Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Therapy is very good, you know. It can help a lot!
Well, I'm sorry you see the government as your daddy and husband. Maybe that's whats wrong with society. A lot of citizens, especially female, and foreigners look to the government as their savior.

Mainstream citizens can't help but support political corruption and be subservient to the government, but slam others with common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 04:27 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
So that government imprisons you. Robs you of your freedom. Robs you of your ability to make a living. Sends armed people to kidnap you for growing that plant and all you can say: not all government is bad?

What a sheep you're. Have you ever seen a flock of sheep being slaughtered? I'll describe it. They run into a group and the sheep on the outside of the circle are dragged one by one, their throats slit, and they lay withering until dead. That's your mentality.

I prefer to work within a system that gets it right, most of the time. Our government is driven by voting, and when people have enough on an issue, and raise their voices loud enough, sooner or later they are listened to.

I personally like the usda, interstate highways, and lots of other federal programs.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
Nobody will bother to look at it, since you posted the Alex Jones link. Should have gone with a straight link to the Pew survey...

As to the survey question...anybody who DOESN'T think the federal government is a threat to freedom and liberty needs their head examined.

Majority Says the Federal Government Threatens Their Personal Rights | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

if it hasnt been posted yet.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Well, I'm sorry you see the government as your daddy and husband. Maybe that's whats wrong with society. A lot of citizens, especially female, and foreigners look to the government as their savior.

Mainstream citizens can't help but support political corruption and be subservient to the government, but slam others with common sense.
Since "government" makes you nervous and unhappy, you really need to look at countries where there is none. For example, Somalia. You might truly be happy there!

SOMALIA CONFERENCE - A timeline of almost uninterrupted unrest in war-stricken Somalia

Old 02-04-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Since "government" makes you nervous and unhappy, you really need to look at countries where there is none. For example, Somalia. You might truly be happy there!

SOMALIA CONFERENCE - A timeline of almost uninterrupted unrest in war-stricken Somalia

no, we are not anarchists, we just want limited government. something that neither the republican or democrat parties want. they both just want more of the same. that is what is killing the USA.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
no, we are not anarchists, we just want limited government. something that neither the republican or democrat parties want. they both just want more of the same. that is what is killing the USA.
Then look around and find yourself and your handful of "I-hate-government" nuts a country of "limited government," as small as you dream it, and go squat there. See if you like it.

It's sooo nice to be whining about government this, government that, government the other, while enjoying living here and all the benefits this country offers thanks to your government. Why don't you get yourself a few jobs, go work, and keep busy, and then you might quit your whining? The government here is pretty d*mned good until the fascists take it over, as in 1980s Reagan Revolution against the middle class.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Then look around and find yourself and your handful of "I-hate-government" nuts a country of "limited government," as small as you dream it, and go squat there. See if you like it.

It's sooo nice to be whining about government this, government that, government the other, while enjoying living here and all the benefits this country offers thanks to your government. Why don't you get yourself a few jobs, go work, and keep busy, and then you might quit your whining? The government here is pretty d*mned good until the fascists take it over, as in 1980s Reagan Revolution against the middle class.

come out to where i live, I rarely if ever see any government services at all. I prefer limited government even tho i pay for larger than normal government.

every president since the democrat president woodrow wilson has been against the middle class.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
come out to where i live, I rarely if ever see any government services at all. I prefer limited government even tho i pay for larger than normal government.

every president since the democrat president woodrow wilson has been against the middle class.
Yeah? Do you live in the sticks? Live off the food on trees? Use no infrastructure? Don't rely any communication? Please, spare me. You're a piece of work, pretending you don't enjoy what this country has to offer BECAUSE of the govt that has been in place. The govt. touches EVERYTHING in this country, and affects it positively so you may live in an advanced nation rather than in a Somalia-like place. Stop the bs.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Yeah? Do you live in the sticks? Live off the food on trees? Use no infrastructure? Don't rely any communication? Please, spare me. You're a piece of work, pretending you don't enjoy what this country has to offer BECAUSE of the govt that has been in place. The govt. touches EVERYTHING in this country, and affects it positively so you may live in an advanced nation rather than in a Somalia-like place. Stop the bs.

I didnt say I dont enjoy alot of what the USA had to offer, I just dont use alot of it. no cop has been close to my home in months, no cops drive anywhere close to me. fire department wont show up either, as it is 30-40 minutes to get here. I grow most of my own food, provide my own electricity and the local electric company pays me for the excess of what i dont use.
I pay my taxes for everything, I just dont use alot of services.

I prefer limited government, as our founding fathers intended.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I didnt say I dont enjoy alot of what the USA had to offer, I just dont use alot of it. no cop has been close to my home in months, no cops drive anywhere close to me. fire department wont show up either, as it is 30-40 minutes to get here. I grow most of my own food, provide my own electricity and the local electric company pays me for the excess of what i dont use.
I pay my taxes for everything, I just dont use alot of them.
I don't use all of it either. Is that what bugs you? Do you think that a person HAS TO USE everything the govt offers every day? What an irrational way of thinking you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies