Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 01:45 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
because there is so much fraud in the system, the people who really need the help....dont get it

not beating up on anyone,,,,what if someone came up to you in an airport, and ask for money, they need just ten dollars more for their ticket home,,,depending on the person asking, half the population will want to help out- say you give that person ten dollars- its your good deed for the day- then you see that same person buying an 8 dollar drink in a nearby bar-
and you yourself wouldnt pay for an 8 dollar drink... your good feeling of charity, just got smahed into being a sucker- because of the fraud in the system,,alot of us are feeling like suckers

the welfare rolls are increasing- more and more of the working folks are hurting,,gas prices, taxes, etc.
and yes, many of us have seen firsthand the fraud in the welfare system,,its sickening

we need to jumpstart this economy, with businesses/productivity, not more hand outs, pretty soon we will be 20 trillion in debt,,,scares the hell out of many of us,,all the while,,our president is looked upon as a king that can do no wrong by most of the media
your tone is dramatic, it's just a few dollars here and there. try having someone who is supposed to give you money be the reason that started your debt, basically screwing you over (in all sorts of ways too) since childhood.
working folks are hurting, indeed...yeah ok not from where I'm standing

and where are you at? the president isn't glorified. I see a lot of people complaining about how he spends the govt money.

the system does need to be fixed though yes as I said I agree but what do you suppose we do? WE can't do anything, we are little people and money is what talks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 05:00 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
the system does need to be fixed though yes as I said I agree but what do you suppose we do? WE can't do anything, we are little people and money is what talks.
Its this attitude that doesn't fix anything.

You know what used to be great about America? I can. The, "I can'ts" have ruined it.

Vote for Christs sake. If voting doesn't do it, write your congressmen. If that doesn't do it, go to town hall meetings in your town. If that doesn't do it, run for office yourself.

One thing I can guarantee you, if you do nothing, nothing will change.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:03 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
All except the rich, right, who get bennies just for being rich.

Yes.

The same far right people on here who spy on someones grocery line and are jealous of someones I-pads and maniciured nails , are also the same who believe Fox infotainment is actual news, and that Warren Bufffet is something to be admired.

Unreal, isnt it.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:42 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

Yes.

The same far right people on here who spy on someones grocery line and are jealous of someones I-pads and maniciured nails , are also the same who believe Fox infotainment is actual news, and that Warren Bufffet is something to be admired.

Unreal, isnt it.
Not to mention the ones who constantly moan and groan about Fox News are so jealous of anyone who makes it on their own and aren't liberals. Go on and continue showing your jealousy because it is fun to read your tripe.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:04 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Have any of you wondered why foodstamps went from paper to a debit card? It was so the banks could make money as well, but yet that conversation is missing from alot of peoples mouths.
Agree, as they did in 1930 economic crash, JP Morgan Chase's food stamp empire

JP Morgan
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...mp-empire.html

Arguably, they may fit either of those descriptions. But as with so many other government programs in Washington, both WIC and its close cousin, the federal food stamp program, have morphed into something else: cash cows for powerful corporate interests.

the only losers are the ones on here attacking the disabled and poor.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
your tone is dramatic, it's just a few dollars here and there. try having someone who is supposed to give you money be the reason that started your debt, basically screwing you over (in all sorts of ways too) since childhood.
working folks are hurting, indeed...yeah ok not from where I'm standing

and where are you at? the president isn't glorified. I see a lot of people complaining about how he spends the govt money.

But lots of those "few dollars here and there" added up to $80 billion and is increasing.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:

Yes.

Unreal, isnt it.
Yeah, when I see someone well dressed with manicured nails whose kids have those hand held video games stocking up on all the free food at food pantries, I get a little ticked and feel cheated that the food I donate goes to the likes of these people who outwardly look like they could buy their own food with no problem.

Ticked me off so much I stopped donating.

I'd rather pay for hay for these animal rescue places than deal with people anymore I'm so disgusted with the gaming of the systems.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:20 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:

Yes.

Unreal, isnt it.
Absolutely unreal. The most unreal part of it is that the right wing spiers actually expect everyone to agree with their madness.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:30 PM

684 posts, read 1,150,628 times
Quote:

Yes.

Unreal, isnt it.

I am a liberal and a Democrat. I think your criticism of Warren Buffet is misplaced. Mr. Buffet may be very wealthy but I don't believe he is a vulture capitalist like Mitt Romney. In fact, he may very well be a Democrat or, at least a liberal Republian (a rare breed) or a ticket spliter. Remember, it is Warren Buffet who has been critical of the fact that he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. He is the originator of the eponymous "Buffet Rule" which declares that people making a million dollars or more should have to pay the highest rate of tax.
Also, next to Bill Gates, he is the largest contributor to the Gates Foundation, a charitable entity to which Mr. Buffet has donated or pledged over $30 billon.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
What are you talking about? Do you believe the right wing propaganda? See, that's why I have no respect for right wingnuts. Right wingnuts are very willing to believe myth, as long as it's to speak ill of the poor, and never the rich, who are the real predators and thieves.
such contempt,,,from the "tolerant"

I've always been surprised at the contempt and hatred for the party that pays for most of the welfare(10 times more dems on welfare than repubs)

You would think a THANK YOU would be in order, rather than all the name calling and in-tolerance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies