Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 04:38 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Don't be ridiculous. My dad and uncle are white, straight males, and I'm not waging a war against them.
Good.

Then tell the liberals who claim that Republicans are waging a war on women to not be ridiculous.

My sister, aunt, and my good friend are all female Republicans and they would find the idea that war is being waged against them by the GOP to be absolutely absurd.

They most certainly are not at war against themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,872,840 times
No.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Many Women, Jews, Asians, Gays, Blacks and Latinos (I'm sure I've forgotten some) see themselves as outcasts from the Republican party. It isn't Democrats who have made them feel that way...it is the party of entitlement for straight White males, aka the GOP, aka the Republican Party, aka the Tea Party (but w'ere not Republicans), aka the Angry Straight White Male Party, aka the Apocolypse Party, aka the Party of No, The Party of Doom and Gloom, the Party of Keep Your Baby but Let Him Starve, the Party of Small Government Except When It Comes to Sex, the Party of War, Guns and Bibles...
You watch too much MSNBC.

Why don't you start thinking for yourself?

Being an independent critical thinker is much more satisfying then parroting what your liberal talking heads spoonfeed you.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:43 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,513,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Beats me,why don't you write fox news and ask them? I prefer RT,Al Jazeera for my news.
Because those are the news channels Conservatives watch the most
RT? Really? You like Putin's modern PRAVDA?
And AJ? What kind of an American are you?

Old 02-08-2013, 04:44 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,246,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So being a Republican is synonymous with masculinity??? What does that say about female Republicans, like say Ann Coulter?
Hey don, great zinger there.

Quote:

Being an independent critical thinker is much more satisfying then parroting what your liberal talking heads spoonfeed you.
Lots of assuming here.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:51 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,339,311 times
Is this thread serious?I mean, I know RebelYell isn't to be taken seriously, but...seriously.

Frankly, I thik anyone whovoted for a Republican OR Democrat for national office needs to have their head examined.

Its funny, though, how many Republicans who, I guess, are supposed to be so moral and macho have been caught in men's restrooms with their pants around their ankles playing boy-meets-boy on the down low.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Because those are the news channels Conservatives watch the most?
Many of the conservatives that I associate with don't watch much TV at all.

I don't own a television.

Instead we read books, print newspapers, and online viewpoints.

The result is that conservatives are much more informed and open minded than liberals - as a Pew survey found.

Quote:
The Pew survey adds to a wave of surveys and studies showing that GOP-sympathizers are better informed, more intellectually consistent, more open-minded, more empathetic and more receptive to criticism than their fellow Americans who support the Democratic Party.
Read more: Surveys: Republicans more open-minded, better informed than Democrats | The Daily Caller

In contrast, Democrats tend to resist any ideas that are not consistent with their current schema, which may be attributed to watching liberal media and not thinking critically about what they view and hear.

Quote:
In contrast, the Republican Party coalition is more consistent, and has few poorly educated people and fewer post-graduates.

Pew’s new study echoes the results of many other reports and studies that show GOP supporters are better educated, more empathetic and more open to criticism than Democrats.

A March 12 Pew study showed that Democrats are far more likely that conservatives to disconnect from people who disagree with them.
Waits for the liberals heads to explode.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:55 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I think the masculinity factor only applies to men. Congress has too much time on their hands. lol
Republican Women: Female GOP Politicians Look More Feminine, Congressional Physiognomy Study Suggests
So ... your idea of women to be proud of are women who are young and pretty and have sexy photos taken of themselves? Instead of women who are mature in age and are known for their intellect, important contributions to society, interesting and intellectual careers, and competence? (Fox News fictional talking points notwithstanding.)

I'd ask you if you're serious, but I suppose you are. Which is one reason why women don't take the GOP seriously. If that's who you value, you don't need to wage war on women. You just need to be yourselves.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:02 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,757,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Because those are the news channels Conservatives watch the most
RT? Really? You like Putin's modern PRAVDA?
And AJ? What kind of an American are you?
I like getting news from a neutral source something other than the propaganda I get from msnbc,fox and cnn. I enjoy watching different news channels. I use libertariannews.org online to get my news as well...

Old 02-08-2013, 05:02 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

I didn't that from MSNBC, which I rarely watch and can't tell you the last time I have. I get a lot more of that from Fox News and right-wing talk radio. Oh and you CD posters do a very good job of supporting exactly what I said. This thread is an example and there are thousands more just like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies