Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Bullpucky.

Where do you get this stuff? It sounds like the rantings of a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

Oh, wait... Nevermind. I just realized who I was responding to.
There is some truth to his comment. Minorities disproportionatly live in areas where firearms possession has been most heavily restricted (DC and Chicago come to mind). No surprise...gun control laws came about over the fear of black ex-slaves and other minorities owning a means of defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 11:06 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,164,769 times
Quote:
Why don't most women want guns?
Or feel the need to own or carry them. They are afterall less able to protect themselves by other means right?
Well first of all, let me congratulate the OP on knowing MOST of the women in this country and how they FEEL about guns. That is simply amazing. I've never known anyone so popular or arrogant as to be able to make a claim about over 150M people. I think maybe you should call the Guiness Book of World Records for most popular guy on the planet!

Sarcasm off - I'm a woman. I own guns. I'm an NRA member and a range officer at my gun club. I've taken my daughter shooting, I've taken female friends shooting (and I live in Liberal Long Island).

I think you'd be surprised at how many men are BUYING guns for their wives for Valentines Day, their birthdays and Christmas. Especially since 2008.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:08 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Most ignorant post of the day....

why does the left have a fetish for penis?

Oh, and your assumption has been proven wrong in this very thread....maybe you shuold read the thread before posting?
Because they have little ones and they think talking about other men's little ones makes theirs bigger.

More of that 0bama math.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:10 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,164,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
There is some truth to his comment. Minorities disproportionatly live in areas where firearms possession has been most heavily restricted (DC and Chicago come to mind). No surprise...gun control laws came about over the fear of black ex-slaves and other minorities owning a means of defense.
Oh stop it, please. I hardly think the Chicago political thugs of the 1970's were worried about "ex-slaves" owning a gun!

Gun Control

Old 02-01-2013, 11:10 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,479 times
Default Why don't most women want guns?

Most?

That's probably right.

But even though my wife doesn't show much interest in guns, she handles a 38 revolver surprisingly well. And since that's what I keep for HD, I figure that's good enough. I've provided her sister with the same protection, even though she carries a little Beretta Bobcat in her purse most of the time. So, these gals aren't really interested in firearms, but they're able to employ them competently.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Well first of all, let me congratulate the OP on knowing MOST of the women in this country and how they FEEL about guns. That is simply amazing. I've never known anyone so popular or arrogant as to be able to make a claim about over 150M people. I think maybe you should call the Guiness Book of World Records for most popular guy on the planet!

Sarcasm off - I'm a woman. I own guns. I'm an NRA member and a range officer at my gun club. I've taken my daughter shooting, I've taken female friends shooting (and I live in Liberal Long Island).

I think you'd be surprised at how many men are BUYING guns for their wives for Valentines Day, their birthdays and Christmas. Especially since 2008.
You should have held out for diamond earrings! - they don't need to be oiled. And, a woman as smart as you would not need any protection - much less those little (penis) guns.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I sincerely hope you never have to find out whether you really CAN or not. There is a story going around about a man who was able to complete a rape despite being mortally wounded by his armed victim.
Talk about winning the battle but losing the war!

Link? or BS....

Quote:
Even in 2012 there are areas where rapes never occur. Women that are that worried about it might be advised to move to one of those places.
So, women should move because of people that rape?

Quote:
As a pre-emptive strategy it rates higher than putting a kill shot into any strange male who asks you what time it is.
more leftist drivel.....sorry, but gun owners don't thnk like that, just because the leftist memo says we do....

Quote:
It blow my mind... even after all that is known about guns and the mountain of evidence that is growing to show their limitations in defensive scenario's, it does little to curb the rising sales.
Link again or BS.....

Oh, and the reason you seem to "think" there is mounting evidence is because the MSM does not want you to see when something "good" happens with a gun...

Quote:
What can I really say.
H
Nothing...

Quote:
No, you are free to interpret me anyway you like. And, I am not surprised you don't agree with the rest of it. There is plenty of disconnect with what people SAY and what they DO. And everything that LLE does, says they would rather minorities not carry concealed weapons around town. Thugs owning guns illegally are outside this discussion. Thugs with illegal firearms are not a statistical threat to the legal gun owners that are overwhelmingly white.

H
You're spewing a lot of stats with little support to back up your claims.....why is that?

Old 02-01-2013, 11:15 AM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
You should have held out for diamond earrings! - they don't need to be oiled. And, a woman as smart as you would not need any protection - much less those little (penis) guns.

Again with the penis..............

Old 02-01-2013, 11:21 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Or feel the need to own or carry them. They are afterall less able to protect themselves by other means right?

Whether urban blacks or white country boys, gun ownership is mainly a man's passion, fetish really. Hollywood, video games, and the NRA just promote this huge culture and industry of cool deadly toys for boys.

Or let me guess, the NRA beleives women are sadly under-armed, and will ramp up campaigns targeting more female gun ownership.
This chick has 2 guns.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,926,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Oregon has a "stand your ground law" however, that doesn't give you the right to kill a person if they come on your property. It used to be that Oregon law required you to give ground if your life was in danger, upon recent events in Oregon this law was revisited. If a person forces their way into your home and you or your families lives are in danger you do not have to give ground to protect you or your family and deadly force can be used. I don't see anything wrong with this, you may choose you run into a closet or where ever and wait until the damage is over, or God forbid, a family member is dead but I will not take that chance. If someone forces their way into my home unarmed, then they will be detained until the police arrive, if they are armed, then they will be met in the worse way, I will not hesitate.
I'm sure you've heard of the guy around here who did just that. Shot a "prowler" on his property. Killed him. He was in security. I do think that people who are in law enforcement or security are more deadly to be around because they know that to be successful, they have to go offensive. In Jamaica where I am from, wealthy (read middle class) people have "panic rooms". Shooting it out with home invaders is not an option in a country with very strict gun control laws, neither is begging for your life on your knees, it is better to flee to a safe space and wait them out. They only want stuff they can fence when they bust into a house like that. Americans don't have that mindset. Firearms give them courage and takes away their circumspection. Unfortunately, the technology to implant firepower into human beings is not yet online. You will look real silly dragging a shotgun from room to room as you move around your house. You will also look pretty psychotic sitting down to mealtime with a 9mm strapped under one arm. But that is the way to have that gun ready if needed. That's not how most people do it, so, as a result, guns don't feature heavily in saving the day when the unthinkable happens. Just ask the guy who shot his fiancee dead as she was returning to bed in the middle of the night how well that 'shoot first, ask questions later' works in real life.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies