Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,861,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
Why is it abortion is the law of the land because the Supreme Court ruled it so.

And this is not?

In 2008 and 2010, the Supreme Court issued two landmark decisions officially establishing this interpretation. In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the

Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia

and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home within many longstanding prohibitions and restrictions on firearms possession listed by the Court as being consistent with the Second Amendment.In McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025 (2010), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment limits state and local governments to the same extent that it limits the federal government.
Anyone? Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 01:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
So we agree that the militia needs armament! There ya go!

So, are you in a militia?

Yes, as a USA citizen, I am automatically in the militia. It is my choice to fight or not. It is not by force and it can be at a minutes notice.

Remember the Minute Men? There is your militia.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:32 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
I do not believe "state governed" is included in the 2nd Amendments description of militia.
And as I said before we are all members of our state militia.
Perhaps you would care to stop beating your dead horse militia argument, since no one except you is buying it, and address a far more basic right being that you’re right to self-protection.
You seem to want to skirt the issue that your inalienable right to life includes the right to protect yourself.
Perhaps you would like to enlighten us on your opinion of inalienable rights.
That's because you have no clue what YOUR COUNTRY means by "MILITIA." I provided the definition a while ago:

From The Articles of Conferation, 1776, Article VI:

Only the central government is allowed to conduct foreign political or commercial relations and to declare war. No state or official may accept foreign gifts or titles, and granting any title of nobility is forbidden to all. States are restrained from forming sub-national groups. No state may tax or interfere with treaty stipulation already proposed. No state may engage in war, without permission of Congress, unless invaded or that is imminent on the frontier; no state may maintain a peace-time standing army or navy, unless infested by pirates, but every State is required to keep ready, a well-regulated (meaning well trained), disciplined, and equipped militia, with sufficient public stores of a due number of field pieces, tents, a proper quantity of arms, ammunition and camp equipage.

AND the Militia Act of 1792

Militia Acts of 1792 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AND the Militia Act of 1903

Militia Act of 1903 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you'd stop to do a little learning, you might know a thing or two about your country. Learning is not your enemy. You should try it, really.

And again, the SECOND AMENDMENT is about MILITIAS.

A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, BEING NECESSARY TO THE SECURITY OF A FREE STATE, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:33 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/28/op...nted=all&_r=1&

Old 01-28-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
That's because you have no clue what YOUR COUNTRY means by "MILITIA." I provided the definition a while ago:

From The Articles of Conferation, 1776, Article VI:

[LEFT]Only the central government is allowed to conduct foreign political or commercial relations and to declare war. No state or official may accept foreign gifts or titles, and granting any title of nobility is forbidden to all. States are restrained from forming sub-national groups. No state may tax or interfere with treaty stipulations [/LEFT]already proposed[LEFT]. No state may engage in war, without permission of Congress, unless invaded or that is imminent on the frontier; no state may maintain a peace-time standing army or navy, unless infested by pirates, but every State is required to keep ready, a well-regulated (meaning well trained), disciplined, and equipped militia, with sufficient public stores of a due number of field pieces, tents, a proper quantity of arms, ammunition and camp equipage.
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]AND the Militia Act of 1792[/LEFT]

Militia Acts of 1792 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AND the Militia Act of 1903

Militia Act of 1903 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you'd stop to do a little learning, you might know a thing or two about your country. Learning is not your enemy. You should try it, really.

And again, the SECOND AMENDMENT is about MILITIAS.

A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, BEING NECESSARY TO THE SECURITY OF A FREE STATE, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
+ George's Rule

Last edited by hogfamily; 01-28-2013 at 01:44 PM..

Old 01-28-2013, 01:38 PM

If the government turns arms upon me, I would be stupid if I didn't have the same might that is pointed my direction.

A stupid as this my sound to some, that have not thought this out, but I can clearly see why Iran wants a Nuke.
We have threatened Iran and they have threatened us back. We hold all the power because we have a bigger gun than they do.

We don't threaten North Korea, like we do Iran. We don't threaten the USSR or China. How about Pakistan or India?

Iran doesn't have a gun and we walk all over them, because we are so afraid they will use it. Maybe someone should have sat down and had a good long talk, well before the shaw of Iran that we placed in charge, was over thrown.

When they get a nuke, all the talk that should have happened long ago, will be tried, but it may be too late.

Same thing with guns. You cannot control someone that has the same firepower as you.

Makes you wonder if this is really about justice, or just more control.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:43 PM

Militia members were to arm themselves!
To ensure that the President could not, at any time, mobilize state military forces into the federal armed forces.

The National Guard Militia can only be required by the National Government for limited purposes specified in the Constitution (to uphold the Constitution of the Union; to suppress insurrection and repel invasion). These are the only purposes for which the General Government can call upon the National Guard. Attorney General Wickersham advised President Taft, “the Organized Militia (the National Guard) can not be employed for offensive warfare outside the limits of the United States.”

There it is in a nutshell from your own wiki link

Old 01-28-2013, 01:45 PM

George's Rule - YouTube

Old 01-28-2013, 01:47 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If the government turns arms upon me, I would be stupid if I didn't have the same might that is pointed my direction.
Well, you don't and cannot have "the same might," so if you want to blame that on your own stupidity that's fine. The rest of us simply blame it on reality.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:50 PM

Many southern governors, chief among them George Wallace, attempted to use National Guard forces to block civil rights and desegregation initiatives. In these cases, whenever a governor called up the National Guard for use in blocking federal directives, the President promptly mobilized the Guard into the Army Reserve, placing the Guard commanders under federal authority, and subject to court martial should they not carry out executive directives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies