Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 09:32 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I was a sex worker for several years and I enjoyed it immensely. It felt completely natural to me.
Really? What exactly did you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 12:31 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,484 times
Almost all (good looking) women have sex for money to an extent. Prostitution is just being honest about it.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:13 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Almost all (good looking) women have sex for money to an extent. Prostitution is just being honest about it.
Just because you pay for it doesn't mean everyone does.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
That is the same in many, many other jobs/arrangements

eg: models, singers, receptionists, air hostesses, girlfriends, secretaries, sports players.

why should prostitution get any special treatment?
Pimps and sex slavery -- and the other kind of slavery are actually natural -- look at the history of mankind, slavery existed for much longer than it hasn't existed.

Murder for hire is also a natural kind of crime -- so should it be legal? And killing of sex workers is also quite natural -- because nothing can make having sex with strangers safe. Should prostitutes be given more protection than secretaries? Or if legalized, should it just be anything goes? Since a pimp often must rape and beat his stable of women to control them, that would be a natural aspect of prostitution, same for the johns deciding to make things rough if that's the way they lean.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:53 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Pimps and sex slavery -- and the other kind of slavery are actually natural -- look at the history of mankind, slavery existed for much longer than it hasn't existed.

Murder for hire is also a natural kind of crime -- so should it be legal? And killing of sex workers is also quite natural -- because nothing can make having sex with strangers safe. Should prostitutes be given more protection than secretaries? Or if legalized, should it just be anything goes? Since a pimp often must rape and beat his stable of women to control them, that would be a natural aspect of prostitution, same for the johns deciding to make things rough if that's the way they lean.
All these things occur basically through a black market. By legalizing prostition we would have the magic hand of free enterprise at work. At leat that is what a true conservative would argue.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:15 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
All these things occur basically through a black market. By legalizing prostition we would have the magic hand of free enterprise at work. At least that is what a true conservative would argue.
No, a true anarcho-capitalist would argue that. A true conservative would most likely be a Christian nut that would tell you that you are going to hell for having sex out of wedlock.

And i agree, it would be free enterprise at work....But it wouldn't be long before government intervention in that industry...because we all know, every business needs government intervention....even the ones who don't need it.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:03 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
I know that I've had sex with women that I never spent a dime on. Most often in college where sex was as free as can be.

While I can't speak for women, I honestly think that most women are not in it for the money.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:33 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I think prostitution destroys a person (I call that the soul). It's debasing. Why would we want to make one person debasing another legal? What benefit do we get here?.
Freedom.

Freedom to decide what is right for me rather than government bureaucrats deciding what is right for me.

Just because some or even most people believe something is wrong doesn't mean we need government to outlaw it.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I rather my daughter clean toilets than become a prostitute. In fact, her becoming a prostitute would break my heart and I'd have to cut ties with her. I also wouldn't want her to clean toilets and I'd push her to marry a husband who could provide for her, or I'd have her move in with me until she can find a job or husband that pays well.
I don't want my daughter to be a prostitute either. But I do want that to be her decision rather than some idiot in government making that decision for her.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
They also are not seen as having the same virtues as non prostitutes so they are targeted for rape. Raping a prostitute just isn't as bad as raping a librarian. Why should it be? It's just taking what she sells on a regular basis without paying. .
You have a sick mind. Raping a woman is the same regardless of her profession.

There is no connection between prostitution and rape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies