Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,162,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Glory be, the gang is all here, hawkeye, Katiana, and now Suzy-Q! Somebody fire up the BBQ, and hand me a beer .... it's like a reunion.

Now, let's get something clear here right off the bat ... if you actually believe that the "flu vaccine" or any medication is capable of reducing deaths from "all-causes", which would necessarily include everything from automobile accidents to drive-by-shootings to accidental swimming pool drownings along with the countless other potential causes of death, including old age .... you and I are not intellectually compatible enough to experience a meaningful exchange on any subject. I don't know who made up the collection of mentally deranged nitwits you are using as a source for such information, but you really should find new ones, and you should also look into the possible causes of the obvious brain damage that must be present in a person that could believe such absurd nonsense as remotely feasible.

I pray, for your sake, that you're just being facetious, but I fear that you are indeed being serious.
She may have had one too many flu shots thereby breaching the critical mass required for neurological function.

She's a subscribed member of the alluminiti!

She probably adds extra aluminum to her pancakes, and then crunches them with mercury amalgam.

She's probably an outside deep breather on chemtrail days.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:36 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,770,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's just it -- I have never had the flu shot and in all my working years must not have had the flu -- or else my grandfather's old time remedies really work -- he nor my dad never missed a day of work from illness either so either we're naturally resistant against the flu or his way worked to stop them.

I've had the aches and fever and chills but they never made me sick for 3 or 4 days in bed.
It is possible you have never been exposed, or a very strong immune system.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
MSG causes encephalitis? Really? Source?

Harpocrates Speaks: Demystifying Vaccine Ingredients - MSG
Headache: Causes - MayoClinic.com

"* Food Additives that ALWAYS contain MSG *

Monosodium Glutamate
Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
Hydrolyzed Protein
Hydrolyzed Plant Protein
Plant Protein Extract
Sodium Caseinate
Calcium Caseinate
Yeast Extract
Textured Protein (Including TVP)
Autolyzed Yeast
Hydrolyzed Oat Flour
Corn Oil"

MSG - Slowly Poisoning America

Old 01-19-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Artful Dodger?

Old 01-19-2013, 12:54 PM

15,217 posts, read 8,740,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know, Tex, rereading your post, you don't get the Flu Mist at all. No one said the flu mist couldn't cause the flu. It is a live virus vaccine. "Everyone" who works with vaccines knows there is a potential for a live virus vaccine to cause the disease, especially in immunocompromised people. However, actual transmission has been rare, and linked to day care centers where the hygiene is not exactly stellar, despite the best efforts of the staff.
You know ... you have this annoying tendency to present your beliefs as representing the official consensus stance on these matters, when nothing could be further from the truth. Like the idea that there is "no question about the science" which totally ignores a decades long raging debate that has been ongoing, and building to an explosive head in recent years. The same is true of the official position regarding flu vaccine being able to cause the disease, which is strenuously denied by the so-called experts, while proffering the defunct circular reasoning that side effects from the vaccine may produce all of the symptoms of the flu, but doesn't show one actually got the flu from the vaccine.

Now I must admit that I'm floored by you conceding the point that a live virus vaccine can cause the disease, because it is a significant departure from the official position which you generally defend at all costs. So, I'm not sure if this is simply a tactical error on your part, or a sign of willingness to be honest. Be that as it may, this line of reasoning needs to be explored in more depth.

So if we agree that the live virus FluMist vaccine can indeed cause the flu ... it is part and parcel to that conclusion that it can also serve as a vector for spreading the infection. One need no psychic ability or prophetic skill to predict the likely outcome of administering an infectious agent like this in a setting such as a WalMart Store, with adults and children all lined up to have this infectious agent squirted into their nostrils. This vaccine administration then results in the runny noses and sneezing, and wiping of those noses with their hands. Then, this platoon of people go about their shopping ... picking up and handling products and shopping carts and spreading these live viruses throughout the entire store, creating the scenario for many others to come along behind them and be exposed to possible infection themselves. The store patrons and employees alike, who may then be infected, who then go about their routines after leaving that store to spread this everywhere else they go ... the restaurant, the movie theater, the post office, the school, on and on and on. Fact is, it doesn't take an inordinate amount of objective analysis to see how such a scenario is more likely to cause an increase in infection rates of a target population, rather than serving as a preventive measure. And one need only set aside their personal biases and beliefs long enough to allow common sense to speak.

Now, whether or not this is a product of immensely gross incompetence, bordering shear lunacy, or a deliberate act to facilitate predictable negative outcomes, is left for the individual to decide. However, one would have to be very thick to dismiss intention as the most likely case, given the obvious financial benefits of mass distribution of vaccines, and the resulting increase in infection rates, and the resulting increases in business at hospitals, doctors offices, pharmacies, to include increased sales of over-the-counter medications, which is alone, a Multibillion dollar enterprise annually.

Those who do not immediately recognize the serious flaws in this whole ill conceived program, possess the type of poor judgement that allows them to dismiss purpose as the guiding hand here.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:13 PM

37,360 posts, read 41,624,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You know ... you have this annoying tendency to present your beliefs as representing the official consensus stance on these matters, when nothing could be further from the truth. Like the idea that there is "no question about the science" which totally ignores a decades long raging debate that has been ongoing, and building to an explosive head in recent years. The same is true of the official position regarding flu vaccine being able to cause the disease, which is strenuously denied by the so-called experts, while proffering the defunct circular reasoning that side effects from the vaccine may produce all of the symptoms of the flu, but doesn't show one actually got the flu from the vaccine.

Now I must admit that I'm floored by you conceding the point that a live virus vaccine can cause the disease, because it is a significant departure from the official position which you generally defend at all costs. So, I'm not sure if this is simply a tactical error on your part, or a sign of willingness to be honest. Be that as it may, this line of reasoning needs to be explored in more depth.

So if we agree that the live virus FluMist vaccine can indeed cause the flu ... it is part and parcel to that conclusion that it can also serve as a vector for spreading the infection. One need no psychic ability or prophetic skill to predict the likely outcome of administering an infectious agent like this in a setting such as a WalMart Store, with adults and children all lined up to have this infectious agent squirted into their nostrils. This vaccine administration then results in the runny noses and sneezing, and wiping of those noses with their hands. Then, this platoon of people go about their shopping ... picking up and handling products and shopping carts and spreading these live viruses throughout the entire store, creating the scenario for many others to come along behind them and be exposed to possible infection themselves. The store patrons and employees alike, who may then be infected, who then go about their routines after leaving that store to spread this everywhere else they go ... the restaurant, the movie theater, the post office, the school, on and on and on. Fact is, it doesn't take an inordinate amount of objective analysis to see how such a scenario is more likely to cause an increase in infection rates of a target population, rather than serving as a preventive measure. And one need only set aside their personal biases and beliefs long enough to allow common sense to speak.

Now, whether or not this is a product of immensely gross incompetence, bordering shear lunacy, or a deliberate act to facilitate predictable negative outcomes, is left for the individual to decide. However, one would have to be very thick to dismiss intention as the most likely case, given the obvious financial benefits of mass distribution of vaccines, and the resulting increase in infection rates, and the resulting increases in business at hospitals, doctors offices, pharmacies, to include increased sales of over-the-counter medications, which is alone, a Multibillion dollar enterprise annually.

Those who do not immediately recognize the serious flaws in this whole ill conceived program, possess the type of poor judgement that allows them to dismiss purpose as the guiding hand here.
FluMist does not cause flu.

Myths about FluMist outrunning the facts (12/17/04)

"In studies comparing FluMist with a placebo vaccine, there were no differences in the frequency of reported cough, runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches, fever, chills, or decreased activity in children. A small number of adults who have received FluMist do report a slightly greater frequency of runny nose, sore throat, and nasal congestion, but there were no differences in the number of reported flu-like illnesses between the two groups. While people may report a flu-like illness after receiving FluMist, remember that many respiratory “cold” viruses that can cause a flu-like illness circulate in the winter months. FluMist, and the flu shot for that matter, do not cause influenza."

Old 01-19-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
FluMist does not cause flu.

Myths about FluMist outrunning the facts (12/17/04)

"In studies comparing FluMist with a placebo vaccine, there were no differences in the frequency of reported cough, runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches, fever, chills, or decreased activity in children. A small number of adults who have received FluMist do report a slightly greater frequency of runny nose, sore throat, and nasal congestion, but there were no differences in the number of reported flu-like illnesses between the two groups. While people may report a flu-like illness after receiving FluMist, remember that many respiratory “cold” viruses that can cause a flu-like illness circulate in the winter months. FluMist, and the flu shot for that matter, do not cause influenza."
If it sneezes like a duck . . .

Old 01-19-2013, 01:53 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,922,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I think I was exposed as a child often enough and have built up enough immunity. I also know that a natural infection will give you more broad-spectrum immunity -- all that less specific IgM.

I think I've had slight cases of the flu because I've felt sick at the end of a work day, and feverish and aching by the time I got home. I really do believe that what my grandfather and father told me to do in those cases makes perfect medical sense.

Their remedy was to take two hot toddies -- plenty of whisky or two southern comfort manhattens, pile on clothes and thick warm socks and get under a bunch of blankets. You wake up about 1 am in a sweat but you have to stay under those blankets and by morning you're good to go.

Scientists know that viruses stop reproducing above normal body temperature, so helping the fever would work to stop viral grow -- better than tamiflu I think. Plus the alcohol probably stuns the virus that are in the blood stream and keeps them from reproducing and the fever response also helps the immune system to do it's job. No tylenol or anything like that because that hurts the body's response and brings down fever allowing the virus to reproduce and spread.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:56 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,922,136 times
At any rate, the flu situation in Europe involves no mass immunizations, no mass hysteria and panic and they are seeing far fewer deaths from it.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:09 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,149,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
At any rate, the flu situation in Europe involves no mass immunizations, no mass hysteria and panic and they are seeing far fewer deaths from it.
Because the flu in Europe isn't as virulent...

I think people seem to assume getting the flu shot means you are absolutely protected, which isn't the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies