Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 07:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Maybe you did, but i didn't. I have 1 son and i know it.... he has 1 son and he knows it.

I had nothing to do with this crack w h o r e and her 3 baby daddies.. other than pay taxes to promote welfare. Kill of welfare and we will see how fast she gets a job. if she doesn't she will starve and i am fine with that.

This is a woman I would bet money voted for Obama. A woman like this should have no vote period.

Are you a racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
I'm done for now.

I am going to eat some really inexpensive produce (probably from Mexico) - some spaghetti squash with vegetarian tomato sauce on it (I figured out that the cost for this entree was about .40 per serving). I'll also have a slice of whole wheat toast with cheese on it. Yum - so nutritious - and so inexpensive. Oh, and I'll have a glass of iced tea rather than a soda. That's also inexpensive. I'll finish with a clementine. The entire meal will cost me under $1.50. If I had a family of four, that would be $6 - about what one fast food meal, for one person, would cost.

Then I'm going to do something that many people in the world would consider a luxury - I'm going to watch TV. Did I mention that when I was so poor that I was on food stamps, that I didn't have cable TV either? I mean, I didn't have cable for probably 6 or 7 years - maybe even longer. I only had a TV at all because I bought one for about $10 at a garage sale. I did have a fine set of "rabbit ears" though - and could get two or three channels!

Nope, we didn't have cable TV - but my kids had nutritious meals and lived in a clean house.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm done for now.

I am going to eat some really inexpensive produce (probably from Mexico) - some spaghetti squash with vegetarian tomato sauce on it (I figured out that the cost for this entree was about .40 per serving). I'll also have a slice of whole wheat toast with cheese on it. Yum - so nutritious - and so inexpensive. Oh, and I'll have a glass of iced tea rather than a soda. That's also inexpensive. I'll finish with a clementine. The entire meal will cost me under $1.50. If I had a family of four, that would be $6 - about what one fast food meal, for one person, would cost.

Then I'm going to do something that many people in the world would consider a luxury - I'm going to watch TV. Did I mention that when I was so poor that I was on food stamps, that I didn't have cable TV either? I mean, I didn't have cable for probably 6 or 7 years - maybe even longer. I only had a TV at all because I bought one for about $10 at a garage sale. I did have a fine set of "rabbit ears" though - and could get two or three channels!

Nope, we didn't have cable TV - but my kids had nutritious meals and lived in a clean house.
Ahhh, and you never did give us those numbers of people you knew who cheated the system when you were poor and living with poverty stricken folks. What was so hard about that? How many people did you know who cheated and abused the system?

No, you'd rather talk about TV and how bad you had it without any cable TV.

If you would cough up those numbers, you would have much more credibility.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:03 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,026,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Hmmm, so you're really concerned about healthy choices but you have no concern in re what kinds of pesticides Mexico may use or the safety of the water it uses?

At any rate, that is not the norm for avocados throughout the country. It's a bad example of "cheap" healthy choices.
Why do you acuse our southern nieghbors of using pesticides and unsafe water? what exactly is your problem with Mexicans ? you dont like them

Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
People move in heards. You promote an entitlement mentality and people will behave in that manner.
It is truly ironic that the same people who wish to destroy the programs for the poor and desperate are shocked when the poor and desperate act out that desperation because the programs are inadequate for the need.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Why do you acuse our southern nieghbors of using pesticides and unsafe water? what exactly is your problem with Mexicans ? you dont like them
Actually I like Mexicans just fine. Why in the world wouldn't I?

Old 01-13-2013, 08:11 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,026,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It is truly ironic that the same people who wish to destroy the programs for the poor and desperate are shocked when the poor and desperate act out that desperation because the programs are inadequate for the need.
You mean they are looking for jobs!!!! now that is desperate good for them

Old 01-13-2013, 08:36 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,726,226 times
Quote:
Bottom line, I don't want to make food choices for people using food stamps. I'm not into that level of control. There are far, far too many people in this country who have nothing better to do than to complain about what poor people eat. "Poor people" don't need me to judge and criticize them too.
When they are able to work and refuse to and then get all fat plus live off my money then we have a right to say what should be allowed. Only healthy foods, no junk food and certainly no steaks. If you want that kind of thing then get a job. Didn't the Chinese live on rice? Maybe then they would do anything to get a job so they can eat the good stuff. Now there is an idea (again, obamaphone lady types is who I am talking about.

Quote:
Poor people" don't need me to judge and criticize them too.
Well poor people had no problem voting for the man they believed would take from hard working Americans didn't they. they jumped right on that tax the rich bandwagon too. So Yes, when they got their hand in my pocket I will criticize them but they deserve no better than to be criticized and judged for who they are.

Now they are complaining because they are not living the life of luxury. Welfare is supposed to be for survival only. it is not supposed to be for hanging out at the bar, paying for hookers or lap dances either.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:46 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,750,733 times
It kind of reminds me of Black Friday. You have people wait outside all night for the sale and then, right before the doors open, you cancel it and shut the lights off...

Total Mayhem occurs.....

Old 01-13-2013, 08:48 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,726,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
it is truly ironic that the same people who wish to destroy the programs for the poor and desperate are shocked when the poor and desperate act out that desperation because the programs are inadequate for the need.
get... A .... Job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies