Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 PM

11,352 posts, read 16,719,851 times

Advertisements

Just another day in Paradise and acceptance of killings in Chicago.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
A revered Chicago muffler shop owner became the city’s fifth homicide of 2013, but not before calling his son to let him know he was shot, MyFoxChicago.com reported.

"They shot me in the back," Michael Kozel, 57, the owner Independent Muffler Shop in the city's Southwest Side, told his adult son. Those were his last words he said.

The son, who wished to remain anonymous, said he raced to his dad's shop, only to find Kozel in the back of an ambulance. Kozel was pronounced dead shortly after 9 p.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.

Read more: Beloved Chicago muffler store owner city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 06:47 PM

45,241 posts, read 26,477,444 times
Chicago obviously needs tougher gun laws...oh wait

Old 01-03-2013, 06:54 PM

40,954 posts, read 49,228,814 times
What's up with Chicago... it's about the worst in the US nowadays.

What they need is more of this:

Illinois Dems advance ban on most modern firearms | Fox News

Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,982,480 times
What are you guys writing about. Chicago is not the worse. You have to consider the size of the city. You also have to consider many firearms are coming from Kentucky and Mississippi and outside the city. There are many cities that have liberal firearm laws where the murder rate is higher than Chicago.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:06 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,136,551 times
I grew up in KY and the murder rates in some of the cities here are much higher than most of Chicago. I've been in both places and while Chicago has its issues, so do many other American cities. The issue has more to do with oppression and the drug trade, than geographical location.

Chicago isn't violent simply because its Chicago. It's violent because of various social issues in some of its poorer neighborhoods. There's reasons why the murder rates are almost non-existent in many of the wealthier North Side neighborhoods.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,682,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
What are you guys writing about. Chicago is not the worse. You have to consider the size of the city. You also have to consider many firearms are coming from Kentucky and Mississippi and outside the city. There are many cities that have liberal firearm laws where the murder rate is higher than Chicago.
For your sake and the sakes of everybody who cares about you, I sincerely hope you're being facetious.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,298,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Chicago obviously needs tougher gun laws...oh wait
The guy was shot in the back, a gun would not have saved him.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:30 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,982,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
For your sake and the sakes of everybody who cares about you, I sincerely hope you're being facetious.
What are you trying to write Dale? Are you disputing my comment or making a personal attack? Your usually very good at articulating your thoughts.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:33 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,045,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The guy was shot in the back, a gun would not have saved him.
Wow, share the rest of the details of what took place with us Miss Cleo

Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,374,090 times
Chicago has always had strict gun control and a plethora of anti-gun politicans. I live there for several decades; it was illegal to even have a handgun in city limits. You could legally buy a handgun but were supposed to store it outside of city limits. In Chicago you could expect to be a crime victim at least every other year. I had two cars stolen, was burglarized twice, and robbed on the street once.

Richie Daley Jr, Blago, and most Chicago pols were all big time gun-control proponets. Including Pres. Obama, of course. In 1992 I moved to Seattle, WA, and was shocked to find numerous gun ranges, gun dealers on 1st Ave in downtown Seattle, and a CCW permit available upon 5 minutes of paperwork. And a miniscule homicide rate compared to Chicago. Never had a car stolen, been burglarized, or robbed on the street, not even once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies