Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:15 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
San Francisco is seriously considering opening city operated safe injection sites for drug users. Since it will be an indoor facility, will they maintain their smoking ban? Just curious, because the irony would be off the charts!!!!

Oh, you want to inject some heroin? Have a seat over here. HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!? PUT THAT CIGARETTE OUT! ITS BAD FOR YOU!!!

hmmmmm ya can't smoke in SF.....ya can't execute a murderer in CA....but you CAN shoot heroin.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 06:27 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,899,456 times
I get the irony.

Welfare heroin (oh, methadone) for addicts, brought to you by the Peoples Republic of California. Fine with me, send 'em to Krazyfornia.

Actually methadone clinics are nothing new, common in Europe, which of course does nothing to combat their exploding heroin addiction problem there. A person can live as a heroin addict, it's just that you are a walking zombie for 12 hours aday and blacked out after your fix for the other 12, and your thoughts are of nothing except your next fix.

I'm waiting for the tables to turn in California in 20 years or so. At that time they will open up Cigarrette clinics to help people combat their ilicit and outlawed tobacco addiction in california, while heroin, which would have become a legal and common substance, will start to be outlawed in restaraunts. No more injecting during desert.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:27 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Then what do you people want to do with drug addicts? Sentence them to death through a lethel injection? Or send them to prison where I hear drugs are about as widespread there as they are on the streets. What a fine welfare state that would be to send drug addicts to prison.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:46 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,564,540 times
While certainly not ideal, it is better for society to have a meth addict than a meth addict with AIDS.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:00 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times
First off, from my understanding its not a new form of methadone clinic. Its a real drug shooting facility. Only thing is they provide you with everything except the drugs. You walk in with your own heroin, cocaine, or meth, they give you everything else you need to shoot up with and a room to do it in under the supervision of a nurse.

Second, I wasn't really debating whether its a good or bad idea. I was wondering if anyone else finds it ironic they will provide you with all of these things to help you continue being an illegal drug addict, but kick you out for smoking. Or will they go against their own city ordinances that ban smoking on any city owned property and allow the users to puff a stogy after a big spoonful of coke?

And will they allow a user to bring in a plastic bottle of water?

Last edited by TXboomerang; 10-30-2007 at 07:11 PM..

Old 10-30-2007, 09:58 PM

Sure, and that isn't necessairily hypocritical.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:27 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,431,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Not a real bad idea. After all, heroin addiction is not particularly harmful to the body. And at these injection sites won't they be given an artificial form of heroin? If so, it will provide the high while protecting them from the dangers of obtaining illegal, unregulated heroin from the streets that can lead to a fatal overdose.

Quote:
Not a real bad idea. After all, heroin addiction is not particularly harmful to the body
Are you crazy? I think you spent too much time at Woodstock.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:14 PM

The first time that Heroin is that bad, is usually also the last time. The San Francisco plan would also prevent overdose I imagine.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:22 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,824,752 times
I don't see the irony. A progressive would tell you that the heroin addict is only harming himself while secondhand smoke is killing everyone who breathes it. That's the way they think.

As I mentioned in a previous thread I am very much against the idea of these safe injection sites. If someone takes part in such a risk taking behavior as needle drug use they must face the consequences including disease and death. If these junkies were concerned about health and saftey they should have led a wholesome lifestyle, not stick themselves with needles.
The government should arrest these criminals, not assist them with their addiction.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:07 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times
This is just an idea by one County Sup and most people in SF including the Mayor oppose this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies