Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 08:17 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,196,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Obviously reporters made mistakes.
Yes. Obviously. They made a whole lot of mistakes which is the reason why people are questioning what really happened.
Quote:
You guys think all those reporters out there are perfect? This happened in a small town. Not a big city where you have major news outlets and the best reporters.
It doesn't matter. Misinformation was reported by all major news outlets. Lots and lots of it.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:18 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,424,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, I did read it. Thank you for posting it.

People are allowed to engage in idle chatter, are they not? It seems fair enough to discuss these issues with fellow Americans without having contacted each and every reporter that wrote on this tragedy.

If you and me and everyone else made productive steps on every topic we spoke about on CD, I daresay traffic on this site would come to a grinding halt.
Well, if the issue ever becomes more important to you than idle chatter on a message board, you know where to start your own investigation. I think people "grassroots" efforts are very productive. If anyone here gets serious about their concerns, a more productive thing to do than argue with folks on the Internet, is to contact the media directly. THEN come tell us what you found out.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,380,580 times
Quote:
Well, if the issue ever becomes more important to you than idle chatter on a message board, you know where to start your own investigation. I think people "grassroots" efforts are very productive. If anyone here gets serious about their concerns, a more productive thing to do than argue with folks on the Internet, is to contact the media directly. THEN come tell us what you found out.
I'll be sure to hold you to the same standards on every single thread to which you reply, Fancy. After all, I'm sure you must have taken concrete, productive action on every last one of the 5,082 posts you've made here since last April, right?

Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,196,022 times
Quote:
The media is aware of the inconsistencies but instead of clarifying, they hold shows (Anderson Cooper) about how crazy the conspiracy theories are for questioning what really happened.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:22 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,987,737 times
Quote:
Well, find out. Ask the journalists why there were so many conflicting reports and why no follow up? You can contact CNN and MSNBC. I have the phone number of Rachel Maddow's producer!! I contacted her show once about a story and she reported on it. It's possible. And all those people generally have email addresses where they can be reached. I think when you guys say "the media" that you're talking about ALL media, which includes local and national and cable, etc.

If you don't believe the journalists made errors, then you must have some thought about what's going on. You're an intelligent, questioning person; I'm sure must have some theories.
It's much more than the media making mistakes. The live video from the helicopter shows conflicting information from the official story as well as the police radio transmissions. The media is using photo's and video that are not even from the same day or location. The parents interviews conflicts with the official story. Nothing makes sense and no one is trying to explain or answer the questions. This is going viral on the internet and growing with millions of people not believing the official story and they want real answers.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:23 PM

88,856 posts, read 85,274,311 times
Quote:
I agree. I also remember the reports of a car bomb and a plane hitting the Washington monument.
I believe it's the competition amongst the media outlets to be first that killed the idea of verification before reporting. I have very little respect for or trust in the media overall. Hell, most newspapers don't even care if their spelling or grammar is correct anymore.

In the case of major events, I tend to wait until a good, well-researched book come out if I want to learn the details. Or maybe a good article in a reliable magazine.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:23 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,424,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Yes. Obviously. They made a whole lot of mistakes which is the reason why people are questioning what really happened. It doesn't matter. Misinformation was reported by all major news outlets. Lots and lots of it.
Then, as I've already suggested, CONTACT all the different reporters who made those reports and ask them if and when they are going to follow up. Also ask them why the contradictions. The "squeaky wheel" gets the attention. If enough people follow that route, the "media" will most likely make some kind of response. Most reporters have email addresses posted at their company's web sites or in the paper.

Of course, I have to wonder if those who have lots of questions, and believe "misinformation" was intentionally reported, then aren't you saying you think that indeed there is a conspiracy and that a big, powerful entity is behind that conspiracy, so it might be dangerous for you, individually, to ask questions? Is that the real issue here........you think it is a conspiracy so you're afraid to ask questions? So it's true that there are people posting in this thread who do think it was a "conspiracy"?

Old 01-21-2013, 08:24 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,581,290 times
Quote:
I don't understand what you are trying to say in this post.
So now you understand how the rest of us feel about this Sandy Hook conspiracy nonsense.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Then, as I've already suggested, CONTACT all the different reporters who made those reports and ask them if and when they are going to follow up. Also ask them why the contradictions. The "squeaky wheel" gets the attention. If enough people follow that route, the "media" will most likely make some kind of response. Most reporters have email addresses posted at their company's web sites or in the paper.

Of course, I have to wonder if those who have lots of questions, and believe "misinformation" was intentionally reporter, then aren't you saying you think that indeed there is a conspiracy and that a big, powerful entity is behind that conspiracy, so it might be dangerous for you, individually, to ask questions? Is that the real issue here........you think it is a conspiracy so you're afraid to ask questions?
Nah.

The "issue" is that sometimes people engage in small talk without action. I'm sure YOU never do, but us fallible humans down here do.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So now you understand how the rest of us feel about this Sandy Hook conspiracy nonsense.
Gee. Thanks, um, for the clarification?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies