Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The point is that when a person is checking out, and when the groceries are bagged, the buggy is pushed forward towards the end of the transaction, one can very easily see the final steps of the transaction, including the card used the total sale. Those who disgree just don't live in reality.
can and should are two different things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 08:37 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Sure it is. It's an opinion of how his tax dollars are being spent.
You may not agree with him but you should defend his right to say it.

I don't like how my tax dollars are spent in some instances and I voice my opinion.
There's a lot of greed, corruption and fraud in government programs and not enough investigative reporting on uncovering it and holding it up to the public to get government to fix it.
True it is his opinion and I do respect just like my opinion for him is to mind his own business and stop worrying over what other people are doing especially if A) he never asked the person what all the food is for considering it could be for a church outing,group home, Family gathering, or some other such occasion heck it could've also been for a wedding the lady was catering for family.

I don't like how my tax dollars get spent as well but you know what ? You vote the people in who follow close to your belief system and you know what else ? Romney lost it is now January you've had time to mourn get over it already. I voted for the green party and they lost but you know what ? I'm over it because at the end of the day it's over and I'm still alive and that is all that matters.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The point is that when a person is checking out, and when the groceries are bagged, the buggy is pushed forward towards the end of the transaction, one can very easily see the final steps of the transaction, including the card used the total sale. Those who disgree just don't live in reality.
Do you get pains in your neck from twisting your head around so you can see what other people are paying for their food?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
True it is his opinion and I do respect just like my opinion for him is to mind his own business and stop worrying over what other people are doing especially if A) he never asked the person what all the food is for considering it could be for a church outing,group home, Family gathering, or some other such occasion heck it could've also been for a wedding the lady was catering for family.

I don't like how my tax dollars get spent as well but you know what ? You vote the people in who follow close to your belief system and you know what else ? Romney lost it is now January you've had time to mourn get over it already. I voted for the green party and they lost but you know what ? I'm over it because at the end of the day it's over and I'm still alive and that is all that matters.
I didn't vote for Romney. I haven't voted D or R for the last 3 Presidential elections.
Why does everyone have to be categorized to be either a D or an R ?
There are some people that are neither you know.

I voted for Clinton (both times), Carter, Bush (first time only) and that was the last time I voted for either of the two corrupt parties. I think I voted for a Dem President more times than I voted Repub. and I'm conservative (fiscal).

Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I didn't vote for Romney. I haven't voted D or R for the last 3 Presidential elections.
Why does everyone have to be categorizto be either a D or an R ?
There are some people that are neither you know.

I voted for Clinton (both times), Carter, Bush (first time only) and that was the last time I voted for either of the two corrupt parties. I think I voted for a Dem President more times than I voted Repub. and I'm conservative (fiscal).
You still lost. Your candidate did not win. You are the most zealous anti-food stamp person I've ever run across. What makes you such a strong advocate AGAINST food stamps?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
So is this the thread where Mr. XXX finally jumped the shark completely?
Yes. lol

Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You still lost. Your candidate did not win. You are the most zealous anti-food stamp person I've ever run across. What makes you such a strong advocate AGAINST food stamps?
I engage in micro-sympathy. Not macro-sympathy. I'll let you chew on that for a while to see if you can figure it out.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,640 times
It's pretty easy to see who is on the dole by reading this thread! ROFL!!!

Yes! you should be ashamed if you are stealing
from America.

If you are abusing food stamps you are nothing but a thief!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Do you get pains in your neck from twisting your head around so you can see what other people are paying for their food?
When standing in line, watching people unload a huge shopping cart, I sometimes pass the boredom by trying to figure out what meals they plan to fix. Some folks just buy frozen or prepared foods, which takes all the fun out of guessing. Some people just seem to buy snacks, drinks, beer and never prepare a real meal. <shrug>

Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,595 times
Quote:
So is this the thread where Mr. XXX finally jumped the shark completely?
Oh no...the liberal Jaws got me....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies