Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 12:23 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,189,880 times

Advertisements

The scientists don't need to go through all that trouble, they should just hang out here......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 12:28 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,681,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
ummmm.....Eugenics???

just a wild guess....
that's not an agenda...that's very obvious to anyone paying attention.

"genetic counselor"...aka "eugenicist"...a career for the future!

only available to those who are rich...thus, developing two types of humans, those genetically advantaged from the beginning, due to their parent's money...and those not so lucky...post humans, and humans...

All I know is I better fall on the right side, otherwise if I'm dying out...I'm not dying by myself.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:30 AM

there's a reason neanderthals died out...it'd be like breeding them back into existence just so we can enslave them...

then we'd have another revolution on our hands...

"back of the bus, neandy..."

Old 01-19-2013, 12:38 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,165,868 times
I'm don't think this is a road the scientific community should be going down.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:40 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,924,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
that's not an agenda...that's very obvious to anyone paying attention.
We can have fun with that one.....

Quote:
"genetic counselor"...aka "eugenicist"...a career for the future!

only available to those who are rich...thus, developing two types of humans, those genetically advantaged from the beginning, due to their parent's money...and those not so lucky...post humans, and humans...

All I know is I better fall on the right side, otherwise if I'm dying out...I'm not dying by myself.
Hey I don't know what to tell you?

Sorry you got beat to the punch 5,000 years ago? This is essentially nothing but a huge question beg. Maybe it makes you sleep better at night. I prefer to look at things that are much more overt and not so "macro"...Because if you wanted to keep it there... we can point fingers until time and space contract ..again.??

Or something like that.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
We can have fun with that one.....

Hey I don't know what to tell you?

Sorry you got beat to the punch 5,000 years ago? This is essentially nothing but a huge question beg. Maybe it makes you sleep better at night. I prefer to look at things that are much more overt and not so "macro"...Because if you wanted to keep it there... we can point fingers until time and space contract ..again.??

Or something like that.
That's funny...because personally I'd say the details lead to the arguments but keeping a macro pov lets you get beyond little factoids and get on to your point...

Old 01-19-2013, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
That's funny...because personally I'd say the details lead to the arguments but keeping a macro pov lets you get beyond little factoids and get on to your point...
My point would be human instinct is to serve ones best interest. That's how we got here today. If it wasn't me, it'd be you. And there is no reason to believe things would be any different had the shoe of hegemony, geopolitically or culturally, been on the other foot.

You won't see any apologies here.

Back to the point....I'm sure even thousands of years ago....anybody with an ounce of values would have looked at this and objected. And yes, would have recognized it as eugenics...rather blatant eugenics... Not some "Hey, 5000 year hindsight is 20/20" type eugenics.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:00 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,480,857 times
The Neanderthal theory of Autism, Asperger and ADHD

Neanderthal_Theory_of_Autism

Last edited by mateo45; 01-19-2013 at 03:08 AM..

Old 01-19-2013, 05:44 PM

OK???

What are you trying to say here?

Old 01-19-2013, 06:01 PM

20,132 posts, read 16,220,030 times
This is another one of those things that fits in the "simply because one can do something doesn't mean one ought to do it." If anything were going to get us smithed from God, I'd think creating new humanoids would top the list.

On the other hand, how are they planning to make it so the mother's body doesn't reject the baby as a foreign object? Just look what happens with the Rh- antigen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies