Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,464,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Coincidental to what??? The gun control debate? You think Obama had him whacked?

My guess would be suicide...
FRANKLIN COUNTY, Ga. -
A Georgia man behind one of the top 10 YouTube channels has been found dead. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is investigating the death of 32-year-old Keith Ratliff as a homicide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 02:10 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,944,124 times
If only he had guns, this wouldn't have happened.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:27 PM

112 posts, read 207,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
If only he had guns, this wouldn't have happened.
Haven't you heard? According to right-wingers, gun violence won't end until there is a gun in the hands of every man, woman, and child in America. Until then, we will have to keep re-living these tragedies over and over again.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:46 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,841,882 times
he probably brought it on himself. i dont care.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:52 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,862,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesABQ View Post
Haven't you heard? According to right-wingers, gun violence won't end until there is a gun in the hands of every man, woman, and child in America. Until then, we will have to keep re-living these tragedies over and over again.
Not entirely true, but I'd have a better chance against someone with a gun trying to kill me if I had my gun with me.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:29 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,802,509 times
Originally Posted by steven_h
There isn't a shooting event that an anti-gun nimrod won't spin in the favor of banning guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
I'm beginning to think that you are right.

If one of those Sandy Hook teachers had been carrying, and had taken out Lanza before he killed a single soul, we know in our hearts that the lives saved would not get coverage. If this hypothetical teacher stopped him after just 2 deaths, we would have heard how "see guns don't protect anyone, 2 kids died." No liberal or mindless one would for an instant think about how much worse it would have been. Doubtless the teacher would lose their job, instead.

How many stories where a gunman is stopped focus on how things would have gone if they were unopposed? The problem we have as armed citizens is that the lives saved will never be reported on. Only the lives taken, as they fit the approved narrative.
This response is a prime example of level headed common sense put to text.

Thank you

Last edited by steven_h; 01-10-2013 at 04:54 PM..

Old 01-10-2013, 04:53 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,802,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Yes. They are a tool designed specifically to kill a person. That's their job if the tool is used properly. What other "tool" has that inherently built into its purpose?
Guns are designed as a tool for defense: whether it be human or animal. They are designed to kill, not to murder. Just like alcohol, drugs, food, or anything else they can be abused.

These bureaucrats have banned food (Foie gras, salt, happy meals, large sodas) in an effort to make people eat right; with little effect!

I'm sorry; this control logic is back-asswards and goes against the entire premise of freedom. Banning weapons isn't about the betterment of society (not for the power mongers) so much as it is about control. The power they can cull by tramping on our rights and freedoms.

People have the right NOT to own a weapon. I have the right TO own a weapon. We gun owners won't force you to buy a weapon; anti-gun zealots shouldn't try to take ours away. Especially under the guise, the lie, of security and safety, because you'd get neither.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 PM

20,350 posts, read 19,958,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesABQ View Post
What do left wingers say?

Old 01-10-2013, 05:29 PM

768 posts, read 881,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
he probably brought it on himself. i dont care.
explain, sherlock...

Old 01-10-2013, 07:10 PM

24,438 posts, read 23,110,611 times
Was that the guy who did the really bad fake russian accent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies