Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 08:21 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
What do court-ordered settlements in individual cases of divorce have to do with feminism exactly?
Are you truly dense?

The legal changes in our system represent the hard work, dedication and persistence of those in our society who would use feminism (For the safety of women and children) to cripple our society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 08:39 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
If women are independent and don't rely on men, then why do so many continue to seek permanent alimony with the help of big daddy government in an event of a divorce?

A lot of them are moving up in society because they're receiving monthly alimony checks and living in the man's house, the house that he bought.
Because in most cases where this applies the wife, the non working spouse, was a big part of the reason that the husband, the breadwinner, was able to get his education and work his way up the corporate ladder while having a family at the same time. It's not hard to figure out.

In my experience most men who whine about "lifetime alimony, etc" either don't know what they are talking about and just like blathering on about things they think are true, or they made some poor choices in life and are mad that it cost them something.

No fault/fault, both genders would win/loose. It really doesn't matter.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:48 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Because in most cases where this applies the wife, the non working spouse, was a big part of the reason that the husband, the breadwinner, was able to get his education and work his way up the corporate ladder while having a family at the same time. It's not hard to figure out.

In my experience most men who whine about "lifetime alimony, etc" either don't know what they are talking about and just like blathering on about things they think are true, or they made some poor choices in life and are mad that it cost them something.

No fault/fault, both genders would win/loose. It really doesn't matter.
Then the wife should get a job then and quit depending on the man. And a lot of humans do know what they're talking about. The truth hurts, I know.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:53 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Are you truly dense?

The legal changes in our system represent the hard work, dedication and persistence of those in our society who would use feminism (For the safety of women and children) to cripple our society.
Again, males who speak out against women and against feminism are a sad, sad lot. They are men who feel they are less than other men, who feel that perhaps they lack things other men have, and who envy men that women are attracted to. They have no self-confidence/self-esteem.

These are men who more than likely are failures, and watching other men succeed fills them with a rage they can't bear. Instead of taking it out on men, they take out on women because they wouldn't be able to take it out on successful men. They'd look like the total wimps they are. However, their real problem is with other men, as the source of their discontent is with other men, as they are left behind in the sidelines as men with true self-confidence succeed in life and have good relationships with women. These are men no woman would want.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:58 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

That's a nice myth propagated by feminist proponents but for the last 40 years (or 2 generations) I think you will see a much different reality if you check college enrollment and graduation records.

I put my own college on hold to help out at home and with the kids for my ex to go to college. I did this because even though I didn't have my degree my career was established and a degree would not have made much of a difference. Once she got in college she decided she didn't need me anymore and filed for divorce. She has her masters now and after paying legal fees, child support (even though I have custody of two of our four children), maintenance and the other peripheral costs I am just now getting back to my degree plan.

I don't say this to beat my chest about what a great guy I am - I say this because I believe my story is common. I have met many men who are single fathers, partial custody father or fighting for the right to see/be with their children. Children are often used as leverage in divorce by the mother - watch that scene from the Jim Carey movie Liar Liar where this is so aptly illustrated (I didn't laugh because I was shocked at how true the message was). Charges of domestic violence also play a role as leverage to coerce men into concessions.

This system is out of whack and yes, I lay this squarely at the door of runaway feminism which is not concerned with children's well-being or equal rights.

The story you describe just ain't so Mrs. Cleaver.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
lets be fair. there are some fantastic women in the bible already.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Then the wife should get a job then and quit depending on the man. And a lot of humans do know what they're talking about. The truth hurts, I know.
That would be between the husband and wife, wouldn't it? A lot of couples feel one parent staying at home to raise the children is the best scenario which means one of the parents would get the experience of working while the other had none. Regardless of which parent it is, when one sacrifices their career to stay at home and raise the children, they will be left at a HUGE disadvantage if they divorce.

Interestingly, of the three cases I have first hand knowledge of regarding alimony, in two of those cases it was the women paying the men. You do know it works both ways, right? If a man doesn't want to pay alimony, he should choose not to have children and choose a career oriented woman. Seems fairly straighte forward to me.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:01 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Again, males who speak out against women and against feminism are a sad, sad lot. They are men who feel they are less than other men, who feel that perhaps they lack things other men have, and who envy men that women are attracted to. They have no self-confidence/self-esteem.

These are men who more than likely are failures, and watching other men succeed fills them with a rage they can't bear. Instead of taking it out on men, they take out on women because they wouldn't be able to take it out on successful men. They'd look like the total wimps they are. However, their real problem is with other men, as the source of their discontent is with other men, as they are left behind in the sidelines as men with true self-confidence succeed in life and have good relationships with women. These are men no woman would want.
That's nothing but typical shaming language. I could get a woman if I wanted one. It's not about the failures of getting in a relationship, it's that most can't be trusted.

A women looking to big daddy/hubby government every time a problem occurs, that's not the type any human being wants.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
That's a nice myth propagated by feminist proponents but for the last 40 years (or 2 generations) I think you will see a much different reality if you check college enrollment and graduation records.

I put my own college on hold to help out at home and with the kids for my ex to go to college. I did this because even though I didn't have my degree my career was established and a degree would not have made much of a difference. Once she got in college she decided she didn't need me anymore and filed for divorce. She has her masters now and after paying legal fees, child support (even though I have custody of two of our four children), maintenance and the other peripheral costs I am just now getting back to my degree plan.

I don't say this to beat my chest about what a great guy I am - I say this because I believe my story is common. I have met many men who are single fathers, partial custody father or fighting for the right to see/be with their children. Children are often used as leverage in divorce by the mother - watch that scene from the Jim Carey movie Liar Liar where this is so aptly illustrated (I didn't laugh because I was shocked at how true the message was). Charges of domestic violence also play a role as leverage to coerce men into concessions.

This system is out of whack and yes, I lay this squarely at the door of runaway feminism which is not concerned with children's well-being or equal rights.

The story you describe just ain't so Mrs. Cleaver.
So some marriages fail. So what? You want an AWARD or something? There are lots of very happily married people out there. Yours was one of the marriages that FAILED. Want me to repeat that? YOURS was one of the marriages that FAILED. Yours wasn't one of the successful marriages. Again, so what? You want your bust on Mt. Rushmore for that? Big hairy deal. Get over yourself already. Find a reason to live or something, for Pete's sake. The whining is really aggravating.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
A women looking to big daddy/hubby government every time a problem occurs, that's not the type any human being wants.
What are you talking about?

And hey, sorry, I don't like whiners whether they're male or female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies