Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 09:06 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,063,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
So some marriages fail. So what? You want an AWARD or something? There are lots of very happily married people out there. Yours was one of the marriages that FAILED. Want me to repeat that? YOURS was one of the marriages that FAILED. Yours wasn't one of the successful marriages. Again, so what? You want your bust on Mt. Rushmore for that? Big hairy deal. Get over yourself already. Find a reason to live or something, for Pete's sake. The whining is really aggravating.
Nothing more aggravating than one shaming a human being. And correction, most of the happily married people who represent 50% are from the older generations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,880,325 times
Quote:
Again, males who speak out against women and against feminism are a sad, sad lot. They are men who feel they are less than other men, who feel that perhaps they lack things other men have, and who envy men that women are attracted to. They have no self-confidence/self-esteem.

These are men who more than likely are failures, and watching other men succeed fills them with a rage they can't bear. Instead of taking it out on men, they take out on women because they wouldn't be able to take it out on successful men. They'd look like the total wimps they are. However, their real problem is with other men, as the source of their discontent is with other men, as they are left behind in the sidelines as men with true self-confidence succeed in life and have good relationships with women. These are men no woman would want.
You assume a lot, and know very little.

When you say speak out against, I wonder what that means.
I speak out for men's rights and believe misandry is on the rise in this country again, in large part due to feminism. I believe this has stronger repercussions against young men and boys than it does mature men. I also believe this has negative repercussions on women and girls - emasculated weak men do no one and society itself little good.

I have strong independent daughters I am very proud of and who are proud of their father. They also have a good relationship with their mother in large part due to my influence despite the differences me and their mother have. We are a tight family despite the intrusions and scrutiny a single father will find himself subjected to. I have been bent but not broken and my faith has truly been tested, yet I am proud of the path I've walked, sacrifices I have made (and still make) as well as the hurdles I have overcome.

I believe a lesser man would have broke,
I wonder how you would have held up.

There is a poem by Rudyard Kipling called IF - you might read it some time.

I absolutely respect strong, independent women who respect themselves.
I have about as much time or patience for weak, greedy or grasping women who have no respect for themselves as I do for weak, greedy or grasping men who have no respect for themselves.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:27 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,063,970 times
A lot of them like to make assumptions on a normal man's personal life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post

I speak out for men's rights and believe misandry is on the rise in this country again, in large part due to feminism. I believe this has stronger repercussions against young men and boys than it does mature men. I also believe this has negative repercussions on women and girls - emasculated weak men do no one and society itself little good.

I have strong independent daughters I am very proud of and who are proud of their father. They also have a good relationship with their mother in large part due to my influence despite the differences me and their mother have. We are a tight family despite the intrusions and scrutiny a single father will find himself subjected to. I have been bent but not broken and my faith has truly been tested, yet I am proud of the path I've walked, sacrifices I have made (and still make) as well as the hurdles I have overcome.

I have about as much time or patience for weak, greedy or grasping women who have no respect for themselves as I do for weak, greedy or grasping men who have no respect for themselves.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Nothing more aggravating than one shaming a human being. And correction, most of the happily married people who represent 50% are from the older generations.
YOU are doing all the shaming! EVERY SINGLE time anyone responds to one of your whining posts - you answer with 'typical shaming language'.

Puhleeze.

Sorry you're not happily married. We all have our issues, ya know? Some of us can overcome.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:35 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,761,487 times
Quote:
Same can be said for misandrists.
IMO misandry spread throughout the 70's and 80's, with women of that generation. it seems to have hit a plateau.

Quote:
Again, males who speak out against women and against feminism are a sad, sad lot.
"Women and feminism."

I think conflation of these two groups is an extreme (and wrong) position. My experience is that many feminist ideas are misandrist, and many women disagree with them.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,341,992 times
Quote:
Are you truly dense?

The legal changes in our system represent the hard work, dedication and persistence of those in our society who would use feminism (For the safety of women and children) to cripple our society.
You may call me dense, but I call you paranoid. Do you sport a tinfoil hat?

Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,741,013 times
Quote:
Sorry. I don't admire whiners in either gender.

Last edited by Saritaschihuahua; 01-28-2013 at 09:17 AM..

Old 01-28-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:

You'd better get your act together really quick if you're going to be a role model for your daughters. Whining about women is NOT the way to give them the self-confidence children need.

I understand broken relationships are not fun. I had one of those failed marriages. I married very young. My husband was 9 years older, and as I "grew up" from the young 18 that I was, he couldn't bear the fact that my opinions differed from his, and they differed in many different areas, politically, socially, and even about our relationship and how our dynamics should be. It created a huge wedge between us. He wanted me to regress to 18. No one can regress, and no one should regress, so HE chose divorce. I was heartbroken, wept a lot, couldn't believe it, but I got over it because ONE HAS TO GET OVER FAILURES. Am I carrying a grudge through life? Am I whining to every person in life? Am I hating the male gender for it? H*ll NO! Why should I? Mine was one of those broken marriages. SO WHAT? I have friends who are VERY happily married. SO WHAT?

Look, nobody ever said life was easy. IT ISN'T EASY. Get on with it. LIVE! Stop residing in the past and move on. I really don't understand people who fail and then need to blame the world. The world was not the cause for your failed marriage or mine, so stop pretending it is and man up.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:13 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,761,487 times
Quote:
Am I carrying a grudge through life? Am I whining to every person in life? Am I hating the male gender for it? H*ll NO! Why should I?
Your comments suggest otherwise. You look very angry and spiteful to me.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Your comments suggest otherwise. You look very angry and spiteful to me.
Au contraire. I just can't stand whiners of either gender. I think people need to put on their pants, buckle their belts, and move on. Unless someone is old, a child, disabled mentally or physically, poor, or going through a lot of s***, I have little patience with whiners. Don't expect me to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies