Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:04 PM

3,537 posts, read 3,740,227 times

Advertisements

Only an idiot nation would intentionally send the bearers of their future children to the front lines to prove a sick and twisted social experiment that serves to do nothing for anyone. The feminists have and will continue their divide and conquer mentality, and parlay it onto the military. You can already see it. I have read where they were calling for separate units for females to be run by females due to some rapes that occurred. Congratulations feminists, your daughters will now, hopefully, according to your sick minds, have equal access to the selective service and the extreme dangers of war. Bunch of nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 04:14 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,382,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetlord View Post
You can already see it. I have read where they were calling for separate units for females to be run by females due to some rapes that occurred.
Where did you read this?

Old 01-23-2013, 04:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,080,649 times
Quote:
Congratulations feminists, your daughters will now, hopefully, according to your sick minds, have equal access to the selective service and the extreme dangers of war. Bunch of nonsense.
Where the frack have you been for the last 10 years? Hiding behind Phyllis Schlafly's apron?

Women flew as Apache gunship pilots.

Women fly frontline fighter aircraft.

Women drove in frequently ambushed truck convoys.

Women served as translators and interrogators on Army and Marine Patrols.

Women served as MP.

In Iraq, and Afghanistan there were no "frontlines" combat was anywhere and everywhere.

All the administration has done is recognized the bleeding obvious, women already serve in combat but don't get the credit (see promotion track) that goes along with serving in combat units.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:17 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,074,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Would women soldiers be more likely to be captured than shot by the enemy?
It is going to get REAL ugly REAL quick. Wait till women start coming back in pieces.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:17 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,554,931 times
Default Women in combat/infantry, this is a terrible idea

I heard on the news Panetta will authorize women to serve in combat, anyway in positions they have previously not been allowed. Of course this is a terrible idea which will further destroy our military. You can't make this stuff up.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:18 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,449,473 times
You make such a compelling argument for why this is a bad idea... I'm seriously rethinking my position.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:19 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,382,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
It is going to get REAL ugly REAL quick. Wait till women start coming back in pieces.
Already happened.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Where did you read this?
It was in the paper awhile back. I'm paraphrasing so don't quote me. But there were rumblings of something to that affect where the feminists were up in arms about a bunch of rapes that occurred and the article called for more female leadership.

It's somewhat off-topic to the OP but it causes nothing but problems.

Quote:
“But there are still women in the military who are going through this and who can’t speak up,” she said, her voice cracking. “And it’s really, really, really lonely. I just want them to know that they’re not alone, and we’re fighting for them.”
Service Members Sue Defense Secretary Over Alleged Military Rapes - The Daily Beast

I'm tired of this type of stuff. It's almost comical. Women have no place in intentional, active combat roles.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Where the frack have you been for the last 10 years? Hiding behind Phyllis Schlafly's apron?

Women flew as Apache gunship pilots.

Women fly frontline fighter aircraft.

Women drove in frequently ambushed truck convoys.

Women served as translators and interrogators on Army and Marine Patrols.

Women served as MP.

In Iraq, and Afghanistan there were no "frontlines" combat was anywhere and everywhere.

All the administration has done is recognized the bleeding obvious, women already serve in combat but don't get the credit (see promotion track) that goes along with serving in combat units.
Actually, the real question is where in the world are all the men? What are they doing these days letting this go on? I have no problem with tactical use or as medical ops, but not for strict combat services.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:24 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,043,748 times
Quote:
Only an idiot nation would intentionally send the bearers of their future children to the front lines to prove a sick and twisted social experiment that serves to do nothing for anyone. The feminists have and will continue their divide and conquer mentality, and parlay it onto the military. You can already see it. I have read where they were calling for separate units for females to be run by females due to some rapes that occurred. Congratulations feminists, your daughters will now, hopefully, according to your sick minds, have equal access to the selective service and the extreme dangers of war. Bunch of nonsense.
Being a woman isnt the same anymore in this country. For better, and for worse. More worse than better. Men have always been pigs, more so than women. Not all of course. Not saying its right. But now, women are just as much pigs as men. The sad thing is, they seem to be proud of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies