Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 10:47 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Neither will occur by 2016, but it would be awesome to see progress by 2016.

The numbers for the GOP nationally are tragic. That is why no one who tries to counter such threads does so with any objective data points.
Then why did the dems lose the house in 2010? That's an objective statement, please explain to me how that occurs as it kinda wipes up some of the thesis here.

FWIW, Obama is a generally likeable guy and Romney is somewhat "kerry-esque". If it had been Kerry, Gore or even Hillary running instead of Obama....the race would have been drastically closer with Romeny probably beating 2 or those 3.

I think that in 2016, it's quite easy for millions of votes to swing just on the loss of charisma from the democratic side of the fence but then who knows which republican will be put forth?

The other wildcard is that you may just see more republicans run as democrats which has clearly occurred. The dems are moving to the right, no question about it....so maybe the dems just keep moving to the right and the right gets their agenda met that way.

Please don't refute this without addressing the "blue dogs" and the 2008-10 dem blue dog revolt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
I'm not sure what I "lost", maybe you can fill me in.

And if you haven't noticed, "racist" doesn't carry the same weight it used to now that it applies to basically anything a white person does/says.

I am a racist. I segregate myself and my girlfriend from "diverse" areas. I will send my children to all white (and Asian) schools. I will fight for the rights of working class whites. And I will speak the truth about African-American IQ (85 on average), African-American crime, and the sick culture that many African-Americans (and naive crackers) perpetuate.

So go ahead and label me "bigot", "racist", "intolerant", "xenophobic", or whatever else you want. I consider myself a "realist", but I will wear any of those labels proudly and without shame. That gig is about up, better find some more clever ways to "hustle" the white man.
At least you have finally admitted you are a racist. I have only this to say to you. I sincerely hope that you don't come live near me(I live around people who think like you already, and I'm trying to get away from that). I hope that you never run for political office, because I know that you would do things to Black people that would be dreadful, and as a Black man, I have my life to worry about.

And this sick culture you speak of, it only exists in a minority of African-Americans. Most African-Americans try and flee from such culture. There are African-Americans who have spoken out against it. What has happened? The very "hood rats" for whom many people speak out against don't listen and continue to act like fools.

I use the term "racist" to describe people who stereotype people, who take the bad behavior of a few in a certain ethnic group and apply it to the entire ethnic group. From what I've seen from you, the only reason you bring up such "statistics" is because you have a hatred for African-Americans. You use it as a reason to justify your prejudice.

Now answer this question. How does any of your "statistics" suppose to help me? What good does it do me?You can blurt this statistics out all day, but you haven't presented a reason why I should accept anything that you have said. You haven't given me a reason that is pertinent to ME.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Sarcasm and hyperbole, check with Webster if those terms confound you.
Yeah, sarcasm veiled by you trying to imitate "ebonics". You were basically making the assumption that desertdetroiter talks like that. I don't see any sarcasm, rather, I see someone who is very immature.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The way I see it, you only say this stuff out of your own arrogance and hatred. I think this "apology" was more or less backhanded.
I actually inserted that quip in there because I made sweeping generalizations and was seeking to acknowledge the "exceptions" to the rule.

You must have misinterpreted it as "playahatin" or just plain "hatin". I will try to qualify each statement in detail in future posts!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I actually inserted that quip in there because I made sweeping generalizations and was seeking to acknowledge the "exceptions" to the rule.

You must have misinterpreted it as "playahatin" or just plain "hatin". I will try to qualify each statement in detail in future posts!
For me, it is a trust issue. I've seen other posts by you, so it's hard to tell.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:02 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
If the GOP wants to have a shot, it is going to have to admit that the Southern Strategy was stupid. It is going to have to purge its party of Tea Party elements, bigots,etc. It is going to have to find a way to bring in minorities to the party. Blacks used to vote for Republicans in large numbers. The Southern Strategy has basically alienated Blacks from the party. The Tea Party elements and modern day bigots who infiltrated the Republican Party alienated Hispanics and Asians as well. Even Mike Huckabee said that the GOP hasn't done much to reach out to Blacks. And like you said, it also needs to reach out to moderates and independents.

There are many Blacks who do have conservatives values. However, with the likes of Tom Tancredo, Newt Gingrich, John Hubbard, and some of the racist rhetoric found at some Tea Party rallies, this has basically alienated Blacks and other minorities who might have otherwise vote for Republicans.

I've posted this video before a few times, but I feel like this is fitting for the discussion.

Why Black Conservatives Don't Vote Republican - YouTube
Thanks. The funny thing is the GOP acts as if they were not successful in the pre wing nut days. They were, and they must find the courage to cleanse themselves of the leeches that have clung to them.

W/O the GOP, the TP, like the Peronistas, are just a passing fad, to fall like all 3rd party movements have before into the abyss.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times
Quote:
Yeah, sarcasm veiled by you trying to imitate "ebonics". You were basically making the assumption that desertdetroiter talks like that. I don't see any sarcasm, rather, I see someone who is very immature.
If you followed the dialogue, my sarcastic Ebonics was in response to DD's "You mad, bro?" quip.
Unless you believe that "you mad!" is proper English (I wouldn't be surprised), you shouldn't feel too surprised that I responded to that statement with a little hyperbolic Ebonics of my own.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Then why did the dems lose the house in 2010? That's an objective statement, please explain to me how that occurs as it kinda wipes up some of the thesis here.

I've talked about this elsewhere, and have worked in campaigns-seeing it firsthand. The House is something small groups like the TP can influence, as it usually means adding/swinging a tiny amount of votes (a few thousand here and there). They are localized elections.

That same formula fails at the Senate and POTUS level, as the cost of a few thousand here and there to appease the wing nuts is exceeded overwhelmingly by those driven away by the same message.

In short, house races are decided at the micro level, Senate and POTUS at the macro level. Thing micro vs macro economics, it is analigious.

Add in, even at that, with 7.9% unemployment, 14.7% U6, 1.5 trill deficit, the GOP lost House seats, as well as Senate seats, and the POTUS again, in 2012. By 2016, the House will also be lost again by the GOP if it fails to adapt to the changing dynamics of the nation and century we exist in.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Thanks. The funny thing is the GOP acts as if they were not successful in the pre wing nut days. They were, and they must find the courage to cleanse themselves of the leeches that have clung to them.

W/O the GOP, the TP, like the Peronistas, are just a passing fad, to fall like all 3rd party movements have before into the abyss.
No problem. The GOP did have some success in its olden days. The Republican Party of 1868 is far different from the Republican Party of 1968. And the Republican Party of 1968 is different from that of 2008.

The Tea Party has clung to the GOP, and now it needs to stop.

I've shown this video before, and for some reason, few people ever really watch it. Political analyst Kevin Phillips(the young man who worked for Richard Nixon) basically said that he saw no place for Blacks in "his Party" aka the Republican Party. He was one of the planners for the Southern Strategy.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
If you followed the dialogue, my sarcastic Ebonics was in response to DD's "You mad, bro?" quip.
Unless you believe that "you mad!" is proper English (I wouldn't be surprised), you shouldn't feel too surprised that I responded to that statement with a little hyperbolic Ebonics of my own.
I'm a bit humor-challenged, so I have a hard time picking up sarcasm. Some people have described me as someone who lacks a sense of humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies