Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times

Advertisements

Can you imagine the howling if there were a NAAWP Image Awards show?

Lord, I'm sick of it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 PM

61 posts, read 46,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Lord, I'm sick of it!
Nononono wait...it's ok on account of slavery and all. Plus Jim Crow and segregated lunch counters and coloreds only water fountains. What are you a waaaacist?

Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 PM

744 posts, read 1,091,666 times
Cool. Quentin Tarantino was nominated for best picture and best director for Django. More reason for shrill, bedwetting conservative to whine, cry, and scream.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:

Lord, I'm sick of it!
Good. Point your remote (assuming that you can actually afford a tv) towards your boob tube and push the up or down arrows indicating a channel change.

And BTW...the people at NAACP just announced that they care about your sentiments on the matter and will cease with these programs in the future.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:10 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:

Lord, I'm sick of it!
What would you do if you couldn't find something to complain about or be "sick" of? As someone else suggested, change the channels. Life is too short to be so miserable about things over which you have absolutely no control.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:21 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:

Lord, I'm sick of it!
I'm a conservative against affirmative action and against reverse discrimination, but I'm OK with these awards and others like them. They really aren't examples of reverse racism. They are for honoring accomplished people. It's good for minority groups to find role models to look up to.

There are areas where some focus needs to be placed. Blacks do commit violent crimes at disproportionate rates. Blacks do have multiple children out of wedlock. Hispanics do flood across our borders illegally. Both blacks and hispanics do drop out of school at high rates. These are areas where we need to wipe away the excuse of racism and insist that people quit whining about whitey and start taking responsibility for their own lives. There was a thread recently about a speech Bill Cosby made about this very thing.

Complaining when minority groups do something good and shine a light on successful and influential members of their community doesn't help anything. Complaining about this only serves to divert focus from where reverse racism really does harm, where people like Al Sharpton get on TV in expensive suits and incite poor minority people to wallow in victimhood instead of working and educating themselves. The Image Awards don't do any harm. They're a good thing.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times
Quote:

Lord, I'm sick of it!
Nobody cares. Really, being black, and being white, are not equal experiences in the US. Get over it.

The real question is, why on earth did the NAACP invite that clown Steve Harvey as a host? Have they never heard his "Strawberry Letters" segment, or his opinion on evolution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies