Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,740,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

In other words, a gun owner shooting a criminal intending to do him/his family harm is in fact protected by the 2nd Amendment allowing people to keep and bear arms...and through State laws that give people legal rights to defend themselves with those arms.

What part of that do you not understand? Should I even ask?

(I'm a bit skittish of liberal logic these days. I don't like being nauseated)

LOL! I love it. The gun lovers don't like the subject of the Second Amendment (MILITIA). They only like the predicate. That's equivalent to taking the sentence:

Americans (subject) are brave (predicate), and removing its subject (Americans), leaving only this:

Are brave. Then using the predicate to adapt it to whatever it is they want.

But carry on with your silliness, gun lovers!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:34 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
LOL! I love it. The gun lovers don't like the subject of the Second Amendment (MILITIA). They only like the predicate. That's equivalent to taking the sentence:

Americans (subject) are brave (predicate), and removing its subject (Americans), leaving only this:

Are brave. Then using the predicate to adapt it to whatever it is they want.

But carry on with your silliness, gun lovers!
Apparently unbeknownst to you, the Supreme Court upheld the right of individual citizens to keep and bear arms. Which completely invalidates your specious "militia" claims. So why keep up the nonsense?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
It is not a waste of Congressional time to discuss gun violence, Each year several hundred billion dollars of the tax payers money go to providing medical care to tens of thousands of Americans shot and wounded by gun fire plus many of the wounded are sebsequently disabled and need follow up care for the rest of their lives. Former Congresswoman Giffords is a good example of a person who suffered a trumatic brain injury caused by gun fire. After much much treatment and therapy all at John Q Public's expense, she has not come all the way back to the capabilities she had on that fateful day when a disturbed person emptied a gun into her.
I would much rather hear testimony from those LEs involved with gun crimes.
Police chiefs of cities ravaged with gun crimes, Border Patrol, ICE, etc.
Also show some statistics, trends, patterns.

But having 2 lobbyists battling each other is just political dog and pony show tricks.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Apparently unbeknownst to you, the Supreme Court upheld the right of individual citizens to keep and bear arms. Which completely invalidates your specious "militia" claims. So why keep up the nonsense?
I just responded to that, and quite nicely, if I may say so myself. Scroll up and read.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times
Quote:
I just responded to that, and quite nicely, if I may say so myself. Scroll up and read.
You think the Supreme Court is going to come out with a new ruling taking guns away from individuals ?
Where did you get that idea from ?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:40 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,117,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
And he has the audacity to compare my arguments to that of a third grader....I love it.

This cat makes himself look worse with every post.....

...Lets wait to see how damning his next one is.
Well, perhaps you were in the 3rd grade when you were twelve but that isn't the grade for the average student. But, leaving that aside, I have an 8 year old great grandson who IS in the 3rd grade and who already understands empathy, decency, and kindness much more than some of the so-called adults on this forum.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:42 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,028,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I do, she in a position as a politician and one who has survived a shooting should be able to weigh in on the topic. It is no different than someone who served in the military and now a politician weighing in on the military.
She's no longer a politician and a lot of folks have survived a shooting.

I think the "emotionalism" of that is getting old. Let's bring out James Brady too while we are at it.

I personally like what this former "politician" had/has to say - who while not being shot, saw both her
parents shot by a madman.

"I made the most stupid decision of my life when I decided, several months before the Luby’s shooting, to stop carrying a revolver in my purse in the event that I would be caught and lose my chiropractor’s license. That decision left me unarmed at the time when I most needed a gun. I’m not mad at the guy that killed 23 people that day. How can I be mad at a rabid dog? I don’t blame guns. I blame politicians that legislated away my right to carry a gun to protect myself and my family." Former Rep. Suzanna Hupp

Are "Gun Free Zones" Really An Invitation To Kill People? - Huckabee - YouTube

Old 01-31-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You think the Supreme Court is going to come out with a new ruling taking guns away from individuals ?
Where did you get that idea from ?
The Supreme Court reverses previous rulings all the time via the method of new rulings on new cases, which contradict previous decisions they've made.

When they do do that, you will return to the MILITIA Amendment and try to work with the predicate of the amendment, and pretend the Amendment doesn't have a subject (militia).

ROFLMAO! This whole thing is kinda fun.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,117,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So you don't even know yet you claim she has more class than anyone??

I don't like folks who get paid to try and take my rights away. It appears many do. That means any rights granted to citizens in the constitution. They are all equal in my eyes. You brought up her finger and I asked a question. Don't like it or can't answer it tough.
And I don't like people who get paid to take away the right of children and teachers not to be murdered in their classrooms. And a lot of former NRA members obviously feel the same. I know several who have resigned their membership over the craziness of today's NRA. Any responsible gun owner knows that if you need a gun that fires 50 bullets you are too bad of a shot to be trusted with a gun.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:55 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,028,256 times
Quote:
I lived in Israel for a while. Aside from the fact that, barring special circumstances or illness, everyone serves in the military
I think everyone serves in the military in Israel because they are a very small country population
wise surrounded by countries that despise them.
There is no reason to compare the US to Israel - our demographics are totally different.
So is our Constitution

Frankly, if your citizens don't want to voluntarily fight, I'd question the war...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies