Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times

Advertisements

I guess Cindy Yorgason is anti gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 09:22 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Idiotic attention *****.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:26 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,788,452 times
Get used to it.

The man harmed nobody, threatened nobody, and was cheerful and polite to everyone he met. He had no problems, and created no problems. He is exactly the kind of guy societies should have more of.

The only person with a problem, was Cindy Yorgason.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Poor little Cindy. I hope if she ever needs help, she'll be left to her own devices People like her aren't worth saving.

If it's legal to carry it, carry it! It's no different than carrying a purse slung over your shoulder, and much more fashionable.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:33 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
I find it hilarious that these people live there and don't even know their own laws, then complain when someone is exercising their right. They should move if they don't like it. If I lived there, I'd be carrying everywhere just like this guy. More power to him. IMO open carry is better than ccw.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:36 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Good for him.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:39 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Good for him.
Absolutely!!!! +1

Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Honestly, I do believe we need more people open carrying. We have a great many responsible people concealled carrying every day. The good point is that you almost never hear about an incident with a legal CCW holder. The bad part is that few people realize just how many do carry and appreciate that they can do so safely and responsibly. Open carry serves a purpose of educating the uninformed, as well as providing a deterrant to criminals.

However, I think it's much more reasonable to do so with a properly holstered handgun, than with a rifle slung over your shoulder. Particularly an unloaded one.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
While I agree that he has the right to do what he did, civilian public displays of weaponry are not protected under the 2nd currently by SCOTUS rulings and are subject to the whims of State and Local Law.

While specific opinions on this issue have not been ruled on by SCOTUS, there are many instances of comments by SCOTUS judges regarding public displays of weaponry and the precendence in controlling or banning those open displays. In law going back many centuries there have always been regulations regarding this issue.

Personally I am against it in large urban environments becauses it create unnecessary strain on local law enforcement having to check out every call by a freaked out soccer mom. But it belongs to the local and state statutes to deal with it IMO.

Then it leads to all sorts of stupid laws to regulate it and ban it. Plus it muddles up the court processes in fighting legitimate RKBA challenges to illegal laws regarding Jursidictional abuses of the 2nd ammendment like Heller.

DAMNIT, my mind is in Utah but my heart belongs to California.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM

266 posts, read 402,965 times
I think that people who carry visible firearms are asking for trouble. I've always thought that, however I do condone concealed weapons. It sounds as though he approached it in the least-menacing way possible, casually carrying it slung across his back. That said, he is just as guilty of exploiting recent events as those who are using it to promote anti-gun laws. He is doing it in response, but regardless of what someone looks like or their mannerisms, the weapon they are carrying speaks the loudest and anyone would be rightfully unnerved seeing such a sight in public, especially given past events. I think more than proving a point, this man created unnecessary tension and is lucky someone did not physically respond to his presence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies