are not illegal in Chicago, you need to educate yourself.

Gary, Indiana and East Chicago Indiana have much more lenient gun laws and their homicide rate is much much higher than Chicago.
Chicago passes revised gun law, allowing handgun ownership - CSMonitor.com

Sorry Sally.

The laws are just very, very restrictive. May as well be illegal.

The fact remains that black cities have the highest murder rates.

Look. I don't care if 1000's of lowlife drug dealers are killed off by other drug gangs.

To me, it's about the 2nd amendment.

Conceal carry laws reduce crime.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 PM

Default White Power!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
I never mentioned race TROLL....

I do know everyone loves 0bama in Chicago though...
Right...... Some murdering thugs kill an innocent man and Obama is the first thing that pops in your head.

Stay stupid tea party.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Chicago passes revised gun law, allowing handgun ownership - CSMonitor.com

Sorry Sally.

The laws are just very, very restrictive. May as well be illegal.

The fact remains that black cities have the highest murder rates.

Look. I don't care if 1000's of lowlife drug dealers are killed off by other drug gangs.

To me, it's about the 2nd amendment.

Conceal carry laws reduce crime.
Wrong, I live in Chicago and I know many people who legally own guns, both hand guns and rifles. Your own link says they are legal!! WTF dude!!

Now you can't go around waving them in a bar like the old West, but that doesn't mean they are illegal.

Hee haw!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies