Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2013, 07:18 AM

1,723 posts, read 2,230,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
From a moral standpoint, I'm against homosexuality. I do not believe that it was intended for men to sleep with other men, or women to sleep with other women. If it was intended to be this way, why can't two people of the same gender reproduce? In essence, no life form can ever develop from these unions.

. . .

What are your thoughts?
That you should keep your religious ideas to yourself and not expect anyone to let your religious preferences influence their behavior or beliefs.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,596,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
You want children to be exposed to that sort of lifestyle at an early age, so that they never learn right from wrong, whereby allowing you and your ilk to continue along your path of destroying morality and values. I will continue to add my voice to this discussion, because someone has to speak out and say enough is enough.

Stop acting like I'm the crazy one because I don't support two men screwing and two women screwing and adopting children under the guise of being one big happy family.

Because I don't accept nor endorse sex between same genders doesn't make me intolerant or a bigot. It just means that I don't accept that perverse lifestyle or want that type of behavior around me or my family. It's akin to not wanting to be around criminals/murderers, liars, prostitutes, pedophiles, etc. I view it all as one in the same.. it's nothing more than gross pathology.
Why the obsession with the sexual acts of others? Is that your thing?

My children have been exposed to families of all descriptions, they know that 2 consenting adults who love one another can be together in a relationship. We don't go into the nitty-gritty, if you like to go there with your children then knock yourself out.

What I absolutely will not expose my children to is hatred and bigotry.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:25 AM

734 posts, read 934,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Why the obsession with the sexual acts of others? Is that your thing?

My children have been exposed to families of all descriptions, they know that 2 consenting adults who love one another can be together in a relationship. We don't go into the nitty-gritty, if you like to go there with your children then knock yourself out.

What I absolutely will not expose my children to is hatred and bigotry.
Yes, it's hatred and bigotry to say that you don't support two men screwing and two women screwing. I'm such a bigot for having these beliefs.

Apparently, the only ones who should be able to speak about this issue, are those in support of it. If I was gushing over homosexuals and stating that their lifestyle is great, no one would have anything to say. But the moment that someone questions sin in this society, they are bigots and hateful.

LOL totally incredulous!

Old 02-27-2013, 07:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,659,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
I've often wondered why there is such a push (recently) for Same Sex Marriage.

I don't know either. With all the amount of press and political attention you'd think 40% or so of Americans were LGBT.

But the stat is more like 3%. A vocal minority with high profile defenders is all I can figure.

Social issues are top priority in today's society so it's no surprise that this is important to people and government.

I'm neither anti nor pro. I really don't care one way or the other.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:28 AM

412 posts, read 686,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
By this logic it's also amoral for menopausal women, sterile women and men and people who just plain don't want children to engage in sexual activity.
Damn skippy.

The ability to reproduce, the desire to reproduce does not make one union good and another one amoral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Why shouldn't gay people be allowed to marry whom they want to marry? As long as you are not being forced to marry someone of the same sex, what is to you?
Yes!
What is it about people who believe that others being allowed to marry would harm their own marriage.

People of the same sex marrying will harm my marriage about as much as Brittany Spears having a marriage that lasted - what - hours? Or from people marrying multiple times or from people marrying for money or for a green card or because they had nothing better to do that day.

People who have a problem with same sex marriages just want to deny people something that they get to enjoy and for the simple reason that they are just miserable people.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:31 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
That you should keep your religious ideas to yourself and not expect anyone to let your religious preferences influence their behavior or beliefs.
If my religious belief prohibits pedophilia, should I be silent about pedophiles?

Old 02-27-2013, 07:34 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,456,360 times
Quote:
You want children to be exposed to that sort of lifestyle at an early age, so that they never learn right from wrong, whereby allowing you and your ilk to continue along your path of destroying morality and values. I will continue to add my voice to this discussion, because someone has to speak out and say enough is enough.

As opposed to... what? Exposing them to stories of asexual reproduction (Adam begetting Eve), incest (everyone that comes after) Murder, baby and child killing (Exodus), fanciful tales of floods and a dude sticking every animal, flea, bug and tick onto a big boat for 40 days....

Your moral values are horrid. They are oppresive. They have bound humanity into mental and physical slavery for centuries, and enough is enough.

If there is a God he/she is probably disgusted at how much atrocity people like you have committed in his/her name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily1224
Stop acting like I'm the crazy one because I don't support two men screwing and two women screwing and adopting children under the guise of being one big happy family.
You ARE the crazy one. You're the crazy one because you base your worldview on fairy tales. You're an allegedly grown adult and you believe in cosmic Santa Claus.

In a just world, people like that would be locked away as schizophrenics that are demonstrable dangers to society (history is replete with people who have believed just as you do about any number of their gods - alive or dead - and have committed mass acts of atrocity, murder and war).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily1224
Because I don't accept nor endorse sex between same genders doesn't make me intolerant or a bigot. It just means that I don't accept that perverse lifestyle or want that type of behavior around me or my family. It's akin to not wanting to be around criminals/murderers, liars, prostitutes, pedophiles, etc. I view it all as one in the same.. it's nothing more than gross pathology.

It makes you a bigot. It makes you willfully ignorant. It makes you part of a sad and rapidly dying breed and class of persons that history will judge the same way:

That is your legacy. Hope it makes you proud.

734 posts, read 934,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I don't know either. With all the amount of press and political attention you'd think 40% or so of Americans were LGBT.

But the stat is more like 3%. A vocal minority with high profile defenders is all I can figure.

Social issues are top priority in today's society so it's no surprise that this is important to people and government.

I'm neither anti nor pro. I really don't care one way or the other.
There's a huge number of homeless women, men and families in this country, but somehow gay marriage is the most important agenda on the table.

Ever wonder why Obama has all of the time in the world to discuss this issue, and not issues that are really salient to most of the country? It's because this IS the most important agenda according to his handlers, and I'll leave it at that.

12,980 posts, read 14,596,230 times
Quote:
Yes, it's hatred and bigotry to say that you don't support two men screwing and two women screwing. I'm such a bigot for having these beliefs.
Again, your obsession with other people's sexual acts. Ewwwwww.......

Quote:
Apparently, the only ones who should be able to speak about this issue, are those in support of it. If I was gushing over homosexuals and stating that their lifestyle is great, no one would have anything to say. But the moment that someone questions sin in this society, they are bigots and hateful.
What is "their lifestyle"? You are not speaking about the issue, you are talking about sexual acts. You failed to mention the fact that 2 people of the same gender have the same type of relationship as anyone else. A home, love, commitment, family, children, friends, jobs, vacations, hobbies, IRAs, 401ks, legal documents, etc. You know a marriage.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,267,419 times
Quote:
Yes, it's hatred and bigotry to say that you don't support two men screwing and two women screwing.
Wow. That's a lot of thinking about the sex lives of..... other people. Is this something you do often?

Because I spend pretty much zero time on it. And I actually know gay people. (They're wonderful friends, BTW. Funny and giving and hard working and much more pleasant to be around than the finger shakers like yourself who seem to spend a lot of time thinking about.... gay sex.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies