Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:14 PM

420 posts, read 335,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Logic, you say?

Tried that. Still doing it every day.
As do I. Some people don't respond to logical argument as well as others, for a plethora of reasons. In our current political climate, moderate independents like me are shaking our heads at the division we see. It looks like sport to us, not the serious business of self-governance. It looks like purely emotional mob mentality.

Quote:
Point taken though.
Yeah, it's a very basic point at that. I'm well aware of the divisive, team-oriented nature of this and other forums, and I'll continue to criticize extremism when I see it. Have you noticed that each new US president is just like Hitler? Have you noticed that each new president is stripping us of our freedoms? C'mon Sam, you have to have noticed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 08:16 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
Yeah, it's a very basic point at that. I'm well aware of the divisive, team-oriented nature of this and other forums, and I'll continue to criticize extremism when I see it. Have you noticed that each new US president is just like Hitler? Have you noticed that each new president is stripping us of our freedoms? C'mon Sam, you have to have noticed?
Yeah and I'm sick of reasoning with morons who insist that it's for our own good. This is a discussion board after all, not everything you say on here has to go directly to influencing public opinion.

As far as the team thing goes, there's nothing wrong with a "team" as long as you don't follow it blindly. Which many do, but still.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yeah and I'm sick of reasoning with morons who insist that it's for our own good. This is a discussion board after all, not everything you say on here has to go directly to influencing public opinion.

As far as the team thing goes, there's nothing wrong with a "team" as long as you don't follow it blindly. Which many do, but still.
Couldn't agree more.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:39 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
As do I. Some people don't respond to logical argument as well as others, for a plethora of reasons. In our current political climate, moderate independents like me are shaking our heads at the division we see. It looks like sport to us, not the serious business of self-governance. It looks like purely emotional mob mentality.

I read time and time again how I am a paranoid tin foil hated "gun nut" from the hardened anti gun people and they are not after our guns. Yet living breathing politicians of theirs like Cuomo and Feinstein openly call for confiscation and the only reason they haven't got it yet is because enough people resist but if they put their own judge on the court what is a individual right today under the constitution might not be tomorrow. That is not fantasy, that is fact.

I get called a uncaring inhumane selfish "gun nut" because I don't agree with their BS proposals that they say is worth it if it saves one life. I provided evidence that one of their items is taking kids lives but like Sam said they would explode and be on call to their politicians and ACLU if someone was trying to ban their 1st amendment.

Thank gawd for the 1st amendment and the internet, because it gives us the ability to challenge their lies and expose them to the on the fence person, a thing we couldn't do in 1992 because the mainstream press and hollywood had almost complete control on information being sent to people which was slanted to supporting anti gunners like Clinton back then. If the internet and modern modes of communication were around then the 1992 ban might not have been. To this day I meet people who think possession of a AR was banned in 1992 because they are clueless.

I don't support bans or restrictions on the 1st or 2nd amendment and neither any of the others. Gun violence is just a bi-product of a society that is loosing it in terms of too many not having any morals or respect for life, theirs or others. Too much gun violence is just a bi-product of prohibition the war on drugs but hardly anybody wants to discuss root causes they propose even more prohibition instead.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I read time and time again how I am a paranoid tin foil hated "gun nut" from the hardened anti gun people and they are not after our guns. Yet living breathing politicians of theirs like Cuomo and Feinstein openly call for confiscation and the only reason they haven't got it yet is because enough people resist but if they put their own judge on the court what is a individual right today under the constitution might not be tomorrow. That is not fantasy, that is fact.
The SCOTUS ruled in 2008 that the right extends to individuals. That was the first time the Court has done so. Therefore, time is on the side of gun owners. Even when the Court did not hold this view, people were still allowed to own guns. We've always owned guns. We always will.

Quote:
I get called a uncaring inhumane selfish "gun nut" because I don't agree with their BS proposals that they say is worth it if it saves one life. I provided evidence that one of their items is taking kids lives but like Sam said they would explode and be on call to their politicians and ACLU if someone was trying to ban their 1st amendment.
I know. Extremists suck. You have my sympathy, but don't let it get you down.

Quote:
Thank gawd for the 1st amendment and the internet, because it gives us the ability to challenge their lies and expose them to the on the fence person, a thing we couldn't do in 1992 because the mainstream press and hollywood had almost complete control on information being sent to people which was slanted to supporting anti gunners like Clinton back then. If the internet and modern modes of communication were around then the 1992 ban might have been.

I don't support bans or restrictions on the 1st or 2nd amendment and neither any of the others. Gun violence is just a bi-product of a society that is loosing it in terms of too many not having any morals or respect for life, theirs or others. Too much gun violence is just a bi-product of prohibition the war on drugs but hardly anybody wants to discuss root causes they propose even more prohibition instead.
I don't entirely agree, but we don't have to agree 100% on everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies