Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 05:36 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,652,730 times

Advertisements

All these states keep making new laws, I have been on a waiting list for a AR-15 Lower. I was in a gunshop just looking into FFL transfers and saw they had a PSA-15, I wanted to research it, went back a day later, bam... already sold, and they recieved another AR-15, and it was sold within hours.

I'd like for it to just finally all deem all these laws unconstitutional and we can go about our daily lives again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 05:46 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
It has already been to the Supreme Court.
The Court said the right to keep and bear arms is an INDIVIDUAL right!
The problem is the damfools in Congress that don't know the Constitution, and forgot their oath to uphold it!
It is well past time to kick them ALL out, and start over!
If you don't have anybody to vote FOR, vote AGAINST the incumbent!
Forget party affiliation, vote AGAINST the incumbent!
There is bound to be an Independent or Libertarian or Strict Constitutionalist on your ballot.
Vote AGAINST the incumbent!
NO MORE career politicians!
No more than two terms, then make them go home and get a real job!

Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
All these states keep making new laws, I have been on a waiting list for a AR-15 Lower. I was in a gunshop just looking into FFL transfers and saw they had a PSA-15, I wanted to research it, went back a day later, bam... already sold, and they recieved another AR-15, and it was sold within hours.

I'd like for it to just finally all deem all these laws unconstitutional and we can go about our daily lives again.
"shall not be infringed", right?

By that strict interpretation felons' right to posses arms should also not be infringed correct? Nor minors?

Old 02-28-2013, 05:55 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post

Anthony Scallia, conservative judge, has already said background checks are constitutional. Local bans on semi automatic weapons, is constitutional. Restricting magazine size, is constitutional. Telling you that you can't own a shotgun or handgun in your home, unconstitutional.

You don't have to wait.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
The supreme court in their resent rulings have strengthen gun rights ;not decresed them.Basically its like free speech and hard to restrict it.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:48 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
"shall not be infringed", right?

By that strict interpretation felons' right to posses arms should also not be infringed correct? Nor minors?
Felons do not have rights, children do not receive full rights either.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:53 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Felons do not have rights, children do not receive full rights either.
"Shall not be infringed"

Where does the constitution give the government the right to deny 2nd amendment rights to felons or minors?

Old 02-28-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
"Shall not be infringed"

Where does the constitution give the government the right to deny 2nd amendment rights to felons or minors?

5th amendment of these United States

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Notice the "without due process of law", being a felon is getting your due process, and then those rights removed.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:00 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Anthony Scallia, conservative judge, has already said background checks are constitutional. Local bans on semi automatic weapons, is constitutional. Restricting magazine size, is constitutional. Telling you that you can't own a shotgun or handgun in your home, unconstitutional.

You don't have to wait.
Links please, because your wrong.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Links please, because your wrong.

Scalia opens door for gun-control legislation, extends slow burning debate | Fox News

Why Liberals Should Thank Justice Scalia for Gun Control - NationalJournal.com

Antonin Scalia: There Are 'Undoubtedly' Limits To A Person's Right To Carry Guns (VIDEO)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies