Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,736,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
How about this? If you're going to give government the power to demand a pregnant woman incubate a fetus into full child-hood, then the government is obligated to pay child support for however long that child needs it until its 18th birthday.

Sounds fair to me.
Woman should be held accountable for their actions. If they choose to not take preventative actions, the gov't should not bare the responsibilities for that inaction. Thus the gov't shouldn't have to pay for the abortion nor taking care of the the child.

An abortion should be limited to one of the following circumstances:

The woman is younger than eighteen.
The pregnancy was conceived under illegal circumstances (rape, statutory rape, an incestuous relationship).
Continued pregnancy may put the woman's life in risk, or damage her physically or mentally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 06:17 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Let's face it, it's far easier to live on the minimum wage as a single person than have multiple people live on one persons minimum wage.

...Until supposedly government assistance, where some argue that it's easier, and it's the reason certain people obtain more children to live under their house hold.

But said children take away one other valuable resource from the people that obtained the children: time.

Thus, the people in question will have difficulty professionally progressing than say a person who can not only work full time but attend school, training, or perhaps over time as well.

It is important to note that many welfare recipients are recipients due to children.

The problem with these recipients is that you cannot get rid of the children through any moral means.

If you take away the welfare, kids aren't getting fed.

If you have welfare the government isn't getting fed.

Either way in a poor economy it is far more likely that the children of poor stay poor.
Write a letter to their parents.

Ask them why they chose to have children when they have limited earning abilities.

While you're at it, write one to obama.....ask him why, after 4 years, there is so much more poverty.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Yeah - the Nazis had this same ideology. You do realize that this is so unconstitutional it's ridiculous, right? You can't force people to use birth control and you can't sterilize them. Good grief.
Is it Constitutional to confiscate the incomes of hard working people to pay for all this? No. How can we force people to financially support these people cranking out babies they cannot/will not work to support themselves? Yet we cannot ask any responsibility of the very fast growing welfare crowd?

I don't think anyone should be forced to use birth control -- but in exchange for welfare handouts, they should agree to sterilizations and regular birth control injections.

Americans having too many babies isn't the real cause behind the rapidly rising poverty -- and the sky high birth rates of the impoverished -- most of this is imported poverty. Come here, have babies you can't afford and you'll be given amnesty and all the welfare handouts you never had back home.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Is it Constitutional to confiscate the incomes of hard working people to pay for all this? No. How can we force people to financially support these people cranking out babies they cannot/will not work to support themselves? Yet we cannot ask any responsibility of the very fast growing welfare crowd?

I don't think anyone should be forced to use birth control -- but in exchange for welfare handouts, they should agree to sterilizations and regular birth control injections.

Americans having too many babies isn't the real cause behind the rapidly rising poverty -- and the sky high birth rates of the impoverished -- most of this is imported poverty. Come here, have babies you can't afford and you'll be given amnesty and all the welfare handouts you never had back home.
I agree with you that people should not have kids they can't take care of. I've seen it all my life and it drives me nuts. The problem here is that it's not the child's fault - so what to do with them. I've known plenty of women who didn't believe in abortion but thought nothing of having kids they couldn't take care of (they didn't consider adoption). Married women who had kids but the dad got on drugs or something and didn't work and/or left. The mom was working her butt off but needed food stamps to feed the kids. I remember seeing a beat up old car at a laundry mat that had 3 baby car seats in it! This isn't just a city issue either, two of the three examples above are rural folks. And there are plenty more I could list.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
On a certain level I agree with you and acknowledge the Communist underpinnings. One has to receive training and pass test to drive and yet nothing is expected of the bio mother and father.

If a license were required , what becomes of a child conceived without a license? Compulsory abortion? Adoption?
I have thoughts on that but do not bother to expand on them, even to myself, since this will most likely never happen....at least not in my lifetime.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,086,522 times
Quote:
Yeah - the Nazis had this same ideology. You do realize that this is so unconstitutional it's ridiculous, right? You can't force people to use birth control and you can't sterilize them. Good grief.
Yet we're obligated to fund the results of their irresponsible behavior...

Old 01-30-2013, 05:00 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,086,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Write a letter to their parents.
Chances are that they're illiterate or wouldn't care anyhow.

Quote:
Ask them why they chose to have children when they have limited earning abilities.
Because society has told them they "deserve" it and that they have not prepared themselves to be able to earn any other way. (And in truth, bleeding hearts are too soft to let the by-products of their recretional sex activities suffer the consequences of the parents poor choices.)

Quote:
While you're at it, write one to obama.....ask him why, after 4 years, there is so much more poverty.
It's Bush's fault.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:22 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,672,434 times
Quote:
I haven't read any posts suggesting forcing anyone to use birth control. It was suggested that bc be provided, at no expense to the recipient, as a condition of receive government assistance. If parents cannot provide for the child or children they already have, and funding provided by taxpayers is necessary to feed, house, and clothe these children, it seems reasonable that these parents NOT be allowed to add more children to their family....at least not at taxpayer expense.

If you disagree, I would welcome your explanation why.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 AM

62,888 posts, read 29,114,800 times
[quote=Spikett;28003204]Yeah - the Nazis had this same ideology. You do realize that this is so unconstitutional it's ridiculous, right? You can't force people to use birth control and you can't sterilize them. Good grief.[/quote

We should however deny them government benefits to feed and clothe their broods if they refuse to use birth control. If you can't feed em, don't breed em. Responsible Americans have enough trouble supporting their own kids. Why should we have to support someone else's just because they won't act responsibly?

Old 11-29-2015, 08:40 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,890,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The only way out of poverty is education.

With heaping helpings of discipline; self discipline being most important.

Contrary to what many may want to believe, discipline IS education and the hardest lesson to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies