Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 02:03 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,741,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Don't you know? Just about every wing nut on this forum claims to be a self employed billionaire who just so happens to have nothing better to do than to hang out on these forums all day, every day.
Do they? It wouldn't surprise me if they were on food stamps and welfare but pretending not to be because they're Bible-bangers and want to feel they're part of the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 05:54 PM

1,187 posts, read 996,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiggan View Post
Curiosity is getting the better of me, for the home schoolers only: What's the process for a home schooled kid to get into a college?
That depends on a lot of things! Some colleges require a lot of extras that traditionally schooled children do not have to submit. If there are no "transcripts" of sorts, then they must show what type of work they did, get recomendations from the community, write extra essays, etc. And of course they also use the SAT's, ACT's and PSAT scores. Generally, most homeschooled children have a lot of character refrences they can get recommendations from and are heavily involved in the community and extra-curricular activities, so most of this is not a problem. And this is only for those kids who do not have any sort of traditional transcripts.

I would say, most homeschoolers are able to give actual transcripts... and not ones that are just "created" by their mothers. I'm not going to go into all the various ways of homeschooling, and where the transcripts come from.. that would entail writing a book!

Old 02-14-2013, 06:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,701,078 times
The majority of home schoolers in San Fran, are not Conservative at all.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:15 AM

Default More "evidence"

Of those socially awkard, unsocialized, brainwashed homeschoolers! Poor kid!

Hackschooling Makes Me Happy: Logan LaPlante at TEDxUniversityofNevada - YouTube

Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Of those socially awkard, unsocialized, brainwashed homeschoolers! Poor kid!

Hackschooling Makes Me Happy: Logan LaPlante at TEDxUniversityofNevada - YouTube
Oh, that definitely convinced ME that keeping kids out of a social life, and teaching them Creationism is an excellent option!!! Woohoo!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh, that definitely convinced ME that keeping kids out of a social life, and teaching them Creationism is an excellent option!!! Woohoo!
So you didn't watch the video! But you'll watch a reality TV show and base your opinions on that?? LOL!! IF you had any credibility on this subject (and that's a BIG IF!) you just lost it! LOL!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
So you didn't watch the video! But you'll watch a reality TV show and base your opinions on that?? LOL!! IF you had any credibility on this subject (and that's a BIG IF!) you just lost it! LOL!
I did. With specificity - what part of the video did you believe would convince me that homeschooling is a good thing for kids?

Old 02-15-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I did. With specificity - what part of the video did you believe would convince me that homeschooling is a good thing for kids?
I'll do that after you tell me, with specificity, what part of the video gave you the idea that he's being taught creationism and being kept from having a social life?

Old 02-15-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I'll do that after you tell me, with specificity, what part of the video gave you the idea that he's being taught creationism and being kept from having a social life?
I've already posted plenty on this thread, that I don't intend on copying and pasting here. I strongly urge you to go back and review what I've said about homeschooling. I'm quite familiar with homeschooling, as I've seen it up close and personal. It's undesirable in every conceivable way.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
I've already posted plenty on this thread, that I don't intend on copying and pasting here. I strongly urge you to go back and review what I've said about homeschooling. I'm quite familiar with homeschooling, as I've seen it up close and personal. It's undesirable in every conceivable way.
So, again, you did not watch the video and cannot comment on it accurately, but are holding to your preconceived mis-perceptions! Great! Just confirming what I already said.

I have read your many posts highlighting your obvious LACK of knowledge on the subject of homeschooling... and the lack of knowledge you have is quite impressive... especially since you continue to cling to your outdated and biggotted stereotypes!

Maybe you should watch the video and see what homeschooling is actually about... maybe you can learn something!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies