Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 05:02 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,369,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Technically, God led to his crucifixion, seeing as that was part of his plan the entire time. Had Jesus not be crucified, nobody could be saved.

Always ironic how people blame Jews for killing their savior, when without him being killed, he wouldn't be the savior.
Yes, this. It amazes me the amount of people who still want to blame Jews for Jesus's crucifixion yet actively ignore Jesus's own lamentation "Father, why have you forsaken me?" (sounds like he is blaming God to me). Also, I wonder if FJ knows his Bible as much as he believes he does. The Romans put Jesus on that cross inscribed with "INRI" not the Jews. Scholars believe the lions share of blame falls on the Romans. The common punishment for proclaiming to be king was crucifixion and Pontius Pilate, the Roman governor, gave the order to have Jesus crucified.

I shouldn't have to give Sunday school lessons to someone who is using a book to actively denigrate others. Seriously, if you are going to use the Bible as a weapon of hate, you should know what it says.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:08 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,238,790 times
I don't blame the business owner. Having regular customers offended by openly homosexual behavior is bad for business.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:45 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,251,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I don't blame the business owner. Having regular customers offended by openly homosexual behavior is bad for business.
"openly homosexual behavior" Holding hands? I have walked through the mall holding hands with my sister. Is that openly homosexual behavior? This is bull crap. They weren't having sex on the table, weren't making out at the table, they were holding hands.

Looking at his reviews from before this incident, which were mediocre at best, I think he is trying for the chik fil a effect.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:52 AM

15,885 posts, read 21,499,526 times
Quote:
I think militantly believing in a false messiah, as he does, and spreading the hatred of that belief to his paying patrons would be worse for business. You CHOOSE to believe, and you CHOOSE how to present your beliefs - but you do not CHOOSE to be a homosexual. Looks like the restaurant owner is wrong on two counts.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,765,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, this. It amazes me the amount of people who still want to blame Jews for Jesus's crucifixion yet actively ignore Jesus's own lamentation "Father, why have you forsaken me?" (sounds like he is blaming God to me). Also, I wonder if FJ knows his Bible as much as he believes he does. The Romans put Jesus on that cross inscribed with "INRI" not the Jews. Scholars believe the lions share of blame falls on the Romans. The common punishment for proclaiming to be king was crucifixion and Pontius Pilate, the Roman governor, gave the order to have Jesus crucified.

I shouldn't have to give Sunday school lessons to someone who is using a book to actively denigrate others. Seriously, if you are going to use the Bible as a weapon of hate, you should know what it says.
Correct, you should not give lessons on topics you do not understand. You will only end up embarrassing yourself.

If the Jewish elite, and the Romans stood trial today, both would be found guilty. The Jews conspired to murder Jesus, they arrested Him, framed Him for crimes He did not commit, misrepresented the facts to Romans in order to persuade them to kill Him. Even after all this, the Romans were not convinced. Read what happened after the Jews had presented the "evidence" against Jesus:

With this he (Pilate) went out again to the Jews gathered there and said “I find no basis for a charge against him. But it is your custom for me to release to you one prisoner at the time of the Passover. Do you want me to release ‘the king of the Jews’?”

They shouted back, “No, not him! Give us Barabbas!”

Old 01-18-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I think militantly believing in a false messiah, as he does, and spreading the hatred of that belief to his paying patrons would be worse for business. You CHOOSE to believe, and you CHOOSE how to present your beliefs - but you do not CHOOSE to be a homosexual. Looks like the restaurant owner is wrong on two counts.
Can you choose to believe 2+2=5.

No, you cannot choose to believe it. Either you believe it, or you don't. Same with faith.

Acting upon sexual desires is a choise though.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-18-2013 at 07:24 AM..

Old 01-18-2013, 07:06 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,369,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Correct, you should not give lessons on topics you do not understand. You will only end up embarrassing yourself.

If the Jewish elite, and the Romans stood trial today, both would be found guilty. The Jews conspired to murder Jesus, they arrested Him, framed Him for crimes He did not commit, misrepresented the facts to Romans in order to persuade them to kill Him. Even after all this, the Romans were not convinced. Read what happened after the Jews had presented the "evidence" against Jesus:

With this he (Pilate) went out again to the Jews gathered there and said “I find no basis for a charge against him. But it is your custom for me to release to you one prisoner at the time of the Passover. Do you want me to release ‘the king of the Jews’?”

They shouted back, “No, not him! Give us Barabbas!”
I understand exactly what I said and the topic at hand. I've read about the crucifixion at length and I am telling you, in plain English, you are wrong. Scholars who've spent decades researching Jesus and his death agree that the Romans were more at fault than the Jews because the Romans had the final say and power to put Jesus to death.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:20 AM

15,885 posts, read 21,499,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can you choose to believe 2+2=5.

No, you do not choose to believe it. Either you believe it, or you don't. Same with faith.

Acting upon sexual desires is a choise though.
Christianity is 2+2=5. Homosexuality is not. Why do you have so much evil in your heart, Finn Jarber? It is just out of love that we are shunning this business owner.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:26 AM

538 posts, read 1,014,445 times
Quote:

I agree. If I was a business owner I wouldn't mind serving homosexuals. But I wouldn't tolerate public affection at all.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I understand exactly what I said and the topic at hand. I've read about the crucifixion at length and I am telling you, in plain English, you are wrong. Scholars who've spent decades researching Jesus and his death agree that the Romans were more at fault than the Jews because the Romans had the final say and power to put Jesus to death.
You can believe whatever you want, and you you can read opinon pieces as opposed to the Bible, but what I posted to you earlier clearly proves you wrong.

To me it makes absolutely 100% no difference who is "more guilty". It is not about blaming anyone. The story is what it is, and both parties are guilty (yes, conspiracy to commit murder is a serious crime), and if you want to think Jews played no part in it, then so be it. It seems dishonest to me, but if that version makes you happy, then you can stick to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.