Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 12:10 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,270,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Muslims are not White. Hitler killed Jews not Whites. I don't worship Hitler just admire some things he did. I am more of a National Anarchist type not a totalitarian type.
The overwhelming majority of Arab Muslims are white. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I dunno, Orange County is "only" 44% white, and yet, people use it as a euphemism for one of the whitest places in America.

Predicated on this and the fact that the single largest racial group in the US will still be white people, I have this feeling it'll look pretty much the same way it does now, just with more nonwhite people.
Well, the parts of Orange County where whites live are VERY white. But you're right...overall, it's a diverse county. My sisters live in Mission Viejo and Irvine. Those places are NOT diverse at all. But if you go to Westminster, Garden Grove or Santa Ana, it's just the opposite.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:33 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,196,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Maybe they should make "brown" an official racial category then.
Oh gosh no...LOL. White and black are stupid enough!

Old 02-24-2013, 12:36 AM

98 posts, read 54,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The Liberals have tossed aside everything regarding the environment. Their goal now is very massive and unlimited immigration. Forget the national forests and wetlands, forget the spotted owl. The open borders agenda is only about bringing in many millions of people and having what's left of the taxpayers pay for the high birth rates.
There's this thing called density.............

Old 02-24-2013, 12:47 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,409,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; MOST of what is now the US was NEVER owned by Spain so speaking Spanish ain't "normal" by your definition. Sheesh!
You should study more history. The 1762 Treaty of Fontainebleau extended New Spain from the Mississippi to the Pacific. They also had Florida.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
The only thing that will be great is actually having a president who gives a damn about the Constitution... Whatever race she or he may be.
You mean the actual Constitution or how you think it should be applied.... You know we have a whole branch of government to determine that.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
Why do people conflate conservatism with whiteness? Your progressive masters have taught you well.
Have you not read the replies on this thread?

By your educated guess do you think the people that replied that the US would be worse off with a white minority are more likely to be conservative or liberal?

Old 02-24-2013, 01:36 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,364,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
The US has reached a demographic tipping point, with most babies born now belonging to minority groups.
According to the US Census bureau, black, Hispanic, Asian and mixed-race births made up 50.4% of new arrivals in the year ending in July 2011.
The official notice foreshadows the day, expected in the 2040s, when non-Hispanic whites - like the group that founded America - will be in the minority.BBC News - What will a white-minority US look like?

So could it mean the Spanish speaking minority would assimilate and would much more commonly use English rather than Spanish? In addition would there soon be a Hispanic president?

Plus would the culture of the US be similiar today as in 50 years time?

PS: No racist comments here please.
Broke.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:51 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,472,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
The US has reached a demographic tipping point, with most babies born now belonging to minority groups.
According to the US Census bureau, black, Hispanic, Asian and mixed-race births made up 50.4% of new arrivals in the year ending in July 2011.
The official notice foreshadows the day, expected in the 2040s, when non-Hispanic whites - like the group that founded America - will be in the minority.BBC News - What will a white-minority US look like?

So could it mean the Spanish speaking minority would assimilate and would much more commonly use English rather than Spanish? In addition would there soon be a Hispanic president?

Plus would the culture of the US be similiar today as in 50 years time?

PS: No racist comments here please.
Well, it could mean they'll assimilate but I don't think it is likely. First, so far as I know the smaller the minority community is the more likely it is to assimilate. Second, these people did not come to America from halfway across the world, their homelands are close (relatively speaking) so they are not nearly as separated from their home cultures as Asians or Europeans who immigrate. Third, there are already hispanic nationalist/separatist groups in America. Fourth, we live in a time of increasing technology and communication so that people who move to another country can keep ties with their old homeland much more easily now. Fifth, liberals have been promoting multiculturalism for a while now so people have a certain segment of society that actually encourages them not to assimilate. Sixth, hispanics unlike others already have many businesses, government agencies, and schools supporting Spanish so there is less incentive for them to learn English than there is for other immigrants.

I don't know if there will be a hispanic President soon but it wouldn't come as any surprise.

I am certain that American culture in 50 years time will be virtually unrecognizable to what it is today. We are on a rapid liberalization path right now. Traditional American culture is not celebrated in entertainment or the media as it once was. Politicians can now be successful by denigrating America wheras before at least profession patriotism whether or not they actually felt it was required to get votes. Along with the rest of the culture, education is also becoming multicultural where teaching shared American values has a much dimished emphasis. There are articles I've seen on the web where many nations in Europe have their cultural identies dying in the face of immigration although in their case it is Muslim immigration rather than hispanic.

The other option is that the economy does not get back on track and/or there becomes no way out of austerity measures. In that case, you would see a conservative ascension and many of things I said in the previous paragraph would go the opposite way. You would see a resurgence of patriotism, an encouragement of America returning to be an actual melting pot of people all being Americans instead of African-Americans, Mexican-Americans, etc. People would redisover pride in America and want to install more focus on American history and values in school curriculum.

It's really impossible to tell right now which way things will go. It's also impossible to predict what pivotal events will occur in the next few decades that might radically alter American society's course. There is a big difference between pre-9/11 America and post-9/11 America, for example. Whether the liberals or conservatives consolidate power in China could have a potentially large effect on America. If the trend to legalize drugs reaches a tipping point that could have massive effects. If the Arabs succeed against Israel, if the radical Islamists succeed in taking power permanently from the Arab Spring, if Iran gets an atomic bomb, if we end up with a breakthrough in alternative energy or else finally start drilling here and the Middle East becomes a no longer crucial area to our interest, etc all of these things are potential game changers.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Government finally got him. Took them long enough so they had to finally set him up and take him down for something he didn't do.See I could sit here and argue with you but I don't feel like lowering myself to your level any longer. I will just put you on ignore.
Ah yes...the whole "I could argue with you BUT..." The words muttered by someone who can't even manage a single puny link to back their fearless racist leader.

Man it feels good to gloat. Can I be on your ignore list to? It would make me pretty happy to know that you fear me.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:00 AM

63,063 posts, read 29,263,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoneyboomboom View Post
I'm sure the UK is upset about losing their cultural identity?

Maybe France won't miss it's Gaul tradition's?

Point is cultural and society is in constant motion. This thread obviously is meant for the ignorant to spurt their racist nonsense. However, I don't get this fear of change.... It's inevitable, every moment, every second is different. People getting their panties in a wad over something they can't change.
It all depends on whether it is natural change or an unnatural one especially via illegal immigration. The former is acceptable while the latter is not. There is nothing racist about not wanting to lose our identity as a nation. A country isn't a country IMO unless it has a national identity of its own. We are losing that and for the many reasons that the prior poster pointed out. Assimilation is not being encouraged today but separatism is.

It has nothing to do with race but culture and national identity.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:01 AM

25,858 posts, read 16,574,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg7854 View Post
What difference does it make what the white-minority U.S. will look like? None of us will be alive by the time that happens. If anything, I suspect there will be more interracial breeding, and we'll end up being a nation full of mulattos, quadroons, octoroons, and other mixed-race folks. Americans will start looking like Brazilians. Our nation will be full of beautiful people like Brazil and still be prosperous.
I've often said that once the Asians, Africans, Germans, Swedes, Norwegians, Mexicans....once they are all mixed together in about 100 years Americans will look much like the original Native Americans.

I don't care about someone's skin, it's the cultures and the way the new Americans don't seem to really want to become Americans. They want to turn great cities like Minneapolis into a Mogadishu. And their damn religion trumps all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.