Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 07:29 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If the NRA had anyone with 2 braincells to rub together in their skull they would embrace this and cooperate fully. Their image is terrible. They seem like bloodthirsty morons every time they are interviewed on TV.
The NRA while the biggest gun org isn't the only one GOA and all the grass roots are also fighting this.

And they'll win...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 07:31 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Guess you have never heard of the 2nd amendment or you are just like Obama and his cronies and thugs you just don't care.
The 2nd amendment is completely outdated. Gun ownership yes, I agree for responsible owners.

I do not agree with 90% of the people who think they need to carry them around. Very few carry permits should be issued.

The 2nd amendment says you can own guns in your home. I agree with that. But unless you are part of a sanctioned militia you better leave them at home.

Illegally transporting or carrying firearms should be a felony.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:31 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
I think I was 8 when I was first allowed to shoot a .22 under direct supervision... I was probably 17 before I was allowed to go unsupervised.....

Old 01-07-2013, 07:32 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Well the incidence of gun violence in America is a lot higher than the incidence of the government taking away law-abiding citizen's guns, so I think we need to be realistic here.
We are being realistic.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:32 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
The 2nd amendment is completely outdated. Gun ownership yes, I agree for responsible owners.

I do not agree with 90% of the people who think they need to carry them around. Very few carry permits should be issued.

The 2nd amendment says you can own guns in your home. I agree with that. But unless you are part of a sanctioned militia you better leave them at home.

The idea that carrying should be heavily restricted is even more asinine than the idea that people shouldn't be allowed to own guns at all.

Sure, let them own guns, just don't let them carry them around. That will definitely stop the nutjobs. A stern warning that the guns must stay in the house. Good luck with that.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:33 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:

When did that part get put in there?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:33 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Yeah, because 7-year olds have a lot of self-control and great motor skills.
She can design and build operational Lego-based robots, she can play piano very well, and her butterfly stroke is better than mine. Yeah, you're right! 7 year olds certainly do have wonderful self-control and great motor skills!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:

And no one ever gets attacked away from home ? I have a legal concealed permit, it's legal and TX is not about to change it.

It's not the honest people who carry you need to worry about.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:

SCOTUS already ruled citizens are the militia... fail

Militias don't have to be sanctioned.

And your opinion holds no weight...

Your first amendment right is outdated...

Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Well the incidence of gun violence in America is a lot higher than the incidence of the government taking away law-abiding citizen's guns, so I think we need to be realistic here.
Tell that to black people from the beginning of this country all the way to the 60s.

Tell that to the Japanese of the 40s...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies