Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,829,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
disagree - he could have saved himself the trouble of writing the note - he felt compelled to save them from hell. Look - I think this is all BS, but I am just looking at it from his perspective
He was only doing what he felt he was called to do, but some people are so easily offended that you can't say anything without offending them. But who knows, maybe one day these ladies will remember his words and seek God.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-12-2013 at 08:22 PM..

Old 01-12-2013, 08:16 PM

18,477 posts, read 19,125,278 times
Quote:
disagree - he could have saved himself the trouble of writing the note - he felt compelled to save them from hell. Look - I think this is all BS, but I am just looking at it from his perspective
it was still a rude thing to do. if he was so offended he should of showed them the door instead of taking their money. their life is not their business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He was only doing what he felt he was called to do, but some people are so easily offended that you can't say anything to them without offending them. But who knows, maybe one day in the future these ladies will remember his words and seek God.

so anyone who feels 'called" to tell a stranger they need god is just doing what's right? how would you feel if someone came up to you and told you they didn't like your lifestyle, think you would accept it because they were "called" to it. yes in a word what he did was offensive.

on another note these ladies could already know the word of god.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:21 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,570,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it was still a rude thing to do. if he was so offended he should of showed them the door instead of taking their money. their life is not their business.

so anyone who feels 'called" to tell a stranger they need god is just doing what's right? how would you feel if someone came up to you and told you they didn't like your lifestyle, think you would accept it because they were "called" to it. yes in a word what he did was offensive.

on another note these ladies could already know the word of god.
Let me explain in a way you can understand. Let's say that the guy had reason to believe there was a bomb planted in their car outside - maybe he saw someone messing around with their car, and he thought maybe they planted a car bomb or something. Nutty, maybe, but he believes that to be the case so he warns them - he may be totally wrong, but that's what he believes so he warns them - what is wrong with that? They are fully within their rights to tell him he's full of it, and ignore him.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Let me explain in a way you can understand. Let's say that the guy had reason to believe there was a bomb planted in their car outside - maybe he saw someone messing around with their car, and he thought maybe they planted a car bomb or something. Nutty, maybe, but he believes that to be the case so he warns them - he may be totally wrong, but that's what he believes so he warns them - what is wrong with that? They are fully within their rights to tell him his full of it, and ignore him.

talk about a stretch he didn't think there was a bomb that would detonate and they would die. he was disgusted by their life style because his religion says it is bad and he felt he should put his big fat nose in their personal business and tell them they were living their life wrong. that in just about everyone's book besides the religious bigots is RUDE

Old 01-12-2013, 08:25 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,427,337 times
Quote:
Sounds like his intention was to help these spiritually lost people.
Sounds like he is the one who is 'spiritually lost'. And a little mentally unstable.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,162,353 times
I wonder what he did to their food.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
so anyone who feels 'called" to tell a stranger they need god is just doing what's right?
You are free to say that in your opinon it is not right, but it does not change the fact that the guy was only trying to help them.

Quote:
how would you feel if someone came up to you and told you they didn't like your lifestyle, think you would accept it because they were "called" to it. yes in a word what he did was offensive.
It would not offend me, especially when it is clear the intent is to help me. If a muslim told me that Christians go to hell, why should that offend me, since he is only telling me what he truly believes.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,570,957 times
Quote:
talk about a stretch he didn't think there was a bomb that would detonate and they would die. he was disgusted by their life style because his religion says it is bad and he felt he should put his big fat nose in their personal business and tell them they were living their life wrong. that in just about everyone's book besides the religious bigots is RUDE
I thought I could make you understand how christians think - they love others and want to save them - just as if there were a car bomb planted in their car, but you just don't seem to be able to comprehend. Again, I am no longer a Christian, and I think he's full of crap just like you do - but you are bashing this guy whereas, in his mind, he may have been trying to help/save them. I dunno - maybe he was just being a jerk, but to make this conclusion on your part, without knowing this guys heart/mind, is rather presumptuous, to say the least.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
I wonder what he did to their food.
He probably blessed it with a prayer.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
You are free to say that in your opinon it is not right, but it does not change the fact that the guy was only trying to help them.

It would not offend me, especially when it is clear the intent is to help me.
just because he was only trying to help them doesn't make it right or less rude. he is as bigoted as a person who would tell an interracial couple their life together was wrong and they should seek out god's word. people like this man is what gives Christians a bad name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies