Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This right here is the problem.....

"What ever it's called"

Holy crap, if you are going to argue/discuss a point, please attempt to know the language of what you are attempting to discuss. All this does is make you look ignorant....

Research and knoweldge is your best friend....
Just proof that the left is totally against something they know nothing about. This is like someone telling others how to drive a car, but never having driven one themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 06:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
I just read this morning that Biden is meeting with the video game makers to get their opinions on gun control.
Yup..lots of expertise on gun control in the software industry. Valve, Blizzard-Activision are key experts on gun control.

How far removed from reality are we going to get here ?

Next he'll be meeting with the comic book creators for their opinions.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I just read this morning that Biden is meeting with the video game makers to get their opinions on gun control.
Yup..lots of expertise on gun control in the software industry. Valve, Blizzard-Activision are key experts on gun control.

I think the idea is to tell them (notice I didn't say ask or discuss) they've got to tone it down and think about stopping the cross advertising for some of the gun manufacturers/sponsors. I'm sure the conversation will go something along these lines "look guys, we've got people raising a ruckus about your product and my boss is determined that he will NOT look bad or be embarrassed just so you can make these games". "You're going to have a choice, tone it down or life could get really,really rough for you and your companies, we may not be able to tell you what to produce with that 1st amendment clap trap and all but we can write a whole bunch of executive orders and regulate you to death not to mention I'd heard the IRS has some questions and an audit might be headed your way".

Old 01-11-2013, 10:27 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:

Too funny.....

You have a problem with that but you think the NRA should have input? The NRA, whose job it is to lobby for the gun industry?

Why are you such a hypocrite?

Old 01-11-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Too funny.....

You have a problem with that but you think the NRA should have input? The NRA, whose job it is to lobby for the gun industry?

The only thing I'd take issue with is your stance about the NRA. Why does the NRA exist and gain membership whenever the knee jerk anti-gun people start throwing a fit? It isn't because people love to spend money on big groups. If there were any,any chance at all that the voices and thoughts of the people that legally own guns would be heard and considered there wouldn't be a need to join it.
Nobody can deny that the only way to have any sway in D.C. is by money or power (or preferably both) derived from a block of people working to the same goal.
If the NRA and groups like it didn't exist does anyone on here really believe that there'd be any private gun ownership today?
Think about that.
They're no different than all the environmentalist groups that are out there stopping whatever has raised their ire this month.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:20 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Too funny.....

Oh and our government is NEVER is swayed by lobbyists right ?

Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:

I agree, that's kind of dumb. Why not put some of the onus on parents. Maybe parents could limit their sons' usage of gaming so that they play less than the average 13 hours a week. And maybe teach their kids not to be bullies, since being bullied is a common theme in many of the shooters' lives.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times
The "recommendations" come from the UN and this is what they want...

Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 AM

So, for all those that came on here just ripping the NRA for having the gall to suggest armed guards in school please tell me how you feel now that good old Joe is making that part of his recommendations to Obama?
Hey I know, Joe suggested it to Wayne (NRA CEO) and it was leaked.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:17 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Holy crap, that's quite a story. I'm really glad you came through all that ok, sorry about your inlaws. That's horrible.

I realize that some people have not been as lucky as I and my family.

I'm all for you defending your home any way you see fit. I personally do not think guns are necessary but I realize the 2nd amendment will always be there so the guns are not going away.

BUT each gun should be registered and tracked so people are responsible for a gun they purchase. You just cannot turn around and sell it to your buddy who is just out of the joint and cannot legally buy a gun.

Ownership should be transferred after a background check on the new owner.

You used the best gun for self defense-a shotgun. These assault rifles and handguns? Most of the owners couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they are under stress with them.
Well I am back injured now and 61 years old..... By the grace of God i walk with my back as a ticking time bomb. I never know in the morning when I first wake up if i can even walk that day. Just a few days ago I could not walk very well or even stand up straight.

other days i am just fine and able to take long trails to hike, ski or snowshoe, but I can never plan that.

So there is no way I can defend myself from a bad guy with no guns..

As for a registry well that writing is on the wall now too.

If i were so stupid as to agree to any registry my name picture and address would be on sone stinking map, and one day a nice official from the Government would probably come knocking.

In that case of course i would hold him at bay in the door pointing my .45 govt mod in his face while my wife went to get a copy of:

public law 93-579
http://www.llsdc.org/attachments/wys.../PL093-579.pdf

This is a really cute law that no public servants would want to fill out and give back to me. I make sure any public servants get 3 of these to fill out before we speak much past this, and so far not one has ever been handed back to me yet!

This is very handy info for anyone not just gun owners. It puts the control exactly where i want it.

And while face to face buys are legal..... BECAUSE a gun you buy from a dealer has a 4473 form attached to it and to whom ever's name is on that form IF that gun goes some where and is used in a crime some one does come knocking.

Guys with coats that have 3 letters on the back will want to be talking to the guy who does have his name on the 4473 form for a FACT.

It just appears as like most people who have never bought a gun, you think there is now laws or any rules.

In Mass they have draconian laws on guns in a book 25,000 twenty five thousand pages thick. before you can buy ammo you need a card, before you can buy a hand gun you need a permit and these cost some fairly serious money.

I used to maintain a Mass pistol permit, and ya know what? That paper don't mean squat. The first one i still have because the chief of police who issued it to me has his name on it and that guy chose to break the LAW and blow out his own brains anyway.

A house built of paper is still a paper house no matter how yu look at it.

All these paper laws won't stop 1 killer one time ever....

No NO to any registry, and if the grabbers make it LAW they will just have made me a criminal..

It seems criminals are above the law these days anyway.

There is just one way to get my guns... That's after i don't need them anymore and neither does my grand son... Good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies