Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 02:20 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times

Advertisements

By handing green cards to millions of illegals, the wages in America will be dropped even further. Businesses will benefit tremendously!

When I need work done at my house, I will now be guiltlessly able to pick up some formerly illegal workers to do the work cheaply....after all, they are now Americans.

I have a skill set that some illegal cannot fill....so does my wife, so I will not be effected.

High paid, unskilled union laborers will be easily replaced, saving municipalities and businesses millions.

Blacks, who already have an unemployment rate of double the national average, will suffer the most. I talk to many, many business owners. They all say the same thing.....they would hire Hispanics over blacks every time.

They will also flood the system with welfare, affordable housing and food stamp needs. And talk about how they procreate! Longer waiting periods at clinics and emergency rooms!

You get the government you deserve!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 02:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
If it's not the illegal to take your job then it will be the H1-B.
Congress is going to double the limit and leave the door open for future increases.

Never say Never.
And when they come for you, no one is going to care because you didn't care about anyone else.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:50 PM

How can you deport 11-20 million people, some of which have US citizens for kids ?

Now, it's all about capturing the voting bloc.
The last census showed the growing Hispanic population.

I don't have an issue with the illegals coming here. Being in the schools I'm dealing with families who do come here for better lives and opportunities.

My issue is with the government and their pandering to them at the expense of the citizens that are paying taxes.

Illegals take over the Blue Collar world and H1-Bs taking over the White Collar world.
We're screwed at both ends here by immigrants.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-03-2013 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 02-02-2013, 02:57 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,129 times
My biggest problem with this whole amnesty thing..

If they couldn't follow the LAW by going through the proper channels to get into this country... what makes everyone think that *walla*.. now their going to be upstanding, tax-paying, law abiding citizens? Once a thief..always a thief. 15 Million pardon's for illegal acts.. in one fell swoop.........Why don't we deport them, and allow 15 million who followed the law by NOT coming in have a chance. I'd welcome law-abiding folks twice as quickly....

Old 02-02-2013, 03:07 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I knew they were going to do it.
How can you deport 11-20 million people, some of which have US citizens for kids ?

Now, it's all about capturing the voting bloc.
The last census showed the growing Hispanic population.

I don't have an issue with the illegals coming here. Being in the schools I'm dealing with families who do come here for better lives and opportunities.

My issue is with the government and their pandering to them at the expense of the citizens that are paying taxes.

Illegals take over the Blue Collar world and H1-Bs taking over the White Collar world.
We're screwed at both ends here by immigrants.
We don't need to deport anybody who haven't committed any other crime. There's absolutely no need!

If we want them to leave, simply give them 5 years to leave on their own without penalty or future immigration problem. After that, if anybody caught being illegal here, it's 5 years mandatory prison time. People will leave on their own.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You apparently have NO idea how H1B works. H1B is heavily regulated and there are rules put in place to ensure it doesn't compete with Americans. Hiring H1B does NOT save any money for the employers. There's no incentive for them to do so.

I personally hired enough H1B to know that. I always steer away from hiring H1B as much as I can because of the legal hassle.
ROFLMAO that you think those "rules" are saving American jobs.

Sure, the likes of Microsoft, Apple, and IBM go to DC because we really don't have any programmers left in America.

When your manager says they've taken on an H1-B and they want you to "train" them, that is the KISS OF DEATH to your job.

23 years in software in a multi-national, dealing with H1-Bs and you're telling me I have no idea how it works ?
My friend, YOU have no idea how it really works outside those "laws on the books".

A multi-national is a multi-national because they have labs and offices in other countries.
Take a gander at the IT shops in Bangalore if you don't believe me.

Or teaching. With all the cuts and layoffs, why are they bringing H1-B teachers over here ?
Really..we have a shortage of teachers ?

Old 02-02-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:

Sure, the likes of Microsoft, Apple, and IBM go to DC because we really don't have any programmers left in America.

When your manager says they've taken on an H1-B and they want you to "train" them, that is the KISS OF DEATH to your job.

23 years in software in a multi-national, dealing with H1-Bs and you're telling me I have no idea how it works ?
My friend, YOU have no idea how it really works outside those "laws on the books".

A multi-national is a multi-national because they have labs and offices in other countries.
Take a gander at the IT shops in Bangalore if you don't believe me.
H1B is not what I'm discussing.

Unskilled laborers being handed green cards is the discussion. I really am looking forward to all the whining that will come from the lefties as wages fall, black unemployment increases and union labor continues to disappear.

I'm a vindictive SOB!

Old 02-02-2013, 03:16 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:

Again, you don't understand H1B and how it works. I have hired quite a few people under H1B.

Yes, we don't have any programmers left in America. When I was hiring programmers, I got 200 resumes, half of them were Asian and 25% Indian and 25% American. Out of the 50 Americans, I had to throw out about 40 because they weren't relevant. Of the 10, only one might be tolerable.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Again, you don't understand H1B and how it works. I have hired quite a few people under H1B.

Yes, we don't have any programmers left in America. When I was hiring programmers, I got 200 resumes, half of them were Asian and 25% Indian and 25% American. Out of the 50 Americans, I had to throw out about 40 because they weren't relevant. Of the 10, only one might be tolerable.
Why?

Old 02-02-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
H1B is not what I'm discussing.

Unskilled laborers being handed green cards is the discussion. I really am looking forward to all the whining that will come from the lefties as wages fall, black unemployment increases and union labor continues to disappear.

I'm a vindictive SOB!
What will happen is that we'll get the next wave of illegals to work for cash off the books.
Once these illegals become legal they are in competition with American working poor in your big box retail and fast food.

The landscape companies, construction, and others like that are not going to change and all of a sudden start collecting and paying taxes.
No, they will continue to hire illegals.

Not every illegal here will be able to become legal for one reason or another.
And the next wave will start because now there will be job openings.

We did this game already with Reagan. We know how it begins and we know how it ends and we know what happens after.
There is no debate here really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies