Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 09:27 PM

217 posts, read 360,921 times

Advertisements

Second Santorum! Nothing like a stump speech with a bible in one hand and an aborted fetus sloshing around in a pickle jar in the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 09:30 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Republicans need to shut up with the whining. All this talk about a "true conservative" is boring.

You guys don't want a true conservative. If you did, you'd nominate one. They're out there. Even when they're in the Republican primary, you STILL choose the mainstream pretty boy that you think can win...then you HOPE that he's conservative. That's your M.O.

How many more elections do we libs have to endure where in the aftermath of a Republican loss, we've gotta hear your normal crap about the mistake you made by not nominating a real conservative to reverse your fortunes?

Put a sock in it already. It's tired. You're not interested in a so called real conservative.
We did nominate one and he was shut out of the convention. You know what's boring? Being awake to the party scam you idiots buy into with your votes and money while the country goes down the drain. Wake up, there's no such thing as republican or democrat. We didn't lose an election, we lost a country.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:32 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

Right now, I am rooting for Rubio in 2016, though that could easily change as the next couple years go by. Never know who may rise from no where.
Rooting for Rubio...just because? The "nominating a token" approach wont work. Actual policy change and reduced radicalism are the way to go.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:37 PM

552 posts, read 738,879 times
I'm not sure if the OP is referring to not enough choices, I'm not sure if you watched the primaries. There were a lot of conservative choices and you all chose Romney, who I can guarantee would have been moderate. The only one I would have voted for would be Huntsman, but I know that's not who conservatives want, nor is Christie. There is a huge difference between what YOU want and what American Independents want. You had Ron Paul, Bachman, Newt, all of which would have been conservative.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:42 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
I absolutely dread the day a Republican is in the seat again.

I'd love to live that many decades, just to see that day. The GOP took care of it for you, making the possibility of your seeing it about the same as hitting Powerball.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:50 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Ronald Reagan is about the last POTUS we've had that was close to a conservative...
That's a joke, right? If not you obviously don't have a conception of what conservativism is.

(Reagan was, though, more conservative than either of the Bushes, but that's not saying much...)

Old 01-19-2013, 09:54 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
Another problem for the GOP: Obama has literally been taking their ideas and running on them hence the GOP have little to run on except vague "freedom", "liberty" etc chants. Look at Obamacare/RomneyCare, the Obama immigration plan (DREAM Act by Bush), the gun control bills (Reagan's assault rifle ban)...

Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
The problem is, we need to get more people in office that are not a part of the establishment. Notice how the media and liberals think the GOP need to clean out those who "arent" a part of the establishment. Why? Because they want business as usual. What's business as usual? The nonsense that got us into this mess we've been in, thats been building up for a couple decades now if not longer.

We have to get rid of the establishment. We need people in there that care more deeply about this country, its founding, and keeping it great than about themselves. Right now, its still about 90% same old same old self serving crap.

I dont want another liberal in office. I want an actual conservative. A non-establishment conservative. That is what this country needs. Ronald Reagan is about the last POTUS we've had that was close to a conservative. The Bush's werent. And we know Clinton and Obama arent.

Right now, I am rooting for Rubio in 2016, though that could easily change as the next couple years go by. Never know who may rise from no where.
*YAWN*

You said all that tripe and in the end, named another pretty boy establishment Republican that will go along to get along.

Like I said, you're not interested in a true conservative. Just more of the same. Hell, you don't even know anything about Rubio. You just think he can win. Same ol sh*t from Republicans. After he tanks in the election, (and he will), you'll all be screaming again about how he wasn't a true conservative.

Miss me with that bull.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
We did nominate one and he was shut out of the convention. You know what's boring? Being awake to the party scam you idiots buy into with your votes and money while the country goes down the drain. Wake up, there's no such thing as republican or democrat. We didn't lose an election, we lost a country.
If the party wanted him, he wouldn't have been shut out.

The Republican Party is a joke. You guys don't know what you want. You're like the typical capricious and whimsical children. No core beliefs. Just the normal gum bumping.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:24 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Stopped reading at 'tyrant'.

The man isn't a tyrant in any sense of the word whatsoever. He is the POTUS and you'd do well to remember that.

Americans and the Electoral College elected him with 270 votes. Not exactly sure how that's a tyrant.

He isn't evil and you could learn a thing or two from the man.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:58 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Stopped reading at 'tyrant'.

The man isn't a tyrant in any sense of the word whatsoever. He is the POTUS and you'd do well to remember that.

Americans and the Electoral College elected him with 270 votes. Not exactly sure how that's a tyrant.

He isn't evil and you could learn a thing or two from the man.
But, but... nick gar says Obama is out to "destroy America!!!!!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick gar View Post
Having him not do his job, destroy America, is a much better plan.

Does anyone know when Destruction Day is?!?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies