Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 04:36 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The word "militant" was the first word that came to my mind when I thought about their behaviour and they goals.

Militant = "Combative and aggressive in support of a political or social cause"
Are you serious?

Fine. You want to call those women militant, go right ahead. Tell me, are gay marriage opponents and prolifers also "militant" in your book?

Old 01-17-2013, 04:37 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
You asking me why you are offended? People, yes "religious" people like you, were offended by the teachings of Jesus Christ to a point where they murdered Him. Don't ask me, ask the devil, it's him doing it to you, not me.
Wow. How do you expect to have any meaningful dialogue with others when you say such vile things???

Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Well, all they can do is give them a nasty review and slash their reputation the best they can. However, as we have seen with Chik Fil A, the majority of people won't care and will continue their business.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
You asking me why you are offended? People, yes "religious" people like you, were offended by the teachings of Jesus Christ to a point where they murdered Him. Don't ask me, ask the devil, it's him doing it to you, not me.
Aww, cute. An anti-semite. Keep reflecting that love of Christ on the world, Finn. You're doing an excellent job.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:15 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Oh, Oh. Now it's the Jews. "The devil made me do it!!!.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:

This was the sort of blind religious zealotry behind the Inquistition. Disturbing.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:22 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Wow. How do you expect to have any meaningful dialogue with others when you say such vile things???
He doesn't see them as vile. That's what's truly disturbing.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:27 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
If he think homosexuality is so sinful and wrong and immoral, then why did he take their dirty lesbian money?
Well what if he didn't? Oh yes .. the headlines would read ... "Restaurant Owner Refuses Service To Lesbian Couple AND Issues them a Rude Offensive Letter".

The truth is, it must have been an otherwise quiet day on the war front between liberal extremists and religion, as this thread title is just another of the daily examples of divisive maneuvering and baiting that makes up half this board activity. Sensationalizing an event that is about as news worthy and relevant as someone in America getting a flat tire just shows how easy it is to stir the pot and get people all riled up.

Frankly, the action of the restaurant owner is just another demonstration of cluelessness that is inescapable these days, which manifests in all sorts of crazy ideas, questionable actions, and whacky behaviors. I encounter the terminally brain dead on an almost daily basis, and I'm glad I possess the shot glass amount of tolerance needed to ignore it, else life would become overwhelmingly annoying indeed.

Although this is presented as some major vile act of hostility toward the poor, oppressed and persecuted homosexuals ... as usual, it is much ado about nothing. A rather innocuous act of unsolicited and unwanted advice that should simply be ignored. "Accosted" in the parking lot ... hahahaha ... read: the person walked up and handed them a note.

Perhaps the greatest irony here is illustrated by the self righteous indignation demonstrated by the very extremist liberal types who find nothing wrong when they are the ones trying to dictate to everyone else how they should conduct their lives, with the only real difference being that they clamor for laws to make their opinions mandatory.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:31 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
The word "militant" was the first word that came to my mind when I thought about their behaviour and they goals.

Militant = "Combative and aggressive in support of a political or social cause"
I'm happy to be called militant, in the fight for equal rights. Just like those militant women who fought for the right to vote, and those militant blacks who fought for their civil rights. Yes, I am aggressive in the fight to be treated equally by the laws of my country. You would be too, if it were you.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:35 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Well what if he didn't? Oh yes .. the headlines would read ... "Restaurant Owner Refuses Service To Lesbian Couple AND Issues them a Rude Offensive Letter".

The truth is, it must have been an otherwise quiet day on the war front between liberal extremists and religion, as this thread title is just another of the daily examples of divisive maneuvering and baiting that makes up half this board activity. Sensationalizing an event that is about as news worthy and relevant as someone in America getting a flat tire just shows how easy it is to stir the pot and get people all riled up.

Frankly, the action of the restaurant owner is just another demonstration of cluelessness that is inescapable these days, which manifests in all sorts of crazy ideas, questionable actions, and whacky behaviors. I encounter the terminally brain dead on an almost daily basis, and I'm glad I possess the shot glass amount of tolerance needed to ignore it, else life would become overwhelmingly annoying indeed.

Although this is presented as some major vile act of hostility toward the poor, oppressed and persecuted homosexuals ... as usual, it is much ado about nothing. A rather innocuous act of unsolicited and unwanted advice that should simply be ignored. "Accosted" in the parking lot ... hahahaha ... read: the person walked up and handed them a note.

Perhaps the greatest irony here is illustrated by the self righteous indignation demonstrated by the very extremist liberal types who find nothing wrong when they are the ones trying to dictate to everyone else how they should conduct their lives, with the only real difference being that they clamor for laws to make their opinions mandatory.
I have never clamored for laws to make my opinions mandatory. However the right have instituted laws to deny my basic civil rights. If that isn't making their opinion mandatory what is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies