Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
and people wonder why the government is buying up lots of ammo.

imagine if the government checks were to stop for ANY reason.

is it any wonder that the government has boxed itself into a corner? they depend on private sector revenue to fund all those entitlement programs-and the entitlement programs are growing by leaps and bounds because the REAL jobs are disappearing, with an employment population ratio of only 55% in this country. (that is working age people working)-then they declare the private sector the "enemy" and go after what is left of it through both taxation and regulation, stifling ANY chance at growth or employment recovery.

tell me that is going to work, especially with an aging population and government pension demands.

i think we know why gun control is such a hot topic in america right now.
Right on.

I don't have a gun to protect myself from the government. I am not that naive. I could have an arsenal and I wouldn't have enough gun power to protect myself from an out of control government. Just ask the Davidians how that worked out for them. (By the way, our illustrious government killed more kids that day than the Newtown shooter managed to kill.)

I want the right to own enough firepower to protect myself, my family, and my property from those who may think they have the right, or hell, just the power in numbers, to take it away from me or harm my family or me.

There is a growing segment in this country who believes they have a right to what my husband and I have worked for all our lives. When the food supply is interrupted in this country, and people are hungry, I expect they will probably look at my house and think, "I bet there's food in there." Well, there will be - but it's for MY family.

Just a few weeks ago, we had a series of vehicle breakins in our neighborhood. I have a security camera so I checked the video, even though my vehicle was not broken into. Lo and behold, guess what I saw! I saw a man in a hoodie walk up to my garage door at 3 am, open the keypad, and try to enter my garage. When he couldn't do so, he walked around the side of the house peering into the darkened windows. WHAT WOULD MAKE THIS MAN THINK HE HAD THE RIGHT TO ENTER MY HOME? But I assure you, he would have justified it - if he'd survived the gunshot wounds.

Lucky for him, he decided to go hit an easier target.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I can't speak for everyone, but most people I talk to realize that there are more white people on food stamps than there are minorities on food stamps.
Sheer numbers-wise, yes. In proportionate to their percentage of the population, no. The only people who would not understand that are those who fail to understand grade school math.

White people are grossly UNDER-represented on food stamp rolls.
Blacks much more so than Hispanics are OVER-represented.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:55 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I do not know why I am answering this but I will I think there is a perceived observation that there is a bunch of white hillbillies living in Taylor. When people think hillbillies they either think Kentucky or West Virginia. Here in Ohio there is a town called Barberton but is nicked named Barbetucky.
There was actually a reason for it. Back when the auto industry was booming alot of southerners headed to metro detroit and any area that had factory jobs. Back then they didnt care if you could read much just work. So lots of familes moved. They settled in communties with lots of homes near the factories. They brought that back home culture with them. Thats why you have taylortucky... Burtontucky, etc...

Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
[quote=Mr.XXX;27755696]Because when I go grocery shopping...I still see these people using EBT card loading their store carriages with the best cuts of meats...and I'm not exaggerating...i'm located in Massachusetts so it may be different where your located...[/quote]

You have 2 entire pages ranting about EBT.

This is not a useful way to discuss issues. Its also against TOS.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,841,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Because when I go grocery shopping...I still see these people using EBT card loading their store carriages with the best cuts of meats...and I'm not exaggerating...i'm located in Massachusetts so it may be different where your located...
wasn't there a whole thread on this subject a while back?

and so what, if the card user blows the lot on steak and caviar then he can't eat for the next week or so - by this method he will learn to budget better

Old 01-14-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
White people are grossly UNDER-represented on food stamp rolls.
Blacks much more so than Hispanics are OVER-represented.
that is a good reason why immigration should be restricted then.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:38 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea, too bad people don't look at the so called small business people making $200k (you know the people who Obama calls millionaires and billionaires) and say "if not for the grace of God, there go I" but instead they just attack these hard working Americans and jump on Obama's "tax the rich" bandwagon.

You have done plenty of judging and attacking so don't act like you are innocent.
You mean those small business people who think that a suitable company car is a Cadillac Escalade that they write off 100% on their taxes? Or plane tickets to Vegas that are 100% deductible because they claim some kind of business need?

I work for wages. The Government knows my income down to the last penny, there are no loopholes for me except for my little mortgage interest (that the Repukes would love to take away)

Small business people are the biggest rip off artists in this country. Poor people collecting welfare don't hold a candle to what private business people steal from this country.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 PM

poor people are easier to bash though, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies