Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Like you really care about jack lew ? Your just using this as another excuse to make another "Bash Obama" thread. What if Romney did win and decided to use jack lew as well, would you be putting on this farse ? No if anything you wouldn't care or give a damn, you are a hypocrite !
But Romney didn't win, Obama did.
And here you have Warren saying she's going after the banksters with all she's got and not a single comment on Lew.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

I posted in the Warren thread saying she's a nobody and nothing will come of it and I'm being told I'm just a conservative that hates Democrats and what they stand for.

So what do they stand for with regards to the banksters because I just don't see any cohesion about this in the Dem party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 06:20 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
1) A failing bank.
2) A CEO bonus of $950K.
3) A taxpayer bailout.
4) A job as chief of the White House Office of Budget and Management.
5) A promotion to Treasury Secretary nominee.

And the worst part?

6) Not one single peep from the liberal left about the hypocrisy of Barack Hussein Obama and liberal ideology as a whole.

So much for Occupy Wall Street! So much for hating the 1%! So much for looking out for the middle class!

Liberalism is a mental disease. No question about it.

Tim Carney: Jack Lew's million-dollar bailout bonus | WashingtonExaminer.com
And he hhas Caymen bank accounts which i thought were evil romneys weakness

Old 02-22-2013, 06:57 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Like you really care about jack lew ? Your just using this as another excuse to make another "Bash Obama" thread. What if Romney did win and decided to use jack lew as well, would you be putting on this farse ? No if anything you wouldn't care or give a damn, you are a hypocrite !
This is not about Jack Lew. This thread is about hypocrisy. Perhaps this oversight on your part.....willful or intentional....is why you won't hold this President accountable? Very telling indeed.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:10 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
Quote:
Some of us are honest and know both parties are corporate and bankster prostitutes, if Romney would have won his buddies would have replaced Obama's. It is a revolving door that is the way they roll in DC and the people are the dupes that let them. We have more power then we know but are just too dumb to use it and now it is probally too late.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:18 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
is why you won't hold this President accountable?
how exactly does one go about "Holding the President accountable" ?

Old 02-22-2013, 07:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
This is not about Jack Lew. This thread is about hypocrisy. Perhaps this oversight on your part.....willful or intentional....is why you won't hold this President accountable? Very telling indeed.
Well, it should be about Jack Lew also.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Well, it should be about Jack Lew also.
By extension, it's definitely about Jack Lew in the sense that this President is as hypocritcal as it comes (as is his base) for keeping the revolving door of cronyism spinning. Jack Lew's background should be such that liberals are marching on Pennsylvania Avenue for such stark and daring hypocrisy. But are they? No, not a peep.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
how exactly does one go about "Holding the President accountable" ?
You voted for the guy, right? Twice i'm guessing. Your vote should be used as an accountability measure. There was plenty of first term idiocy out of this President and yet you still fell right in line with the other sheep. Am I wrong?

Also, when's the last time you've written the President to air your complaints? When's the last time you wrote your Senator to urge him not to vote for Jack Lew as Treasury Secretary?

I'd venture a big fat NEVER. The silent hypocrisy speaks volumes.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:29 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
You voted for the guy, right? Twice i'm guessing.
My vote isn't your business.

Quote:
Your vote is accountability.
Well, the alternative to Obama was a clown. No intelligent person would have voted for Romney.

Are you suggesting that Republican voters are supposed to "take accountability" for things Romney does and says?

So your suggestion that I, as an individual voter, "vote Obama out" for a decision made after the election is somewhere between impractical and ridiculous.

Quote:
There was plenty of first time idiocy out of this President and yet you still fell right in line with the other sheep.
so I guess you think people who vote for Obama are sheep, and people who vote for Romney aren't sheep....

Quote:
Also, when's the last time you've written the President to air your complaints.

I'd venture a big fat NEVER.
Eh.. I'd say around 4 or 5 times.

I also wrote Gingrich and Huntsman during the GOP primaries. Never got responses, of course.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
My vote isn't your business.

Right, but the alternative was a Republican.

And I'm even LESS likely to "take accountability" for the decisions of Romney. I think they would be worse.

So your suggestion that I, as an individual voter, "vote Obama out" for a decision made after the election is somewhere between impractical and ridiculous.
Geithner was equally as bad. Romney would have picked someone as bad but until people quit voting for the lesser of two evils we will continue to get bad choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies