Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 09:01 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,066,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
No, it isn't even remotely true.

The medical examiner elected to have the bodies identified by photos so the parents wouldn't be further traumatized at that time.

But once a body is released to a family for burial or other disposition, they have 100% choice as to whether or not the wish to view it. And Noah Pozner's mother did. And she kept the casket opened and asked the Governor to see it, too, which he also did.

Any claim to the contrary is a lie.
I thought so. there can't be any closure without the body. Even a mangled body is identifiable to a loved one.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:01 PM

88,669 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
The fact that this is going viral by millions of people (and growing) is the right action. People are discovering new information everyday that further shows the official story is false. The mainstream media is responding with a campaign to demonize the people asking questions and labeling them conspiracy theorist. This is a defensive move and a tactic used in the past in an attempt to silence the public but this time it is not working. The authorities have just recently released additional information (Chris Manfredonia) that show they are responding to the people although that story is also full of holes. I think the people will hit critical mass at some point and force a true investigation.

I don't know what happened at Sandy Hook but I do know the official story by police does not add up and the people are not going to back down until they know the truth.
First, what do you consider an "official story"? Is there such a thing? Who gets to issue an "official story"?

Secondly, if you really think there's some sort of "campaign" to demonize people asking questions, you are paranoid. Really? You think that some disparate group of people termed "the media" get together in a secret room somewhere and make a plan to silence people who are merely asking questions? Exactly how does this campaign work? It must be organized somehow.

It's not people asking questions who are being called conspiracy theorists. It's people who are denying that children died, denying that parents suffered the loss of small children...all because they want to get other people to believe that there's this giant evil plot to take away people's guns and that a fake story about murdered children was invented to pull this off. Those people are conspiracy theorists, and they are cold-hearted and crazy besides.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
The fact that this is going viral by millions of people (and growing) is the right action. People are discovering new information everyday that further shows the official story is false. The mainstream media is responding with a campaign to demonize the people asking questions and labeling them conspiracy theorist. This is a defensive move and a tactic used in the past in an attempt to silence the public but this time it is not working. The authorities have just recently released additional information (Chris Manfredonia) that show they are responding to the people although that story is also full of holes. I think the people will hit critical mass at some point and force a true investigation.

I don't know what happened at Sandy Hook but I do know the official story by police does not add up and the people are not going to back down until they know the truth.
Fortunately people don't believe everything they read on the Internet.

I saw that Anderson Cooper video. When ONE person on TV does something, that is NOT a "movement" by "the media." Then you say all this media attention has resulted in more information released, and immediately after that you say the new information is "full of holes." You're never going to be satisfied because a dramatic conspiracy is much more interesting that the ragged truth which is not all tied up in a nice, neat bow for you.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:13 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,055,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
What editor would publish pictures of "bloody children climbing out of windows"?
Errrrrr, haven't you seen those photos from Columbine? I guess plenty of editors thought it was OK to publish those pictures.

That being said, I never REQUESTED such photos re Sandy Hook. I am just a bit floored that there aren't more photos IN GENERAL from that day - in this age when everyone has a video recorder at hand on their cell phone, and so many people are eager for their fifteen minutes of fame. Or rather, fifteen seconds of sound byte.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,307,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Fortunately people don't believe everything they read on the Internet.

I saw that Anderson Cooper video. When ONE person on TV does something, that is NOT a "movement" by "the media." Then you say all this media attention has resulted in more information released, and immediately after that you say the new information is "full of holes." You're never going to be satisfied because a dramatic conspiracy is much more interesting that the ragged truth which is not all tied up in a nice, neat bow for you.
What did you think about Anderson Cooper's behavior on that video? You say you saw it but don't say anything about what it looked like to you.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives and gun nuts are disgusting are you attempting to imply that the shootings didnt occur?

conservatives by the day sink further into fantasy and conspiracy theories to explain the world.
Who's being paranoid now? I haven't accused anyone of anything.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I think this (link) is certainly a very reasonable explanation for why the media has not released a lot of photos, one with which I agree. These were tiny little children. NO ONE wants to see those kinds of photos.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/27875653-post107.html
I don't think anyone is demanding photos of the bodies of little children - I certainly am not. There is a marked lack of video or photos of the events of that day, however, which are usually pretty copious in such a crowd situation.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:22 PM

88,669 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Errrrrr, haven't you seen those photos from Columbine? I guess plenty of editors thought it was OK to publish those pictures.

That being said, I never REQUESTED such photos re Sandy Hook. I am just a bit floored that there aren't more photos IN GENERAL from that day - in this age when everyone has a video recorder at hand on their cell phone, and so many people are eager for their fifteen minutes of fame. Or rather, fifteen seconds of sound byte.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Who's being paranoid now? I haven't accused anyone of anything.
I think that, first of all, most of the people who were at the school during the critical moments were the first responders and then the parents, none of whom were going to be thinking about snapping pictures. Most other people would have been at work during this time and hearing about it on the news when it was pretty much done, not on site with their cell phones.

The other thing is, while you might not be a conspiracy theorist, surely when you started this thread you were well aware that there are people out there who claim that no children died, that everyone you saw on TV was an actor, and that the whole thing was a hoax by the government toward the aim of taking away everyone's guns.

When you start asking the very same questions that CT people use to bolster their CT, don't you think people are going to assume you are one of them? Perhaps a disclaimer saying "I'm not one of the people who thinks Sandy Hook was a hoax" could have gone a long way toward your not feeling indignant about being so accused. Just sayin'.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,978,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I don't believe you for a moment.
I don't believe you either. I also don't believe Veronique Pozner. Did you know she is being investigated for fraud? Did you know there are family pictures of her available with her three children and Noah is not one of them?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Seriously?

Do you or do you not believe that 20 children and 6 adults were killed in this incident?
Do you or do you not believe that Adam Lanza killed them?

What do you think more pictures will tell you?

Here's the thing about this sort of supposition: people only see what they want to see.
The OP and others have an agenda. They have already decided there is a cover-up and no matter how much evidence to the contrary, if it doesn't fit their preconceived notions, it won't make the least bit of difference.
The only thing the OP wants proof of is that Adam Lanza didn't carry an AR-15 into that school.
All the rest is window dressing.
I want some of whatever it is you're smoking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies