Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM

1 posts, read 599 times

Advertisements

Whenever we travel whether local or international, your suggested contents of medical kit is the same type of contents that I bring with me whenever we have to go elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 08:37 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aja425 View Post
Whenever we travel whether local or international, your suggested contents of medical kit is the same type of contents that I bring with me whenever we have to go elsewhere.
Ummm...OK. Not the subject being discussed...but OK.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Today on the train I met another American that came to the country I'm currently in in order to get a MRI and work done on his knee. Said it would have cost him over $30k back home which would have bankrupted him but over here he can get high quality care from Western trained doctors and get the same procedure done for $3k. I thought through US had good hc? Are Americans really too stupid to see how awful our ridiculously absurd for profit health care system US that is overrun with profit motivated insurance companies and tons of health care admins that make 6 figure salaries?
Really?
The whole thing would have cost me less than $3K here.
He's being ripped off in your country!!!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 10:27 AM

106 posts, read 159,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
put the can of Milwaukee's Best down..
What is the point of that kind of comment? It renders anything else you have to say irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM

106 posts, read 159,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The Indian people I have met are some of the most caring and hospitable people in the world.
That has been my experience as well.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:29 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Really?
The whole thing would have cost me less than $3K here.
He's being ripped off in your country!!!!!!!!
Where in the USA can you get an MRI and knee surgery done for $3K?

Old 01-15-2013, 10:51 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Where in the USA can you get an MRI and knee surgery done for $3K?
I have awesome insurance.
My out of pocket would be next to nothing.

But I was mostly teasing the op.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West2South View Post
Garbage? This is how you address the thoughts of others?

You are not citing any comprehensive data, just disjointed factoids for which you provide no substantiation.

Private medical care in Thailand is actually medical care for profit. Thailand health care incorporates both private and public sectors. Public sector care does not cover life saving procedures such as kidney transplants, due to the high cost.

When you get into analyzing the cost of medical care there are many aspects to consider. The cost of a one-off surgery through a private provider doesn't really tell us much. Comprehensive economic comparisons show us that "free medical care" isn't free at all.

Here is an interesting discussion in an ex-pat forum, in which the quality, cost, and availability of health care in Thailand is discussed, along with personal anecdotes. Lots of interesting information there which aids us in making accurate evaluations:

"That was at Bankok Hospital Pattaya Branch. My drug charge for that one prescription was about 240 $. Outside it was 24 $. That's not just 'more expensive' that's gouging. They told me my stay would be about 28,000. There were no complications. The bill was 80,000. I got in their faces for about 2 hours and they brought it down to 55,000."
Medical care in Thailand

As to the humanitarian aspect of overseas health care providers:

"many of these high-end hospitals are in countries where citizens struggle to get basic care."

Read more: Affordable Health Care in Thailand and Costa Rica : The New Yorker

Well, I call garbage where I see it.

Where did I say anything about the citizens?
I said it's cheaper and better than in the US for me to get health care.
All citizens in Thailand have medical care.

The US can't even say that.
I can show you photos... and the no. 1 reason for bankruptcy in the US is health care costs.

You're not refuting what I said at all, you've simply gone off on a tangent.
Nice try.

From your article: For Americans, the attraction is obvious: medical care is a lot cheaper abroad.

If you buy something in a hospital, it will be expensive.
Are you saying that it only happens in Thailand? How much is an aspirin in a hospital in a US hospital? A box of kleenex?

So tell me, how are you refuting what I said?

Last edited by chielgirl; 01-23-2013 at 11:05 PM..

Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The Insurance Companies are laughing all the way to the bank at Obamacare. Think of it - millions of low risk in health American's are being FORCED to buy medical insurance. All subsidized by the American taxpayer.
We pay for uncovered people already.
The no. 1 reason for bankruptcy in the US is health care costs.

Ignore the facts all you like and work to live in third world conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I met a guy from your country who had come here because all his teeth had fallen out due to lack of proper dental care.
I could show you the same in the US.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
A lot of Americans are upset with people like you who offshore jobs.
Since I don't live in the US, why would I fly there for health care.
Yes, I know that you care about me offshoring jobs while I'm on long holidays, but not Romney.
Hypocrisy much.

I get to choose where I PAY for health care.
Just like you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies