Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2013, 09:20 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,382,644 times

Advertisements

I haven't read this entire thread but by the OP's post marriage is solely (or primarily) for the reproduction of healthy children.

Based on that belief then any individual who either chooses not to have children, is not able to have children or produces unhealthy children should not be allowed to marry or if already married should have the marriage ended so that the able and willing individual may find a suitable partner with whom they can reproduce healthy offspring.

Any form of medical intervention to assist in the process conception should also be prohibited to all since it too would not be "natural".

Maybe she would also like to take it a step further and have it be law that unhealthy babies or those who will not be capable of caring for themselves and any offspring they might produce be "euthanized" immediately.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:20 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,851,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
I'm crazy because I believe in the Creator, and I believe that he created us in His image? I believe that God gave us the ability to discern right from wrong and to understand the difference between good and bad behavior... yet I'm the crazy one?
The same God that created you, created Gay people and told you to love them as you love yourself.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,388,524 times
Quote:
I have to keep driving home the message, that men having sex with men, and women having sex with women is what I disagree with.

The issue is their sexuality. That's what I disagree with in a nutshell. I have a right to disagree, just as you have a right to disagree with me.

You also have the right to hate black people, Hispanics, the handicapped, overweight people and those that look like Carmen Miranda by wearing a fruit hat on the top of your head.
What you don't have the right to do is deny these people including members of the GLBT community their civil rights.

To use religion to justify your lack of compassion, kindness inclusion and understanding is to play the fool.

You do realize Lilly that you and your kind are already a minority and rapidly shrinking into oblivion right?

As long as you understand your place I think we can all agree to be civil with one another.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,135,476 times
there is no value

Last edited by stargazzer; 02-27-2013 at 09:45 AM..

Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 AM

1,723 posts, read 2,228,026 times
Quote:
How about: imagine that everyone on the planet suddenly became gay, and had no interest in the opposite sex. How exactly would the human race continue to exist?
What value would homosexuality add to such a society?
What if everyone on the planet suddenly decided to have 7 kids? What if everyone decided to have 0 kids? What if everyone decided to spend all day asking irrelevant questions? Whether someone reproduces or not has no bearing whatsoever on the discussion.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,171,951 times
What is the real agenda? It's called equal rights, non discrimination. It's really quite simple. And only a heinous jerk would stonewall gays getting married. End of story.

2,083 posts, read 1,622,400 times
My problem with the gay rights movement is how black-and-white it is. Unless you support gay rights 100%, you're a bigot. The scope of this movement changes the entire paradigm of marriage, which is built on centuries of tradition. It's going to take some time before it's openly accepted by everyone, but some gay rights advocates expect things to change overnight and are quick to judge someone who is in the middle of 'coming around', calling them any number of insults because they don't yet meet their standards of gay acceptance.

I like gay people; I support the rights of gay couples to enjoy the same protection traditional marriage provides, but I still believe there should be a distinction between a marriage between man and woman and a civil union recognized by the state. Many would call me a bigot for holding this opinion, regardless that I support equal rights for gay couples. This all-or-nothing attitude is extremely short-sighted and a big turn off to those you're trying to get on your side.

1,723 posts, read 2,228,026 times
Quote:
I have to keep driving home the message, that men having sex with men, and women having sex with women is what I disagree with.

The issue is their sexuality. That's what I disagree with in a nutshell. I have a right to disagree, just as you have a right to disagree with me.
Sure you have a right to believe whatever you want to believe and no one is telling you otherwise. You are telling people to not express their nature because it conflicts with your beliefs. That's the difference. Why should your personal beliefs dictate how other people actually live their lives? Their expressions are not limiting your ability to believe what you want.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:30 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,851,318 times
Quote:
How about: imagine that everyone on the planet suddenly became gay, and had no interest in the opposite sex. How exactly would the human race continue to exist?
What value would homosexuality add to such a society?

Typically homosexuals will respond by stating, but what about women who can't give birth. Yes, there are women who are sterile or have other reasons why they can't conceive a child or do not wish to have children. But within any given population of women, there are those that can conceive and are interested in doing so.

Please inform me of any known population of homosexual men who are interested in having children, AND are able to do so with their male partner. Also, if you have the evidence, inform me of any homosexual population of women who are interested in having children, and able to do so with their female partner.

This is why homosexuals always lose in the end. Your partnerships do not result in families on any level. Surely, there are gays who adopt, but in order to adopt children, you will always need heterosexuals or male/female sexual relations to produce children, otherwise the population would not be able to repopulate, as people die off...

So what benefit does homosexuality really provide society?
So you are only allowed to have rights in society if the rest of society says that you are of some value to society? That is a very slippery and dangerous slope.

I know dozens of wonderful same gender families. Their families deserve the same rights, protections and benefits as my family.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:30 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,129,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
I've often wondered why there is such a push (recently) for Same Sex Marriage. Some homosexuals who are interested in marriage, argue that their civil rights are violated, due to the fact that they presently can't marry in certain states, while others have expressed concern over not being able to inherit pensions, Social Security benefits, etc. from their long-term partners.

I doubt that this is the real issue. I think the real agenda is to normalize homosexual activity. I've noticed that many movies and tv programs often feature at least one gay person (despite the fact that according to recent studies, less than 4% of the entire American population is gay). Even when one considers that there may be some people outside of that 4% who also engage in homosexual activities, the total percentage of persons who engage in homosexuality probably account for less than 5% of the American population.

From a moral standpoint, I'm against homosexuality. I do not believe that it was intended for men to sleep with other men, or women to sleep with other women. If it was intended to be this way, why can't two people of the same gender reproduce? In essence, no life form can ever develop from these unions.

I really wish that gay people would be more straightforward about this issue. Also, I wish that people were wise enough to acknowledge that homosexuals should be given rights to inherit their partners pension, Social security benefits (etc), but the partnership should only be recognized as a "Civil Union" and not a marriage.

I think more people would be supportive, if gays agreed to the civil partnerships (with all of the marriage perks) without trying to redefine marriage. What are your thoughts?

The real agenda is to allow gay people to marry, period.

Last edited by carterstamp; 02-27-2013 at 09:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies