Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 01:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
We're white, we wouldn't understand this sort of thing.
You've got the wrong person. You'll never need to paraphrase anything I say. If I meant that, I'd say that.

I didn't say anything about comprehension...you white folks understand QUITE WELL what's going on. But blowing off the Rooney Rule as unnecessary shows a shocking amount of ambivalence at best. The rule didn't just come into being because blacks were getting lots of opportunities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 01:28 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You've got the wrong person. You'll never need to paraphrase anything I say. If I meant that, I'd say that.

I didn't say anything about comprehension...you white folks understand QUITE WELL what's going on. But blowing off the Rooney Rule as unnecessary shows a shocking amount of ambivalence at best. The rule didn't just come into being because blacks were getting lots of opportunities.
I could paraphrase a lot of what you say, but I would rather not sound like a dumbass.

"Rooney Rule, Rooney Rule!!!"

Old 01-24-2013, 01:45 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
Quote:
We're white, we wouldn't understand this sort of thing.
Well, judging from your posts, you definitely don't understand.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
You sound like you're riding the same bus as the Sandy Hook Truthers.

Just because you're black, doesn't make your racial conspiracy any less absurd.
What's absurd is your leaps in logic and lack of connection to reality.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Lets have real fair diversity in sports like the NFL then, where 70% of the players are white, 13% black, 12% Hispanic, 5% Asian etc...
That would be one boring and unwatchable league.......so that is why the demographics aren't like that in the NFL.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What's absurd is your leaps in logic and lack of connection to reality.
Odd, that's exactly the point I was making about you.

what's more out-of-touch and irrational than thinking billionaire NFL franchise owners' hires are racially motivated? LOL. That's like stock brokers picking stocks based upon the ethnic makeup of the stock's board of directors. LOL!!!!

Ok, Lucario. Take off the tin foil hat, buddy.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That would be one boring and unwatchable league.......so that is why the demographics aren't like that in the NFL.
I think it's boring watching a bunch of black guys throwing a leather ball through a hoop.

Wait, that's racist, isn't it?

Old 01-24-2013, 01:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I think the Rooney Rule does a great disservice to potential black coaching candidates. How sad is that and a waste of time, not to mention degrading to the black person who knows he isn't going to get the job, but is only there because the team is required to interview a minority candidate? It should be that the best candidate should get the job, regardless of skin color.
I agree. the Rooney rule is a joke. Hey we interviewed a black guy so now we can go hire who we want. That is what happens when politics in injected into the situation though.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:57 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I agree. the Rooney rule is a joke. Hey we interviewed a black guy so now we can go hire who we want. That is what happens when politics in injected into the situation though.

That's what I'm saying. It's a huge disservice, and waste of that person's time.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
I could paraphrase a lot of what you say, but I would rather not sound like a dumbass.

"Rooney Rule, Rooney Rule!!!"
Well if that's the case, why do you continuously override your own desires?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies