Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times

Advertisements

OH YES. Please, lets all sport our weaponry on a Sunday afternoon at your local Penny's. Let's pretend that mass shootings are not a problem and that many people would get the wrong idea from a person bringing in a "large gun" to a public place. Yes, lets pretend that all who openly carry are just stopping in for a pair of Levi's. @@

What an idiotic and irresponsible display and abuse of rights. Dear Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 09:48 AM

Go right ahead and call me any name in the book. If I saw someone in a store with that weapon on him, I quite literally might **** myself. Knowing recent history and the fact that RESPONSIBLE gun owners wouldn't act in such an assholish fashion, I'd assume this man was there to do something other than shop.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:49 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Idiotic attention *****.

it just goes to show that if this man would have been wearing a military uniform, or has a cop uniform on that nobody would have thought twice about it. but it is all of a sudden dangerous when a private citizen does it.

how idiotic an attitude to have.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
it just goes to show that if this man would have been wearing a military uniform, or has a cop uniform on that nobody would have thought twice about it. but it is all of a sudden dangerous when a private citizen does it.

how idiotic an attitude to have.
How does what hammertime said show that?

Old 01-18-2013, 09:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
OH YES. Please, lets all sport our weaponry on a Sunday afternoon at your local Penny's. Let's pretend that mass shootings are not a problem and that many people would get the wrong idea from a person bringing in a "large gun" to a public place. Yes, lets pretend that all who openly carry are just stopping in for a pair of Levi's. @@

I'm afraid if the gun lovers keep up this idiocy - they WILL try and take their guns; instead of the modest proposal that the President has put forth with little chance of making it through Congress.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:

Abuse of rights??? It's F'ing LEGAL! Dear Lord.. Don't live in a state like that then. Pretty simple eh?

Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Go right ahead and call me any name in the book. If I saw someone in a store with that weapon on him, I quite literally might **** myself. Knowing recent history and the fact that RESPONSIBLE gun owners wouldn't act in such an assholish fashion, I'd assume this man was there to do something other than shop.
It's emotional overractions such as yours and the other side of this argument that creates hardening of your postions and never leads to anything good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Abuse of rights??? It's F'ing LEGAL! Dear Lord.. Don't live in a state like that then. Pretty simple eh?
Yes, it is an abuse of rights! Just like screaming fire in a theater is an abuse of rights. You don't do stuff like that in order to incite a reaction. Responsible, mature people don't anyway.

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm afraid if the gun lovers keep up this idiocy - they WILL try and take their guns; instead of the modest proposal that the President has put forth with little chance of making it through Congress.
What? Doing something that is perfectly legal will cause the government to take action??! You guys got your heads screwed on backwards.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
It's emotional overractions such as yours and the other side of this argument that creates hardening of your postions and never leads to anything good.
Bull****.

Any person with an iota of intelligence would know you should not go into a public place with a gun strapped over your back in light of recent tragedies. Why would you do that? It makes no sense. There is no good reason for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies