Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 06:12 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,391,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Not so......

I want an AR-15......

I'm not paying the 2-3k price tag I've seen on them in my area.......

I'll consider buying either that or an AK when and if the market ever stabalizes again.......

If I never have the opportunity again.... so be it. Whatever..........
Maybe not you, but obviously some will.

The good news is that for the average person, a lever action rifle is an adequate substitute for an AR.
I prefer a pump shotgun for home defense anyway. I would guess that by the end of 2013 sanity will likely come back to the market. If they don't get a ban by then, they're unlikely to do it during 2014, an election year for house members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 06:16 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,500,244 times
No more assault rifles. Too bad.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,915,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Maybe not you, but obviously some will.

The good news is that for the average person, a lever action rifle is an adequate substitute for an AR.
I prefer a pump shotgun for home defense anyway. I would guess that by the end of 2013 sanity will likely come back to the market. If they don't get a ban by then, they're unlikely to do it during 2014, an election year for house members.
The market may stabalize again by 2014 but if conservatives lose the House, it will be short lived. get ready for thngs to go nutso again. Accept in that case, it would be justifiable.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 PM

198 posts, read 167,881 times
Quote:
Not so......

I want an AR-15......

I'm not paying the 2-3k price tag I've seen on them in my area.......

I'll consider buying either that or an AK when and if the market ever stabalizes again.......

If I never have the opportunity again.... so be it. Whatever..........
Pick up a copy of shotgun news or go online to a site like bravo company, and order a:
stripped lower $125
Lower parts kit $65
Stock and buffer $80
Complete upper $650
Assemble it yourself
Complete Assembly total = $920.00

and now you have an AR15 for under $1000

Old 02-03-2013, 12:32 AM

39,897 posts, read 26,578,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Problem View Post
Pick up a copy of shotgun news or go online to a site like bravo company, and order a:
stripped lower $125
Lower parts kit $65
Stock and buffer $80
Complete upper $650
Assemble it yourself
Complete Assembly total = $920.00

and now you have an AR15 for under $1000
You haven't shopped for AR parts in a while. The cheapest I have seen lowers in stock (and they were gone within an hour) was $200 (Aero Precision), with a number of better brands running well over $300. For a part that was $100-125 a couple months ago. Uppers, LPKs, bolt carrier assys and barrels are nearly unobtainable. Bravo Company, Atomic Tactical, Rainier, PSA, Midway, all are in the same boat, with several closing down their web sites due to back orders.

Obama, through his ignorance and arrogance, has managed to sell more firearms than the 10 next best salesmen combined.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:34 AM

504 posts, read 457,731 times
Default Cant Blame it on Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You haven't shopped for AR parts in a while. The cheapest I have seen lowers in stock (and they were gone within an hour) was $200 (Aero Precision), with a number of better brands running well over $300. For a part that was $100-125 a couple months ago. Uppers, LPKs, bolt carrier assys and barrels are nearly unobtainable. Bravo Company, Atomic Tactical, Rainier, PSA, Midway, all are in the same boat, with several closing down their web sites due to back orders.

Obama, through his ignorance and arrogance, has managed to sell more firearms than the 10 next best salesmen combined.

Nah you cant blame it on Obama. The dude never stands his ground on nothing and in all truth the Dems would go back to losing elections if they were dumb enough to give the GOP an issue to coalesce around. The only thing Obama HAS SIGNED IS AN INCREASE IN GUN RIGHTS!

But he is a Dem and the Gun Industry is pretty smart, and have chose to use his election as a fund raiser. And are they raking it in!!!!!

A point I would like to make is. They havent been able to pass a decent jobs, infrastucture or transportation bill. If all of a sudden an Assault Weapons ban got through it would be due to The Republicans letting it through after blocking a whole lot of other things.

Obama and the Dems remember the seats and power that was lost after the last ban---they are just going through the motion!!! Fear not fret not. I definitiley am not.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:42 PM

Yeah listening to the talk i heard today the Assault weapons talk is just leverage for universal background check!

Old 02-04-2013, 04:57 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,391,115 times
Quote:
The market may stabalize again by 2014 but if conservatives lose the House, it will be short lived. get ready for thngs to go nutso again. Accept in that case, it would be justifiable.

That is true; I hadn't thought of that. If D's take the house in 2014, all hell would break loose. I was thinking just today that what is needed is a futures market for gun buyers so that they can hedge against these panics, lol.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 PM

Default Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
That is true; I hadn't thought of that. If D's take the house in 2014, all hell would break loose. I was thinking just today that what is needed is a futures market for gun buyers so that they can hedge against these panics, lol.

As a Person who sees the dems as a lesser of the 2 evils any Dem that would be able to take a red district would not commit political suicide in supporting anything more than the background checks.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:09 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,080,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Now that its been established there will be no assault weapns ban can the prices drop back to normal levels for crying out loud.

Can the unprepared Newbies who werent armed now see how their pockets were raped! Its been a hilarious ride.................AGAIN. If you waited til now to buy take it as an expensive lesson learned.

Something positive that can come out of this so called universal background check is a standardized procedure for gun ownership and NATIONWIDE recognition of a FEDERAL concealed weapons license.

Get the training standardized and get the varying state laws of all 50 states added to the curriculum. This way you are responsible but recognized and able to drive from state to state without the BS that we currently go through.

Get a database for the crazies and violent criminal established.

The run on ammo is ridiculous, the only thing I see passing is universal background and possibly just possibly a limit on clip capacity (could care less I got mine already).

The performances of LaPierre and Alex Jones were absolutley Pathetic............I question which side they were working for, thats just how bad they conveyed their points.

I for one am glad I will not be subsidizing with My tax dollars a gun ban............. How you ask........ Read Carefully: There is no way that Gun Manufactures were going to lose that much market share with a ban on Civillian assault Semi Autos. No way these corporations would take such a dent in its profits. They would simply Quadruple or more the price that they charge Uncle Sam to build the military's weapons. They would claim that without the price increase they would not be able to financially survive and provide the weapons, then would send their lobbyist to congress who would in turn claim NATIONAL security needs and drop trow (I mean our trousers) and pay whatever ransom that the Gun Manufacturers demand.

Thats just how it works. Downright sickening.
Noted.

We'll put you in the "infringement" category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies