Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 12:30 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
He's dumber than a bag full of hammers.

He's a young white guy, in a store, with a weapon. And apparently a need to draw attention to himself.

Considering how many people we have on this forum constantly telling us they are prepared to take out the "bad guy" because they carry..... he's a fool. One bad move and Billy Jack takes him down.

He may have the right to open carry but just because you can doesn't mean you should.
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to DewDropInn again."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
That is not my point. I'm not talking about the legality of either act. I'm talking about the assumption of intent.
Exactly! Someone breaks into your home you know they are up to no good. Someone carrying a gun at the mall, you have no effing idea what's in his head!

Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Still didn't answer the question: How does one distinguish between an open carry enthusiast and someone with intentions to rob or kill, IF open carry of guns slung over your should become commonplace and the public is accustomed to seeing it?

I've noticed that you are avoided other such common sense questions regarding this issue as well.

the law abiding had the AR unloaded and slung, the criminal would have been pointing the AR at someone to rob them.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:34 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the law abiding had the AR unloaded and slung, the criminal would have been pointing the AR at someone to rob them.
We can't read minds until sh1*t hits the fan. That's when it's too late.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:35 PM

266 posts, read 402,860 times
Quote:
YOU have X-Ray vision too? Wow, I need you two with me if I ever encounter a strange person with a gun. You will be able to tell me what he is thinking AND if his gun is loaded or not

Old 01-18-2013, 12:36 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Hell, with these powers shootings of intruders could go way down! You'd know why they were there before you'd ever have to lift a gun.

By the by...the reason you can shoot an intruder is self defense not because the gov't made you judge, jury and executioner.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:37 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Or the criminal would have played nice, walking through the store with his gun slung across his back. Then the time was right, and he turns around and shoots. Oh but his gun wasn't loaded. So we need to get up close enough to see if it's loaded or not or ask him, I suppose?

Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliza View Post
YOU have X-Ray vision too? Wow, I need you two with me if I ever encounter a strange person with a gun. You will be able to tell me what he is thinking AND if his gun is loaded or not

slung, I would not care if the rifle was loaded or not. I dont care what he is thinking. is thinking against the law now?

Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
The criminal would NOT have been pointing the AR until he/she was at a place they wanted to rob. Still, the PERFECT cover to get to the most advantageous place to use the gun for whatever bad intent one may have if people become accustomed to seeing folks in the mall and everywhere with a rifle slung over their shoulders.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Or the criminal would have played nice, walking through the store with his gun slung across his back. Then the time was right, and he turns around and shoots. Oh but his gun wasn't loaded. So we need to get up close enough to see if it's loaded or not or ask him, I suppose?

if it would have been a cop, would you have thought twice about why he was carrying a slung rifle?

what if the cop did the same thing, would that change your opinion of why cops sometimes have their rifles slung?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies