Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 02:22 PM

294 posts, read 437,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As were:

The Shah-
Marcos
Pinochet
The Saudi government, et al

It's amazing Castro isn't suing the US for not getting the 'official' repressive ass treatment
maybe he should....that was then this is now...he just carried over.

and the saudis.....different animal then everyone else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 02:25 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old biddie View Post
As if he did not put enough on his plate, Bush has to stir up another hornet's nest.
Why is he doing this? Is he trying to make everyone hate us?
I feel like a sitting duck.
I really don't understand him, and what makes him feel that it is his job to change the world and existing cultural systems? It's like he gets bored with one mess he's made, and then turns around and tries to create another.
I am completely perplexed. I've never seen anything like it in my life.
It is funny how everything that has happened is blamed on Dumya it is like Utopia existed prior to 2000

Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 PM

you mean it wasnt utopia before george came into office...??

Old 10-24-2007, 02:38 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,391,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie94 View Post
maybe he should....that was then this is now...he just carried over.

and the saudis.....different animal then everyone else
Different animal because they are the most reprehensible? Or simply b/c their interests coincide with ours? Isn't that how we make a determination between "good" and "bad" dicators? What do you mean, that was then, this is now? We were anti-Castro b/c of the Cold War. Now it is just about placating a particular vocal and powerful political group- there is no rational reason for the current Cuban policy beyond electoral politics. I have no problem budding up to certain dictatorships to boost US interests, but to feign outrage over cynicism over US Cuban policy is just silly.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:41 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Communist Cuba = Bad.

Communist China = Most favoritest best friends in the world.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:41 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Seems like everyone but the politicians agrees that the travel embargo is just a ridiculous, silly bit of political nonsense. We don't even have a travel embargo on North Korea, but we have one on Cuba?

Old 10-24-2007, 04:09 PM

thats because we cant get into North korea without being smuggled

as far as china....not nearly the best friend, but have more reason to be tolerant of those turds

what is so horrible and reprhensible about the saudi govt??? (keep in mind i am not a big fan of the saudis)

Old 10-24-2007, 04:15 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
You actually support the travel embargo?

Old 10-24-2007, 04:18 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
thats because we cant get into North korea without being smuggled
Huh?

Quote:
as far as china....not nearly the best friend, but have more reason to be tolerant of those turds
Why? Because the Waltons are heavy political $$$ contributors?

Quote:
what is so horrible and reprhensible about the saudi govt??? (keep in mind i am not a big fan of the saudis)
Start with the fact they're a bunch of lying, two faced hypucrites and go from there. It used to be a news fixture, these supposedly pious, devout Muslims whoring around Monte Carlo and other world playgrounds. And then we could go on to their funding of radical Islamic schools, teachers of hatred of America, in Pakistan...................

Old 10-24-2007, 04:25 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Can't they just kiss and make up? It would make it a lot easier to get my hands on my Cohibas....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies