Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I have no problem with his statement. If they're an ally, then he's absolutely right.
No matter the circumstances of the attack?

Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,573,960 times
First, Rand Paul is a non-player. He is good for the 6 o'clock news for a few sound bytes but he has no chance at anything beyond the senate.

Second, Israel is all about Israel. They know they are alone. They know not to ever trust the USA for their security nor should the US trust them for a moment.

Third, there is one race. The human race. There are only 3 subparts to the human race: Caucasian, Asian, Negroid. There are endless mixtures of those 3. The Jews are not a race but perhaps an ethnic group linked to an ancient religion which many, perhaps most Jews, do not acknowledge or practice. You can be anti-semitic, but that is not racism by definition.

We have come to a place where to even disagree with someone from another ethnic group is to be accused of some sort of racism or hatred. The noise in our society is from extremists of all stripes. I think the vast majority of all groups simply want to be left alone, to prosper, to enjoy a little bit of life while the extremists make it their mission to keep the noise level "extremely" high.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:09 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1946 View Post
First, Rand Paul is a non-player. He is good for the 6 o'clock news for a few sound bytes but he has no chance at anything beyond the senate.
I think he scares you.
Why else would you already be attacking him or trying to define his scope and influence?

Old 01-25-2013, 10:11 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,757,106 times
Well at least I can feel right not supporting this neo con pos....I hope 1 of his fathers other sons runs for office to carry on his legacy....Rand obviously wants power and fame and that means not standing by his principles or beliefs...oh well..

Old 01-25-2013, 10:16 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Your biblical nonsense is irrelevant - your term "Jew lover" smacks of racism.
Jews are not a race. It smacks of anti-Semitism.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:19 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,757,106 times
Actually they are a race. Jews Are a 'Race,' Genes Reveal

Old 01-25-2013, 10:35 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Rand joined a different Republican party than his father.

You're not winning elective office in too many places as a republican anymore without declaring a slavish devotion to Israel.
Nor any office as a Democrat, even Cynthia McKinney was ran out of a safe seat because she ran afoul of Israel.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
I still don't quite understand why what he said is somehow wrong. Israel is an official ally. Isn't this our policy with all allies?
LOL. Egypt, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yeman, Libya are also allies. Get the picture or do I need to name a few more? What you are saying is that a threat or act of war on them by another country will be down the rath of the US on that threat/act of war? And if the US was threatened, do you think those countries will be suiting up to go to war for/with the US? LOL I. Don't. Think. So.

What were once close allies of the US have been pulling away for sometime.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:40 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
I still don't quite understand why what he said is somehow wrong. Israel is an official ally. Isn't this our policy with all allies?
Yes but we don't even say these things about NATO allies. I've never heard any politician say an attack on Britain is an attack on the USA. Heck we have treaty obligations to defend Taiwan and lately politicians have backed away from that somewhat.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:47 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Jews are not a race. It smacks of anti-Semitism.
Are you really this ignorant?
Judaism is a religion of which members are often called Jews.
Jews are also a distinct ethnic group.
And the term Jewish is often used to describe a cultural identity that includes non-ethnic Jews.

Jewish culture, religion and ethnicity are closely intertwined but they are separate and distinct entities.

So do you also think the holocaust was a hoax?
Do you believe the location of Israel was originally the country of Palestine?
Do you like the taste of shoe leather?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies