Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,055,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
So his hat wasn't covering his eyes as you implied? He was simply wearing his hat just like anybody wears a hat.

- Guess your point about his hat is a failure on your part.

Why he didn't bring in a video crew and roll in a camera, etc?

- Perhaps he wanted to appear to be an average person buying a gun, and not some well known gun-law celebrity who would then be treated special by the gun store owner?

Why he didn't say anything about it until being caught on camera?

- Perhaps he was planning to put it on Facebook when he got home, and the camera person took the photo before he had the chance to go home? Ya' think?
Pardon me if his hat looks a little more pulled down than I would normally expect to see, I can see you're not hung up on that and I apologize for giving you something shiny to now focus on instead of the actual topic at hand.

What exactly could he have put on Facebook when he got home? That he legally purchased a gun and passed a background check? What does that prove?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If he was doing what he says he was doing he would have purchased a gun via private party without a background check.

He was caught buying a gun for himself.
Exactly, and now his lemming followers are doing their best to cover it up by making stupid excuses.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,994,776 times
Quote:
How would the gun store treat him differently? He has to fill out the 4473, it is a federal form. You complete the form, do the background check and pay the bill.

If he was doing what he says he was doing he would have purchased a gun via private party without a background check.

He was caught buying a gun for himself.
I am not going to argue this anymore.

All I can say is .... use common sense.

Kelly has no need for an AR-15. So why would he purchase it while he was preparing to testify about gun laws and background checks just days after his purchase?

I repeat .... COMMON SENSE.

It doesn't take rocket science to understand what his motive was.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Pardon me if his hat looks a little more pulled down than I would normally expect to see, I can see you're not hung up on that and I apologize for giving you something shiny to now focus on instead of the actual topic at hand.

What exactly could he have put on Facebook when he got home? That he legally purchased a gun and passed a background check? What does that prove?
You brought up his hat ... not me. Just showing you were wrong about the hat.

And try reading his facebook page yourself. I posted a link to it in a previous post.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,837,951 times
Quote:

Kelly has no need for an AR-15. So why would he purchase it while he was preparing to testify about gun laws and background checks just days after his purchase?

It's not about needs, that's just COMMON SENSE

He wanted an ar15 and got busted, he won't be the first democrat or republican wanting something that they want to outlaw for others.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:

COMMON SENSE is something I've never once seen come out of an anti-gun nut job like Mark Kelly, I wouldn't expect that to change any time soon. Common sense is also lacking when you look at what he did to allegedly prove a point. All he really proved was how gullible anti-gun morons are and how little credibility he has with the general public.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
It's not about needs, that's just COMMON SENSE

He wanted an ar15 and got busted, he won't be the first democrat or republican wanting something that they want to outlaw for others.
As I said ... I am not going to argue this anymore.

Believe whatever you want.

When people are unable to use common sense ... it makes no sense to argue with them.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:21 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,582,694 times
He's nothing but a fat face liar and hypocrite. If any of his supporters don't have a once of doubt, they are truly blind.

He could have called the media to be there for the purchase to prove his point.

He's ex military. Not surprising his background check is quick. Yet he is still waiting........

He also bought a .45.
He already owns a Glock 19. In AZ they come with 15 rd mags. Bet he still has them.

He obviously likes guns since the .45 is at least his second gun(AR-15 at least 3rd). Why should we believe he didn't buy it for himself?

Fat face liar...

Old 03-11-2013, 10:21 PM

Here's Mark Kelly looking as nervous as a hooker in church. He's publicly announced that he's owned many guns in his lifetime, he knows what it takes to buy a gun and what a background check would be like.

Gabby Giffords' Husband Mark Kelly on Why He Bought an AR-15 - Wolf Blitzer CNN - YouTube

Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 PM

He openly admits in that video that he always intended to buy the gun and turn it over to the police, so which is it? If he always intended to buy it to turn over that was an illegal straw purchase, if he lied and only decided to turn it over once he got caught buying it he's only a liar. I suspect it's the second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies