Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 01:47 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,036,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
If she reached for the lipstick and the dress on her own, then the freaky thing to do would be to slap her hand and force a G.I. Joe into her palm.

Let the kid be what she wants to be, as long as it isn't hurting anyone. It is a parenting choice.
The freaky thing to do is to suddenly start calling your small child a girl because your boy decided to play dress up, a very normal behavior for very young children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 02:04 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,985,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
The freaky thing to do is to suddenly start calling your small child a girl because your boy decided to play dress up, a very normal behavior for very young children.

There is a difference between playing "dress up" and living every moment of your life as a girl and flipping out when people try to force you to be a boy.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:13 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,577,445 times
I know it's asking a lot, but if people had actually read any of the links, or watched the interview, they would see that the child is under the care of a mental health team. The parents didn't just up and decide this on their own.

Carry on with the ignorant rants.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:01 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,049,208 times
The rights of this kid do not trump the rights of all the other kids who attend that school. If you want to raise your son as a girl, great. Pay for private school and find one that has a transgender bathroom that he/she can use. Until then there's no reason why a perfectly healthy and anatomically correct male should be allowed to use a female restroom.

If I had a daughter who attended that school I'd raise some hell, you don't trample the rights of hundreds of kids just because one has some oddball parents who have lost their minds.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:16 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,904,707 times
"The parents and lawyers representing the family urged the principal to reconsider, contending that singling out their daughter as the only girl in the school banned from using the girls’ bathrooms was stigmatizing and psychologically damaging."

LOL, and raising your boy as a girl is not stigmatizing and psychologically damaging?

Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,094,441 times
Quote:
"The parents and lawyers representing the family urged the principal to reconsider, contending that singling out their son as the only boy in the school banned from using the girls’ bathrooms was stigmatizing and psychologically damaging."
I fixed it. But hold it... aren't all the other boys banned from using the girl's room as well?

Old 02-28-2013, 06:26 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,758,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Figures...happened in CO. ....WTH is happening to that state?
So this one isolated incident & you are dissing the entire state of Colorado? Come on.....

Old 02-28-2013, 07:04 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,559,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
So this one isolated incident & you are dissing the entire state of Colorado? Come on.....
how about this case
No cake for you! Bakery blasted for refusal to make gay couple

Old 02-28-2013, 09:46 PM

10,034 posts, read 9,517,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
I was talking to my mother earlier today about the new laws in MA regarding transgender school-age children and bathrooms. We came to a conclusion: how about they have their own bathroom? No one gets in trouble for feeling uncomfortable, and the transgender children will surely be accepted by other transgenders!
Now think about the cost to build and maintain a third type bathroom in every public school in America.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:59 PM

10,034 posts, read 9,517,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
i can believe all the hype over boy and girls using the same restroom. Dont your kids use the same bathroom? or do you have one for your girls and one for your boys.
You mean to tell us you have a bathroom at home with multiple stalls? Seriously, you have to know that we are discussing restrooms that allow multiple users at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies